164 posts
bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Just seen the Kebe red card...

by bb0118 » 09 Dec 2008 13:56

Appeal Unsucessful.
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 55,00.html

Jimmy Kebe's appeal has been unsuccessful, and he misses three games, starting with tonight's match Championship home fixture against Blackpool.

The winger was sent off for violent conduct during our 1-0 win at Barnsley on Saturday, and will now miss this evening's game, as well as our matches with Norwich and Birmingham.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Dec 2008 13:56

Appeal Failed, 3 game ban

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 09 Dec 2008 13:57

bb0118 Appeal Unsucessful.
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 55,00.html

Jimmy Kebe's appeal has been unsuccessful, and he misses three games, starting with tonight's match Championship home fixture against Blackpool.

The winger was sent off for violent conduct during our 1-0 win at Barnsley on Saturday, and will now miss this evening's game, as well as our matches with Norwich and Birmingham.

The F.A. stands for again?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Dec 2008 13:59

Absolute nonsense that to be frank. It was absolutely nothing, joke decision, the fella doesn't even go down. Typically cowardly, cosy FA decision. Iain Hume’s head gets broken – no ban. John Terry rugby tackles someone – no ban. Kebe shrugs off someone pulling his shirt – BAN. Respect the FA? I have more respect for Al Qaeda to be honest.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 09 Dec 2008 14:01

Very annoying. Problem is I don't think there was enough evidence to get the ban rescinded.

Bet Henry was wishing for Kebe to get the ban - he must be well up for it now. Hope he gets to play.

Y25

by Y25 » 09 Dec 2008 14:02

Not bothered about tonight but gutted he will miss the Brum game

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 09 Dec 2008 14:03

Y25 Not bothered about tonight but gutted he will miss the Brum game

Indees Brum must be ecstatic that he will miss the game.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Dec 2008 14:06

floyd__streete Absolute nonsense that to be frank. It was absolutely nothing, joke decision, the fella doesn't even go down. Typically cowardly, cosy FA decision. Iain Hume’s head gets broken – no ban. John Terry rugby tackles someone – no ban. Kebe shrugs off someone pulling his shirt – BAN. Respect the FA? I have more respect for Al Qaeda to be honest.

He didn't go down because he didn't make contact.

From the video it still looks like he took a bit of a backhanded swing at the defender. I can see why the appeal was thrown out.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 09 Dec 2008 14:06

Thats a bummer

hes been doing well recently

and will miss him dearly at Brum

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Dec 2008 14:06

Alan Partridge Appeal Failed, 3 game ban

what a joke, wonder if this panel chosen are either intoxicated, flip a coin or are just blind!

Arthur Pint
Location: Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, one step, two step and....

by Arthur Pint » 09 Dec 2008 14:11

What urks me is that Fox from Coventry got away with the exact same thing on Long and nothing happens. Needs to be some consistency.

Very annoying that he will be missing for the Brum game, but who ever gets the chance on the right wing, probably Henry will have to grab it with both hands.

The Echo

by The Echo » 09 Dec 2008 14:14

This decision, although unjust comes as no surprise. The last thing the FA want to do is to hang their official out to dry. I'm sure that they agree that his reaction to the incident was somewhat overzealous. If the referee failed to see it would the FA be slipping a misconduct charge under the doors of RFC? Of course not.

As it stands at the moment I've got no no time for the FA's Respect agenda. They've shown no respect for the unfortunate Jimmy Kebe.
Last edited by The Echo on 09 Dec 2008 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 09 Dec 2008 14:16

I'm a bit meh tbh. We should be able to beat Blackpool and Norwich without him. The brum game might be a battle and he's not the most physical player. We'll probably play Henry tonight and Saturday but beef up the midfield for our trip to Birmingham.

Coppell was looking to "rotate" during December anyway.

Just pleased he'll be back to face Cardiff as the ban didn't get extended.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 09 Dec 2008 14:17

Arthur Pint What urks me is that Fox from Coventry got away with the exact same thing on Long and nothing happens. Needs to be some consistency.

Very annoying that he will be missing for the Brum game, but who ever gets the chance on the right wing, probably Henry will have to grab it with both hands.
Agrred there, but this goes back since the Watford game.

Ever since weve had that phantom goal Reffs have been very harsh on us, I no that was a bad decision but it seems that every Offical is trying to make up for it with Joke decisions like Kebes And Bikeys was Harsh aswell.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 09 Dec 2008 14:19

I still don't believe for a second that the Watford goal is having any impact on the way refs treat us. It doesn't occur to me at a match, so why should it occur to someone with no connection to the club? We've all seen plenty of red cards for similar incidents as Saturday's, just as we've all seen plenty of players not be sent off for similar incidents. It's just down to individual interpretation.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 09 Dec 2008 14:21

It's interesting that Kebe didn't get an extended ban by Reading appealing which, in my view, is a tacit agreement of the FA that actually it wasn't as bad as first thought. Still, he raised his hands. If it had been the other way round we would have all clammered for the Barnsley man to be red carded.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 09 Dec 2008 14:23

This news is very frustrating and disappointing. Still at least when/if Henry plays he won't leave the ball behind him when he runs :roll:
We will miss his pace tonight. I don't know of anyone else in the team who can run as fast as Kebe, maybe i'll know come the end of tonight's match. I am worried though.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 09 Dec 2008 14:26

Royal With Cheese It's interesting that Kebe didn't get an extended ban by Reading appealing which, in my view, is a tacit agreement of the FA that actually it wasn't as bad as first thought. Still, he raised his hands. If it had been the other way round we would have all clammered for the Barnsley man to be red carded.
Fair point there

i had a felling it might of been extended, but as it hasnt the F.A has obv seen sumthing wasnt as bad as first thought.

Never the less still will be a big loss for Brum.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 09 Dec 2008 14:28

Royal With Cheese It's interesting that Kebe didn't get an extended ban by Reading appealing which, in my view, is a tacit agreement of the FA that actually it wasn't as bad as first thought. Still, he raised his hands. If it had been the other way round we would have all clammered for the Barnsley man to be red carded.

Just suggest that the FA accepted that it wasn't a frivolous appeal; which is not the same as saying that the referee made a mistake.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 09 Dec 2008 14:30

rabidbee

Just suggest that the FA accepted that it wasn't a frivolous appeal; which is not the same as saying that the referee made a mistake.

No - it's a mid ground in which they can sucessfully fudge the issue. A moral (if completely hollow) victory for the Royals.

164 posts