Back from the game - Norwich

126 posts
S09Royal

Re: Back from the game - Norwich

by S09Royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:05

rg6royal
S09Royal I was getting very frustrated in the first half. Everytime the ref blew his whistle it was in favour of Norwich. They weren't very good going forward, but then neither we weren't clinical enough, until shane long scored a cracker! Whoever said he's a rubbish player :wink: I'm quite concerned about Doyle and NHunt both having very quiet games once again, i hope they spark up next week against brum. I think we're missing Kebe when we go forward, his pace is incredible and i can't wait for him to come back on Boxing day. Doobs was good again today.

Fed 8- Didn't really have much to save, the goals he did save in the second half were strikes lighter than fairy dust.
Rosie 7- He seemed to get annoyed, as a lot of us did, with the ref's precision regarding throw ins. I didn't really notice him much.
Armstrong 6- He made some good runs, otherwise quiet.
Doobs 8- Tbh i thought he was the best player on the pitch. One almost every header and defended well throughout the match. Some of you will disagree.
Ingi 7- Good defending.
Cisse 7- Thought he did well. No one really stood out today apart from Doobs.
Harper 7- When will he learn? Stop giving the ball away! Saying that he did do very well and made some good runs.
Mate 6- Didn't really notice him :oops:
Shunt 8- Very good game, no doubt i had my heart in my mouth when the penalty was being taken!
Doyle 7- Quiet game yet again, i hope he shows us what he's capable of against Brum next week.
NHunt 7- VERY quiet all match. Wasn't surprised at all seeing him sub'bd...once again for SLong :lol:

SLong 8- Very good goal.
Henry 6- Didn't show much...or maybe it was because i couldn't see him as he was over the other side of the pitch
Gunnar 6- Did well when he came on.

All in all a fantastic result and a well earned 3 points.

:shock:

I didn't see much of him when he came on, he was on the opposite side of the pitch to where i was sitting!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:07

S09Royal
rg6royal
S09Royal I was getting very frustrated in the first half. Everytime the ref blew his whistle it was in favour of Norwich. They weren't very good going forward, but then neither we weren't clinical enough, until shane long scored a cracker! Whoever said he's a rubbish player :wink: I'm quite concerned about Doyle and NHunt both having very quiet games once again, i hope they spark up next week against brum. I think we're missing Kebe when we go forward, his pace is incredible and i can't wait for him to come back on Boxing day. Doobs was good again today.

Fed 8- Didn't really have much to save, the goals he did save in the second half were strikes lighter than fairy dust.
Rosie 7- He seemed to get annoyed, as a lot of us did, with the ref's precision regarding throw ins. I didn't really notice him much.
Armstrong 6- He made some good runs, otherwise quiet.
Doobs 8- Tbh i thought he was the best player on the pitch. One almost every header and defended well throughout the match. Some of you will disagree.
Ingi 7- Good defending.

Cisse 7- Thought he did well. No one really stood out today apart from Doobs.
Harper 7- When will he learn? Stop giving the ball away! Saying that he did do very well and made some good runs.
Mate 6- Didn't really notice him :oops:
Shunt 8- Very good game, no doubt i had my heart in my mouth when the penalty was being taken!
Doyle 7- Quiet game yet again, i hope he shows us what he's capable of against Brum next week.
NHunt 7- VERY quiet all match. Wasn't surprised at all seeing him sub'bd...once again for SLong :lol:

SLong 8- Very good goal.
Henry 6- Didn't show much...or maybe it was because i couldn't see him as he was over the other side of the pitch
Gunnar 6- Did well when he came on.

All in all a fantastic result and a well earned 3 points.

I didn't see much of him when he came on, he was on the opposite side of the pitch to where i was sitting!

Same...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:09

Royalee LOL @ Ian Royal yet again judging performances on the basis of radio. Pretty much explains his ridiculous ratings and why he loves Harper so much. The Mr Bean of HNA.

So I'd be better off judging it on the brief moronic reviews posted on the internet from the likes of you? Do me a favour, thats a worse secondary source than the radio.

I'll judge the match on the information I have available, and generally let people know what I'm basing that judgement on. Nothing wrong with that. You don't have to take it as gospel or agree with it. Doesn'y make it invalid observations. just ones to be treated with caution.

A bit like the views of those who prove themselves week in week out to be incapable of forming an intelligent and educated opinion even after being at the match.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:12

S09Royal Armstrong 6- He made some good runs, otherwise quiet.

S09Royal Henry 6- Didn't show much...or maybe it was because i couldn't see him as he was over the other side of the pitch

He attacked on both sides of the pitch, won at least 3 corners, created the Shane Long goal all in 20mins.

Pool and Darts

by Pool and Darts » 13 Dec 2008 19:14

Thought I would just shove it here!

Preston have scored in injury time 1-0.

Get in!!

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 13 Dec 2008 19:14

PRESTON 1-0 BIRMINGHAM

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 13 Dec 2008 19:15

Ian Royal
Royalee LOL @ Ian Royal yet again judging performances on the basis of radio. Pretty much explains his ridiculous ratings and why he loves Harper so much. The Mr Bean of HNA.

So I'd be better off judging it on the brief moronic reviews posted on the internet from the likes of you? Do me a favour, thats a worse secondary source than the radio

You could, I dunno, go to the games? Just an idea.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:17

RobRoyal
Ian Royal

So I'd be better off judging it on the brief moronic reviews posted on the internet from the likes of you? Do me a favour, thats a worse secondary source than the radio

You could, I dunno, go to the games? Just an idea.

Well why didn't I think of that!

Some of us can't afford to spend £60 odd on football regularly and lose an entire day doing it in the process. I go to the games I have the time and money to manage. When I can't I listen to or watch the game if at all possible.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:22

Reminder that Reading are the featured game tomorrow on the Championship 11am.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 13 Dec 2008 19:25

Henry was brilliant when he came on.

won us 3 corners and set up Longs goal

he made a big impact.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:30

bishbosh92 Henry was brilliant when he came on.

he made a big impact.

Great player to bring on for 15/20 minutes at the end as he has so must energy and pace to burn. Also a very good footballer.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 13 Dec 2008 19:40

Not sure why Harper is still getting a bit of a slating after todays game, especially by some who are praising Cisse

Cisse hardly had a touch all game, didn't have any influence on what was going on and gave the ball away a lot more than Harper considering how little he was involved. Harper had a better game than of late, and was looking to move things forward a lot more than usual (despite both wingers not really doing much constructive out wide).

I still don't think Matejovsky is strong enough when defending our goal to play in a two man central midfield, but I thought he'd be better if given the chance out on the right. Henry looked the much better bet out there when he came on, but 15/20 minutes against a tireing Norwich is a different kettle of fish to starting against Birmingham (I wonder if the confidence of knowing the Norwich players played a part in Henry's pretty impressive cameo?)

Federici did most things well. His kicking is something else, and he didn't really spill anything either which is good in todays conditions. I thought he was glued to his line on a few occassions when he should've been dominating the six yard box, but he did ok overall

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 13 Dec 2008 19:44

rg6royal
bishbosh92 Henry was brilliant when he came on.

he made a big impact.

Great player to bring on for 15/20 minutes at the end as he has so must energy and pace to burn. Also a very good footballer.

Totally agreee he was brilliant when came on he made the difference

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Dec 2008 19:47

Brilliant is maybe a bit over-stating it re. Henry, but I did think he did well - very fast, which suprised me and not afraid to give it a go. Much improved from the Blackpool game - still not sure he's a serious threat to Kebe. But very good as an impact sub, like Long.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:47

Southbank Old Boy Not sure why Harper is still getting a bit of a slating after todays game, especially by some who are praising Cisse

Cisse hardly had a touch all game, didn't have any influence on what was going on and gave the ball away a lot more than Harper considering how little he was involved. Harper had a better game than of late, and was looking to move things forward a lot more than usual (despite both wingers not really doing much constructive out wide).

I still don't think Matejovsky is strong enough when defending our goal to play in a two man central midfield, but I thought he'd be better if given the chance out on the right. Henry looked the much better bet out there when he came on, but 15/20 minutes against a tireing Norwich is a different kettle of fish to starting against Birmingham (I wonder if the confidence of knowing the Norwich players played a part in Henry's pretty impressive cameo?)

Federici did most things well. His kicking is something else, and he didn't really spill anything either which is good in todays conditions. I thought he was glued to his line on a few occassions when he should've been dominating the six yard box, but he did ok overall

If we on't have to maurading wingers it gives Harps a licence to get forward much more. As demonstrated by his 6 goals last season when we managed at best 1 winger all season.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Dec 2008 19:52

Royalwaster Brilliant is maybe a bit over-stating it re. Henry, but I did think he did well - very fast, which suprised me and not afraid to give it a go. Much improved from the Blackpool game - still not sure he's a serious threat to Kebe. But very good as an impact sub, like Long.

I'd say he's more of an impact sub that Long. Long did well to get his goal today but he doesn't do it often enough.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 13 Dec 2008 20:13

After all the post-match comments that I have heard, is it safe to say the the referee, Mr. Kettle was 'off the boil'?

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 13 Dec 2008 20:21

glass half full After all the post-match comments that I have heard, is it safe to say the the referee, Mr. Kettle was 'off the boil'?

Mr Kettle was somewhat fishy.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Dec 2008 20:21

My man of the match has to be Dubbery. He cleared the ball of the line with a great header and was soild at the back again. Marek at CM changed the game. Harper was poor again and as someone said prior to my post, was more of a danger to our goal. Tbh our performance today wasn't the best. We need to improve up front as a striking unit.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 13 Dec 2008 20:22

He was pretty flat.

126 posts