Just seen the Kebe red card...

164 posts
bishbosh92

Re: Just seen the Kebe red card...

by bishbosh92 » 09 Dec 2008 14:32

Royal With Cheese
rabidbee
Royal With Cheese It's interesting that Kebe didn't get an extended ban by Reading appealing which, in my view, is a tacit agreement of the FA that actually it wasn't as bad as first thought. Still, he raised his hands. If it had been the other way round we would have all clammered for the Barnsley man to be red carded.

Just suggest that the FA accepted that it wasn't a frivolous appeal; which is not the same as saying that the referee made a mistake.

No - it's a mid ground in which they can sucessfully fudge the issue. A moral (if completely hollow) victory for the Royals.
Greed they proberbly just want to end the issue.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 09 Dec 2008 14:33

bishbosh92
Royal With Cheese It's interesting that Kebe didn't get an extended ban by Reading appealing which, in my view, is a tacit agreement of the FA that actually it wasn't as bad as first thought. Still, he raised his hands. If it had been the other way round we would have all clammered for the Barnsley man to be red carded.
Fair point there

i had a felling it might of been extended, but as it hasnt the F.A has obv seen sumthing wasnt as bad as first thought.

Never the less still will be a big loss for Brum.

You're 16? Shocking m8, shocking. And..... Ignore. Bosh.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 09 Dec 2008 14:36

bishbosh92
Fair point there

i had a felling it might of been extended, but as it hasnt the F.A has obv seen sumthing wasnt as bad as first thought.

Never the less still will be a big loss for Brum.

We will have Bikey back for Brum(& Norwich), so all is not lost. He can win headers, defend and score goals, still the 'Rosie and Jim partnership' i will miss over the next 3 matches :cry:
Last edited by S09Royal on 09 Dec 2008 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Red card appeal for Jimmy not Bikey

by SteveRoyal » 09 Dec 2008 14:37

strap
bishbosh92 Well whatever it is there deffinatly something, as a agree we wouldnt treat it differently for a laugh.

Seriously, is it me? Or does anyone else have ANY idea what this poster is trying to say?

:| I'm with you, Strap.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 09 Dec 2008 14:43

I've got no idea about the above posts, but listening to the Reading World commentry of the game, it would appear as if Jim thought he was being 'held back' and just tryed to shake the defenders arm off. I think it was a very harsh red-card.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 09 Dec 2008 14:44

No surprise.

If it's not mistaken identity or if you happen to be someone other than John Terry, a successful appeal is very unlikely.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 09 Dec 2008 14:46

I like the reaction of the Barnsley defender, starts to question the lino as to why he's given away a penalty.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Dec 2008 15:15

Arthur Pint What urks me is that Fox from Coventry got away with the exact same thing on Long and nothing happens. Needs to be some consistency.

Very annoying that he will be missing for the Brum game, but who ever gets the chance on the right wing, probably Henry will have to grab it with both hands.

the only consistency there is going to be is consistently shit referees

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Dec 2008 15:26

andrew1957
Hoop Blah Well I've now seen the video I can't see the FA upholding our appeal.

The video doesn't show a lot but from what I could see he did wave his arm in the defenders direction and made a swip at him. Not sure if he connected, but in the laws of the game it doesn't matter if you connect or not, attempting to is still a red card.

Surprised at Coppell's stance on this as, although it's a nothing swipe, Kebe has still swung his arm out in the defenders direction (unless my eyes are deceiving me) and the FA have a history of throwing out such appeals ('Boro's Aliadiere appeal springs to mind).

Agree - having seen this on the OS I am sure that the appeal will be rejected and the ban probably increased to 4 games. IMO no chance of the appeal being successful and surprised we have taken the risk.

There was only ever going to be one result of this appeal and I am surprised the ban has not been extended.

Anyone who has watched football for a few years should know this is typical of the FA. They will always back a referee - even if he is obviously wrong. If a referee says that he made a mistake he is likely to be relegated by the FA to lower tier matches - so only a brave ref will admit a mistake.

The FA is a total joke and I am surprised that any of you thought the outcome would be different.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 09 Dec 2008 15:28

Kebe raised his hands to a player, that is a red 9/10 and rightly so. End of subject

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 09 Dec 2008 15:30

andrew1957
andrew1957
Hoop Blah Well I've now seen the video I can't see the FA upholding our appeal.

The video doesn't show a lot but from what I could see he did wave his arm in the defenders direction and made a swip at him. Not sure if he connected, but in the laws of the game it doesn't matter if you connect or not, attempting to is still a red card.

Surprised at Coppell's stance on this as, although it's a nothing swipe, Kebe has still swung his arm out in the defenders direction (unless my eyes are deceiving me) and the FA have a history of throwing out such appeals ('Boro's Aliadiere appeal springs to mind).

Agree - having seen this on the OS I am sure that the appeal will be rejected and the ban probably increased to 4 games. IMO no chance of the appeal being successful and surprised we have taken the risk.

There was only ever going to be one result of this appeal and I am surprised the ban has not been extended.

Anyone who has watched football for a few years should know this is typical of the FA. They will always back a referee - even if he is obviously wrong. If a referee says that he made a mistake he is likely to be relegated by the FA to lower tier matches - so only a brave ref will admit a mistake.

The FA is a total joke and I am surprised that any of you thought the outcome would be different.

Remind me please, did they back Graeme Poll when he made a howler of a mistake in the World Cup a few years ago?

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 09 Dec 2008 15:31

Can someone please explain to me the premise of an extended ban for an unsuccessful appeal?!? :|

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Dec 2008 15:34

Huntley & Palmer Kebe raised his hands to a player, that is a red 9/10 and rightly so. End of subject

Yes by the letter of the law but worse things happen every week and go unpunished. Although I agree that there was no chance of us winning the appeal, the bigger picture is the FA's complete inability to bring any consistency or common sense to refereeing in this country.

As I said the FA are a joke.

1/ Morgan nearly kills someone and goes unpunished.
2/ Players routinely dive and cheat and yet no retrospective punishment
3/ Will not use video either live or after the event to correct wrong decisions.
4/ Kebe does a powder puff challenge and gets red card.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 09 Dec 2008 15:38

andrew1957
Huntley & Palmer Kebe raised his hands to a player, that is a red 9/10 and rightly so. End of subject

Yes by the letter of the law but worse things happen every week and go unpunished. Although I agree that there was no chance of us winning the appeal, the bigger picture is the FA's complete inability to bring any consistency or common sense to refereeing in this country.

As I said the FA are a joke.

1/ Morgan nearly kills someone and goes unpunished.
3/ Will not use video either live or after the event to correct wrong decisions.

See it this way, it'll be a sweet victory if we get automatically promoted because atm it seems to me that every referee we've had are making our matches increasingly harder to win. The FA are joke, but like i said this before, the world is back to front and maybe every ref thinks that we're a team of cheaters thanks to a 'non-goal' being allowed against Watford. Ref's want respect for doing their job, yet they don't make it easy for themselves gaining that respect when they send players off- angering players, fans and staff alike.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 09 Dec 2008 15:40

Not happy. I actually had a little bit of hope the ban would be successfully appealed :roll:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 09 Dec 2008 15:40

readingfc13 Can someone please explain to me the premise of an extended ban for an unsuccessful appeal?!? :|

The FA Disciplinary Procedures, Section A, 5(h), III If the Commission’s decision is to reject the claim, it will, in every case, go on to
consider whether or not the player’s punishment should be increased.
If the Commission considers that the rejected claim had no prospect of success
and / or amounts to an abuse of process, the Commission shall have the
discretion to increase the penalty up to twice the standard punishment set out in
this Memorandum.
In all other cases, the Player reported by the Referee shall serve the standard
punishment as set out in this Memorandum. In all cases where a claim is rejected
the fee shall be retained.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/E5AD8 ... s08091.pdf

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 09 Dec 2008 15:48

They can stick their Respect campaign up their holes.

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 09 Dec 2008 15:57

rabidbee
readingfc13 Can someone please explain to me the premise of an extended ban for an unsuccessful appeal?!? :|

The FA Disciplinary Procedures, Section A, 5(h), III If the Commission’s decision is to reject the claim, it will, in every case, go on to
consider whether or not the player’s punishment should be increased.
If the Commission considers that the rejected claim had no prospect of success
and / or amounts to an abuse of process, the Commission shall have the
discretion to increase the penalty up to twice the standard punishment set out in
this Memorandum.
In all other cases, the Player reported by the Referee shall serve the standard
punishment as set out in this Memorandum. In all cases where a claim is rejected
the fee shall be retained.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/E5AD8 ... s08091.pdf
Ah thanks, that clears that up.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 09 Dec 2008 17:05

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 55,00.html

What a joke. The only positives I can see is Both Bobby and Henry get their chance to prove themselves, and attempt to keep their place. 3 matches, boys, three matches.
:lol: Expect a Coppell rant this evening after the match.

anR

by anR » 09 Dec 2008 17:22

andrew1957 1/ Morgan nearly kills someone and goes unpunished.

You forgot to add...

5/ Award goals that should not have been that then go to upset the offended team to end the match as a draw.

164 posts