Which of the three youngsters has been most impressive?

Which has been the most impressive?

Karacan
77%
Pearce
17%
Henry
3%
None of the above
2%

Total votes: 86
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Which of the three youngsters has been most impressive?

by Archie's penalty » 10 Dec 2008 18:39

Now that we've seen at least one full game from each of them which one of the three young buccaneers has impressed you most?

Will it be brave lil' Jem with his pace and energy?
Or Pearce with his aerial ability and calmness?
Or James with his skill and awareness?

My call is Jem for his energy and sheer enthusiasm. I think he has a great future here. Not so sure about Pearce as he seems slow and makes a lot of mistakes. Haven't seen enough of Henry but I think Jimmy is far ahead of him at the moment.

Vote now or forever hold your peace.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re: Which of the three youngsters has been most impressive?

by Handsome Man » 10 Dec 2008 18:48

I quite liked all of them but Pearce is the one who looks closest to a long run in the team for me.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 10 Dec 2008 18:57

I think pearce, he did really well when Bikey was away with the african cup of Nations and i thought was relatviely Solid at the Back with Inga.

Karacan also looked very Bright at the Begining of the Season

Havent really seen much of Henry so cant say.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 10 Dec 2008 19:30

Can we not have an option for "all of the above"? :?
I think they can all improve massively under Coppell's supervision, and they all have natural talent.
From what I've seen/heard, they're all good enough to improve and get into the first team.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 10 Dec 2008 19:38

Karacans looked the most promising to me and managed to force himself into the first team for a short stint as well. Looks very promising to me. Although Henry and Pearce also look very impressive.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Dec 2008 19:39

I don't think any of them are currently up to the standard we are playing, and more importantly, Coppell doesn't either or else they would be playing.

That's not to say they couldn't improve, but at the moment I'd say. Pearce, Div One standard, Karacan, Dive One standard, Henry, probably Div One/two.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 10 Dec 2008 19:53

I'd say all three are better than a lot of players I've seen in this division this season

The fact they can't hold down a place in our starting eleven doesn't mean they're not good enough for this division, you only have to look at the likes of Gunnarsson, Convey, Mateovsky etc etc etc to see other member of our squad who cant get in our side but would probably walk into a lot of other Championship teams

chandog

by chandog » 10 Dec 2008 20:06

Karacan has had the longest run in the first team and looked very good and should develop into an important player in our future

Pearce has had a few games and is on loan at southampton gaining some experience. he is also looking like having a decent future at the club when the likes of doobs and ingimarsson retire

Henry has hardly featured but must be doing something right to be consistently above convey in the pecking order. if he gets to start the next couple of games in kebes absence we will have a better idea of his current abilities and his potential

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Dec 2008 20:19

Pearce and Karacan would be regulars at a lot of Championship sides already. Henry is probably the most talented but I also think there is the biggest question mark over whether he can convert the talent into real achievement.

Coppell clearly rates them highly and I think we'll see all 3 go on and play a lot of games for the club, although you wonder whether promotion this season would be the best thing for them....

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 10 Dec 2008 20:20

I think Pearce/Karracan have impressed the most, mainly cause they have played the most. :roll: :wink:

Both are a long way down the order now, but Doobs and Ivar won't be around much longer, neither will Bryn.

Henry's is closest to 1st team action, but if Kebe keeps improving at the rate he has this season, Henry will not take his place in the side. I think Henry needs a loan at a Championship side, I don't think we have enough cover at the moment to do that. Next season, if we go up, we bring in another winger, Henry can then have a season long loan.

As I've said elsewhere would be very surprised in Jem doesn't go out on loan in Jan. Long, really, really needs to go out on loan to a League 1 side, just to get some confidence. I think a striker is a must in Jan, not Coppell would agree.

chandog

by chandog » 10 Dec 2008 20:21

Sun Tzu Pearce and Karacan would be regulars at a lot of Championship sides already. Henry is probably the most talented but I also think there is the biggest question mark over whether he can convert the talent into real achievement.

Coppell clearly rates them highly and I think we'll see all 3 go on and play a lot of games for the club, although you wonder whether promotion this season would be the best thing for them....

to put it simply they would nt get a look in if we got into the prem

probably all be sent out on loan for a season

coppell wouldnt trust them in the prem as they are so inexperienced under that sort of pressure

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 10 Dec 2008 20:28

chandog
Sun Tzu Pearce and Karacan would be regulars at a lot of Championship sides already. Henry is probably the most talented but I also think there is the biggest question mark over whether he can convert the talent into real achievement.

to put it simply they would nt get a look in if we got into the prem

probably all be sent out on loan for a season

coppell wouldnt trust them in the prem as they are so inexperienced under that sort of pressure

I think Pearce's biggest problem is Coppell rightly wants an experienced centre half to play with Bikey.

I look forward to the day when Pearce/Bikey is the spine of our defense. Not sure either are quite ready for, agree all 3 would go out on loan if we do go up.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Dec 2008 21:08

Agree 100% with the above.

Pearce has all the raw material to be the perfect partner for Bikey but it's probably 12 months away. He's got the character - he's not been afraid to order Doobs around in games but for a while he's going to need to concentrate on his own game rather than someone else's.

Would also agree that IF we go up 46 games in the Championship would do all 3 much more good than 38 games on a Premiership bench.

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 10 Dec 2008 22:21

Where can I vote for Julian Kelly :?:

Arthur Pint
Location: Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, one step, two step and....

by Arthur Pint » 10 Dec 2008 22:23

Karacan for me, especially when he first got in the team. Faded a little before he lost his place.

Pearce did well too, and we need to see a little more of Henry.

The great thing about this at last is we are talking about the players the Academy has produced, happy days!

bootboy

by bootboy » 10 Dec 2008 22:33

Arthur Pint The great thing about this at last is we are talking about the players the Academy has produced, happy days!

Spot on at last some young players to discuss. Remember theres also Church who did well for the wales u21 as well. Its been a long time coming. the long term future looks good.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 10 Dec 2008 22:41

bootboy Remember theres also Church who did well for the wales u21 as well.

Church looks a bright prospect. Quite exciting to see him partner up with Ramsey (who, essentially is quite a lot like Marek in his passing and vision) and score the goals. He must be in sight soon, especially if Long fails to perform.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 10 Dec 2008 23:57

Julian Kelly

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 11 Dec 2008 02:13

I can't decide between Pearce - who has always impressed me - and Karacan - who I think is this season's revelation.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 11 Dec 2008 11:08

Pearce has done well, but I really want to see Karacan back on the pitch for the sheer excitement of watching him.