Defences Confidence with USA

bishbosh92

Defences Confidence with USA

by bishbosh92 » 10 Dec 2008 09:49

I hope Marcus isnt out for to long.

As last night when Fed came on it seemed that our defence became very Nervy and looked Shaky.

And i think it is because the Confidence the Defence has with Marcus in goal.

What do you lot think?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Defences Confidence with USA

by Vision » 10 Dec 2008 09:55

It was a nervy 2nd half performance full stop.

Federici's been around for long enough now that it shouldn't be an issue. He's 2nd choice so obviously you'd think he's not quite as good as Marcus and as is usual with these things there will be nerves initially but this is his big chance .

I'm 50/50 really as to whether he's good enough for this level but i guess we'll find out for sure over the next couple of weeks. Could be the making of him and a major bonus for us in the long term as well.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Dec 2008 09:59

Steve Tilson really rated him and said that he WILL be a Prmeiership keeper. I have my doubts but it is nice to know that he was very highly rated at Southend.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 10 Dec 2008 10:00

Vision It was a nervy 2nd half performance full stop.

Federici's been around for long enough now that it shouldn't be an issue. He's 2nd choice so obviously you'd think he's not quite as good as Marcus and as is usual with these things there will be nerves initially but this is his big chance .

I'm 50/50 really as to whether he's good enough for this level but i guess we'll find out for sure over the next couple of weeks. Could be the making of him and a major bonus for us in the long term as well.
I no Fed has the Ability to survive at this level, and yes good point it very well good be the making of him and good for us in he long run.

But the Defence needs Good confidence in the kepper and our Defence has been Solid with Marcus in goal, And i hope that doesnt change with Fed.

Be nice to no how long hes out for though.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 10 Dec 2008 10:01

Wycombe Royal Steve Tilson really rated him and said that he WILL be a Prmeiership keeper. I have my doubts but it is nice to know that he was very highly rated at Southend.
Yes he did which is a confidence booster.

I no a few southend fans to and they said hes the Best keeper have ever seen to Bless league 1.

So hes Doin something right.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 10 Dec 2008 10:09

bishbosh92

I no Fed has the Ability to survive at this level, and yes good point it very well good be the making of him and good for us in he long run.

But the Defence needs Good confidence in the kepper and our Defence has been Solid with Marcus in goal, And i hope that doesnt change with Fed.

Spelling, grammar, punctuation.... where the hell do I start???

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Dec 2008 10:19

Federici's positioning is a SERIOUS flaw in his game. Against Liverpool last season when Torres went through he stood so far over to one side that he opens the goal up for the forward and he did that to a tee yesterday for the disalllowed goal. I can't beleive the coaches haven't picked up on it, it's such a technical fault that will really hinder him.

I'm not a fan of Federici I must say on what I've seen. He kicks very well but he reminds me a lot of Paul Robinson in that he can make the odd specatcular save but yo could put him with a really good defense yet goals will find their way past him. Poor positional sense and a poor technique when diving for the ball are the two things that are the main reasons for this. He deserves a chance and Reading have no other alternative currently.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Dec 2008 10:22

londinium
bishbosh92

It's a wind-up.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Dec 2008 10:23

Alan Partridge Federici's positioning is a SERIOUS flaw in his game. Against Liverpool last season when Torres went through he stood so far over to one side that he opens the goal up for the forward and he did that to a tee yesterday for the disalllowed goal. I can't beleive the coaches haven't picked up on it, it's such a technical fault that will really hinder him.

I'm not a fan of Federici I must say on what I've seen. He kicks very well but he reminds me a lot of Paul Robinson in that he can make the odd specatcular save but yo could put him with a really good defense yet goals will find their way past him. Poor positional sense and a poor technique when diving for the ball are the two things that are the main reasons for this. He deserves a chance and Reading have no other alternative currently.

Jesus H Christ.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Dec 2008 10:24

Not sure faith would help, maybe it's worth a try.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Dec 2008 10:29

Deserves a chance though.

Cheers Zoff.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Dec 2008 10:31

readingbedding Deserves a chance though.

Cheers Zoff.

Yes he does, to prove my theory if nothing else. 8)

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Dec 2008 10:35

Have to say that if we have a reserve keeper who is comparable in ability to Paul Robinson we are pretty lucky.

Despite his faults Robinson is a good keeper.

And of any position keeper is the one that exposes supposed faults most cruelly.

There is no such thing as a perfect keeper.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 10 Dec 2008 10:55

Sun Tzu Have to say that if we have a reserve keeper who is comparable in ability to Paul Robinson we are pretty lucky.

And of any position keeper is the one that exposes supposed faults most cruelly.

Yes but i wish we could compare him with someone better.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Dec 2008 10:57

Sun Tzu Have to say that if we have a reserve keeper who is comparable in ability to Paul Robinson we are pretty lucky.

Never said that in terms of ability just said he reminds me of him. He deserves an opportunity just like everyone else but on what i've seen (it's not a lot) of Federici I can't see Hahnemann worrying too much abut getting his place back.

Garrincha

by Garrincha » 10 Dec 2008 11:22

Hopefully not tempting fate here but a good friend of mine who plays for Southend had been keeping me posted on the progress of Robson-Kanu and Federici and has suggested Fed had a very good spell on loan with them and that given a little more 1st team experience at Rdng could quite easily replace Marcus. (He also played with Marcus at a previous club so has knowledge of both keepers). The only negative point he had to say about Fed was that his kicking from the ground is not consistent but neither is Marcus's.

Fed did look very nervous when he came on but as a keeper it is extremely difficult to come on as sub particularly in a scrappy unpredictable game like last night. Now he knows he will have a run of games he will be able to prepare mentally and hopefully show what he is capable of.

What we have to remember is that although Marcus has made some fantastic saves this season that have no doubt contributed to our points tally there have also been some howlers at crucial periods in games that one could argue show his fallibility. This is not a criticicism but an observation.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 10 Dec 2008 11:25

bishbosh92 I hope Marcus isnt out for to long.

As last night when Fed came on it seemed that our defence became very Nervy and looked Shaky.

And i think it is because the Confidence the Defence has with Marcus in goal.

What do you lot think?

We'll see what happens, but I've no confidence in Fed and if he turns out to be hopeless then Coppell is to blame for not signing a reconignised backup keeper.

Not only did he look unsure with crosses, he should of save the offside goal. I was right in line and his positioning was totally wrong, USA would of saved it.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Dec 2008 11:44

In the perfect world he'll come in and just take over seamlessly leaving MH with a very big problem about getting back into the team.

What we desperately need on Saturday is a good defensive performance from the TEAM and a clean sheet to aid confidence. Presumably a lot of work will be put in in training this week on the defensive side of the game and getting some understanding.

Feds has shown he's competent but whether he can make the step up is now down to him. He should take the mantle and above all else ensure his communication with the back 4 is spot on.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 10 Dec 2008 11:47

Am I the only one who is't at all worried about the offside goal? I thought it had already been flagged offside way before it went in the goal, so why should Feds bother to save it?

Also, after the makeshift changes we had to make, the team would be a little shaky...not that that's a good thing, but it's like they have to get used to each other all over again. I hope they do before Saturday.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 10 Dec 2008 12:12

londinium [

You add him to your ignore/foe list so that you don't get troubled by the nonsense that he types.