Back from the game - Norwich

126 posts
mini _dariusz

Back from the game - Norwich

by mini _dariusz » 13 Dec 2008 17:37

Good result today, glad Longy got a goal, hopefully he can fulfill his career now and kick on even though he's still waiting to do it for the past 3 and a half years.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Norwich

by The 17 Bus » 13 Dec 2008 17:38

pfffffft

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 13 Dec 2008 17:41

Looks like there's a pest around.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Dec 2008 17:57

Though a fortunate result grinded out - in never looked as if we could break Norwich down.
Steven Hunts pen was good fortune. Shanes goal a cracker. How fortunes change. Once again nit picking officials.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 13 Dec 2008 18:00

Wonder for 80minutes were a goal would come from but a bit of fortune we got a penalty and really didnt want hunt to take it but he did and scored

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 13 Dec 2008 18:03

Another lackluster performance today!

but at the end of the day we still got three points, Hunty was fortunate with his penalty as keeper got a touch but luckily wasnt enough.

Gd goal from long you dont see him do that often, have to praise Henry today thought the game changed when he came on the pitch all in all average perfomance but a good 3 points.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Dec 2008 18:03

Well, today we have learnt that Marek is 1000x better in CM than at RM. Harper is still hopeless. NHunt is worryingly out of form. Long is in fact a good impact sub, contrary to what some people on here think. Federici is a good kicker of the ball.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Dec 2008 18:04

i'd say a vital three points made. Makes the Brum game finger licking good.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Dec 2008 18:09

winchester_royal Well, today we have learnt that Marek is 1000x better in CM than at RM. Harper is still hopeless. NHunt is worryingly out of form. Long is in fact a good impact sub, contrary to what some people on here think. Federici is a good kicker of the ball.

:roll:

Some of us have been saying it for months.

Harper sounded like one of our more dangerous players on the radio, getting in shooting positions, but just not quite able to get hold of the shots properly for various reasons.

2 goals in 18 / 19 appearances isn't great. Long can sometimes add something, but he just isn't good enough to be our 3rd choice striker.

Very pleased for Henry, really hope he starts against Brum. Hard choice for Coppell in choosing the midfield 2 though. Cisse, Harper, Marek and Gunnar all have their weaknesses and strengths making it a tough call.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Dec 2008 18:10

Ian Royal
winchester_royal Well, today we have learnt that Marek is 1000x better in CM than at RM. Harper is still hopeless. NHunt is worryingly out of form. Long is in fact a good impact sub, contrary to what some people on here think. Federici is a good kicker of the ball.

Harper sounded like one of our more dangerous players on the radio, getting in shooting positions, but just not quite able to get hold of the shots properly for various reasons.

2 goals in 18 / 19 appearances isn't great. Long can sometimes add something, but he just isn't good enough to be our 3rd choice striker.

Very pleased for Henry, really hope he starts against Brum. Hard choice for Coppell in choosing the midfield 2 though. Cisse, Harper, Marek and Gunnar all have their weaknesses and strengths making it a tough call.

Harper certainly was the most dangerous player on the pitch, but to our goal instead of their's.

LOL at judging a game on the radio.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 Dec 2008 18:13

From the off it didnt look like we would score at all. After the penalty, which had a bit of luck with the goalkeeper touching onto the inside of the post, we looked alot more positive and we showed that with Longs goal. Well taken header but i still believe he can only really reach his full potential if he goes on load.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 13 Dec 2008 18:14

Outstanding kicking from Federici, especially from claiming the corner and spotting Henry's run which resulted in a Reading corner within 20secs. Henry looked very impressive and great assist for the second goal.

Midfield looked miles better with Marek dropping into the centre, Henry out right and Gunnar adding a stronger defensive quaility.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Dec 2008 18:15

winchester_royal
Ian Royal

Harper certainly was the most dangerous player on the pitch, but to our goal instead of their's.

LOL at judging a game on the radio.

I can't say I'd have any faith in your analysis even if you were at the game and had access to slow mo replays from 20 angles.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Dec 2008 18:18

Bad game. Good result.

We did the job in the end today and that's all what needed doing. Was never going to be a pretty game due to the conditions. Ref was piss poor today. Fed was superb as was Ingi imo. For me it's got to be Matejovsky and Cisse in the middle of the park. Henry looked good when he came on and I think Coppell needs to keep giving him 15 minutes or so to blend him in with the side.

Really looking forward to Brum now in what should be a spectaculor encounter.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Dec 2008 18:23

Great for Long to get a goal, and he must now push on, and net another 7 or 8 by the end of the season. Great, but let's not pretend 2 goals in 21 games is something special.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Dec 2008 18:54

LOL @ Ian Royal yet again judging performances on the basis of radio. Pretty much explains his ridiculous ratings and why he loves Harper so much. The Mr Bean of HNA.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 13 Dec 2008 18:58

I was getting very frustrated in the first half. Everytime the ref blew his whistle it was in favour of Norwich. They weren't very good going forward, but then neither we weren't clinical enough, until shane long scored a cracker! Whoever said he's a rubbish player :wink: I'm quite concerned about Doyle and NHunt both having very quiet games once again, i hope they spark up next week against brum. I think we're missing Kebe when we go forward, his pace is incredible and i can't wait for him to come back on Boxing day. Doobs was good again today.

Fed 8- Didn't really have much to save, the goals he did save in the second half were strikes lighter than fairy dust.
Rosie 7- He seemed to get annoyed, as a lot of us did, with the ref's precision regarding throw ins. I didn't really notice him much.
Armstrong 6- He made some good runs, otherwise quiet.
Doobs 8- Tbh i thought he was the best player on the pitch. One almost every header and defended well throughout the match. Some of you will disagree.
Ingi 7- Good defending.
Cisse 7- Thought he did well. No one really stood out today apart from Doobs.
Harper 7- When will he learn? Stop giving the ball away! Saying that he did do very well and made some good runs.
Mate 6- Didn't really notice him :oops:
Shunt 8- Very good game, no doubt i had my heart in my mouth when the penalty was being taken!
Doyle 7- Quiet game yet again, i hope he shows us what he's capable of against Brum next week.
NHunt 7- VERY quiet all match. Wasn't surprised at all seeing him sub'bd...once again for SLong :lol:

SLong 8- Very good goal.
Henry 6- Didn't show much...or maybe it was because i couldn't see him as he was over the other side of the pitch
Gunnar 6- Did well when he came on.

All in all a fantastic result and a well earned 3 points.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:01

S09Royal I was getting very frustrated in the first half. Everytime the ref blew his whistle it was in favour of Norwich. They weren't very good going forward, but then neither we weren't clinical enough, until shane long scored a cracker! Whoever said he's a rubbish player :wink: I'm quite concerned about Doyle and NHunt both having very quiet games once again, i hope they spark up next week against brum. I think we're missing Kebe when we go forward, his pace is incredible and i can't wait for him to come back on Boxing day. Doobs was good again today.

Fed 8- Didn't really have much to save, the goals he did save in the second half were strikes lighter than fairy dust.
Rosie 7- He seemed to get annoyed, as a lot of us did, with the ref's precision regarding throw ins. I didn't really notice him much.
Armstrong 6- He made some good runs, otherwise quiet.
Doobs 8- Tbh i thought he was the best player on the pitch. One almost every header and defended well throughout the match. Some of you will disagree.
Ingi 7- Good defending.
Cisse 7- Thought he did well. No one really stood out today apart from Doobs.
Harper 7- When will he learn? Stop giving the ball away! Saying that he did do very well and made some good runs.
Mate 6- Didn't really notice him :oops:
Shunt 8- Very good game, no doubt i had my heart in my mouth when the penalty was being taken!
Doyle 7- Quiet game yet again, i hope he shows us what he's capable of against Brum next week.
NHunt 7- VERY quiet all match. Wasn't surprised at all seeing him sub'bd...once again for SLong :lol:

SLong 8- Very good goal.
Henry 6- Didn't show much...or maybe it was because i couldn't see him as he was over the other side of the pitch
Gunnar 6- Did well when he came on.

All in all a fantastic result and a well earned 3 points.

:shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Dec 2008 19:01

Sod it!!

Nipped out for a pee after the first goal and was just coming back from the concourse when I heard the roar for the second. :cry: Must get some jeans with a zip instead of buttons - particularly in cold weather! :evil:

Have to say that some of Marek's passing was absolutely superb today, particularly given the condition of the pitch. Clearly the morons who are moaning about him don't realise just how much skill it takes to pick those passes and then weight them perfectly along the ground right into the path of a team mate.

Yes, of course some go astray but do those idiots who started giving him stick (and there were some) when the odd pass went astray really want to stop him trying to open up things with his passing?! Fortunately he seems to have enough self-confidence not to let the moaners alter his natural style of play.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 13 Dec 2008 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 13 Dec 2008 19:04

RoyalBlue Sod it!!

Nipped out for a pee after the first goal and was just coming back from the concourse when I heard the roar for the second. :cry: Must get some jeans with a zip instead of buttons - particularly in cold weather! :evil:

Just pop it out the top

126 posts