Kevin please don't go

The Echo

Re: Kevin please don't go

by The Echo » 07 Dec 2008 20:27

I can't see the point of this thread.

Yes he might go in January although the chances of this happening are at their lowest since relegation. Contract, programme interview etc. Sounds a bit desperate to me. If he goes it would be a shame but RFC and its supporters arn't going to get down on their knees and beg as the title of this thread implies. :roll: Show the value you place on Doyler in a positive way. He could do with a decent song for example.

We wonder why footballers have such big egos.
Last edited by The Echo on 07 Dec 2008 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2008 21:09

Ian Royal
SCIAG Zaki can't leave Wigan, they paid for a season-long loan. :roll:

So did the club Kebe was playing at when we signed him. All Zaki has to do is refuse to play if they won't let him leave for a bigger club that comes in for him.

I don't believe they paid for it. Anyway, as I don't think Wigan are paying any wages, they're better off letting him rot in the reserves than helping a rival team.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 07 Dec 2008 21:26

Readingfanman
bishbosh92 If doyle is going to stay in jan, then we need to be close to brum and wolves.

if we drift to far appart i dnt think he will risk playoffs and if a decent prem team cmes in for him hell be off.

hpe he stays tho dne fab dis year.

Who taught you English?

we dont really like "text" speak on here. Thank you.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 07 Dec 2008 21:30

he just needs to look at the likes of sidwell and shorey, who arnt getting a full game every game. The question is, does he play for football, or does he play for money.

Money - He'll go and sit on the bench to be paid 10 times more

Football - He'll stay and play 90 minute games week in week out and score goals.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 07 Dec 2008 21:48

SLAMMED he just needs to look at the likes of sidwell and shorey, who arnt getting a full game every game. The question is, does he play for football, or does he play for money.

Football - He'll stay and play 90 minute games week in week out and score goals.
Agrred there m8, depends if he wnats the big cheque.

or if he plays for the passion of the game! which unfortuntly not many players do nowadays, and im trying i no i use alot of slang thats done to msn but k .

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 07 Dec 2008 22:28

SLAMMED he just needs to look at the likes of sidwell and shorey, who arnt getting a full game every game. The question is, does he play for football, or does he play for money.

Did you see Sidders goal today? :shock:

66DD

by 66DD » 08 Dec 2008 00:02

bishbosh92

Agrred there m8, depends if he wnats the big cheque.

or if he plays for the passion of the game! which unfortuntly not many players do nowadays, and im trying i no i use alot of slang thats done to msn but k .

I do not believe that most of the posters on this forum have received an education to the same high level that you have. Wouldn't it be better to post items where words are spelt correctly, numbers are not used in place of letters, letters not omitted from words entirely and which were punctuated correctly? That way the rest of us would not feel as thick as pig s**t and may well be able to comprehend what you have posted.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 08 Dec 2008 08:34

SteveRoyal

I only remember siddwell doing one of them for us against west brom, but even that had to have a deflection.

Thats what i thought was good about him he wasn't scared to shoot.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 08 Dec 2008 08:42

Nothing we can do, no point worrying about it now. It 's Coppell's fault for getting us relegated.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 08 Dec 2008 09:15

bottom left hand corner
SteveRoyal

I only remember siddwell doing one of them for us against west brom, but even that had to have a deflection.

Thats what i thought was good about him he wasn't scared to shoot.
I have to agree wiv you there.

It seems that our midfielders are afarid from having a crack at goal from long range, so thats deffinatly one of the reasons we miss sidders.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Dec 2008 09:28

He's not going anywhere so stop worrying about it.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Dec 2008 09:31

He isnt going to go in Jan, if we dont get promoted then in the summer it will be a different story

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Dec 2008 10:31

SLAMMED Money - He'll go and sit on the bench to be paid 10 times more.

How much do you think Doyler's getting paid? He must be on somewhere between 15-25k a week? Ten times that would make him better paid than Ronaldo and Ballack. To sit on a bench? Probably a slight overestimation.

I'm wondering exactly how much money there will be now the credit crunch is starting to hit home? Here's hoping there's none around!

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 08 Dec 2008 12:37

Royal With Cheese How much do you think Doyler's getting paid? He must be on somewhere between 15-25k a week? Ten times that would make him better paid than Ronaldo and Ballack. To sit on a bench? Probably a slight overestimation.

I'm wondering exactly how much money there will be now the credit crunch is starting to hit home? Here's hoping there's none around!

Rumoured to be considerably more than that.

Getting Doyle to sign a new contract was a cracking bit of business by the club. How many top-flight clubs would be willing/desperate enough/have the finances/need a striker, in January, to pay a fee of probably £10m, wages approaching £50k+ a week, plus all the extras, to make him – and the club – even consider it. Everton, Tottenham and Aston Villa tick most of the boxes, and are probably the most likely suitors. If one of those came in, I think we’d struggle to hold on to him. Anyone else, and I’m positive he’ll be here come May.