Lita for Norwich

139 posts
PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Lita for Norwich

by PEARCEY » 21 Dec 2008 21:58

It tells me he was excellent in his first season pre injury...and good albeit hot and cold in his second season. Last season and this he has barely had a run of games in the side. When he has had a run of games, ie at Norwich is goalscoring has returned. If he can do it in a struggling Norwich side he can certainly do it in a confident team like ours.
Not sure where you get the bit about clinging on to him. He is still under contract.
As for the burning bridges bit like I say how do you know this for sure?

1871royals

by 1871royals » 21 Dec 2008 22:57

I find it a really peculiar criticism of Leroy that some posters dismiss his goal scoring exploits because he scored in bursts. Hardly any strikers score consistently, Doyle had a mare of a season last time out.

I would rather have Leroy scoring in bursts rather than Long who never scores. In those bursts Leroy proved he can score consistently, Long has never done that. The 7 goals Leroy has scored for Norwich is probably more than Long has scored in his entire RFC career.

Fair enough Long hasn’t started that many games, but there’s obviously a reason, the manager has never rated him highly enough to start. Longs now 21, when Leroy was 21 he had scored 30 goals for Bristol City and 15+ for us.

I would rather have Leroy over Long any day but unfortunately SC doesn’t agree. It would be sensible to sell Leroy in Jan, but I think it’s a shame we are losing our 3rd best striker.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 22 Dec 2008 01:22

Ian Royal
Doyle has done it consistently in 2 1/2 seasons.

I am unclear how Lita has been any less consistant that doyle in two and a half years. November 2007 through May 2008 Doyle played just about every game and scored what, 2 goals, or has that been conveniently forgotten? Lita was loaned out tto charlton (some people even suggested that would help doyle score as it would take the pressure off him but it made no difference, he didn't score till after Lita came back)

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Dec 2008 01:34

RoyalBlue
Woodcote Royal
John 3:16 Has no killer instinct like Leroy.

Does Leroy shoot rabbits in his spare time? If so, how would this killer instinct be of any interest to us?

Long might be flattered by his No3 striker tag but at least he's guilty of scoring the odd goal in a Reading shirt.

Lita's last "effort" for us involved blasting a pen over the bar and sculking off as if he couldn't give a sh*t (or, perhaps, pondering what he might buy with a large wad from a far east bookmaker)

Personally I hope he sues the *rse off you for that highly libellous suggestion.

And, of course, Lita has scored far more than the 'odd goal' in a Reading shirt but you just prefer to ignore that don't you!

:P I'd love to see someone try to sue me for anything I've written above.

Would you sign Trevor Senior tomorrow, he once scored lot of goals for this club?

How many goals to you think Lita has scored for us since his last purple patch nearly 2 years ago? I don't think you'll need more than one hand to count them. This from a player who offers absolutely nothing to the team when he's not hitting the back of the net.

Yes, Long has been poor but thank God it was him and not the next to useless Lita who replaced Hunt yesterday.

Lita out, new striker next month and Long's days are numbered, too, unless he starts to produce the goods sooner rather than later.

Bluey

by Bluey » 22 Dec 2008 06:23

Doyler.......54 goals from 145 app....
Lita..........31 goals from 91 app....

Thats in the blue & white hoops...

I'll let you do the maths................

GO HARD YOU ROYALS..........................

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Dec 2008 11:37

Lita & Doyle's League goals for RFC

Lita 19 from 76

Doyle 53 from 137, including 16 so far this season.

Meanwhile, Lita has managed one last season, none so far this term and a less than average 7 in 2006-7, which included what most would consider to be his purple patch including the brace at Man City.

In other words, in just over half of this season, Doyle has scored just 3 less league goals than Lita has in his entire Reading career.

Even in 2007-8, Doyle scored 6 times in the Premiership.

In other words, even forgetting Doyle's infinately superior over all contribution to the team, Lita's current scoring record for RFC is nothing short of pathetic and anyone who can't spot the difference here is in need of a brain transplant rather than a calculator.

For whatever reason, Lita clearly no longer wants to be here and we don't want him. End of.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 22 Dec 2008 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 22 Dec 2008 11:43

Why pick league only?

If I were to pick cup only then

leroy has 15 appearances and 12 goals
doyle has 7 appearances and 1 goal

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Dec 2008 11:47

Because that's what counts far more than anything else.

Just how desperate are Leroy's fan club :|

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Dec 2008 11:50

Pretty pointless debate as Coppell doesn't want Lita back and he is the manager.

Rightly or wrongly he would rather have Long as 3rd choice and Leroy will just kick off again if he's not even on the bench.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Dec 2008 11:52

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 04:59, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 22 Dec 2008 11:59

Given that Lita has contributed nothing to the team this year and, despite that, we have still knocked in 51 league goals; I cannot think of anything more futile than stopping Norwich taking his wages off our hands. Long's scoring record, or lack of one, is completely irrelevant to this statement. We may hang out for a nominal fee, but thats only because we can. Ill actually be disappointed if he doesnt go.

And here is a retrospective of his Reading career.

The Good.
A purple patch, albeit quite brief, of goal scoring in the premiership.
A good record of goal scoring in cup games, some of which were against decent teams

The Bad.
A number of non-purple patches.
A distinct lack of application to end his non-purple patches, apart from falling over a lot and being the first to pick the ball up for a penalty.
A rather unsavoury character off the pitch.

In short, honestly, he's not worth it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Dec 2008 12:15

weybridgewanderer Why pick league only?

You'd be including lower league opposition and some very big games where it is harder to not be motivated.

I have the full stats on my pc at home for Kitons, Long, Doyle, Lita and Hunt.

There is no question that Lita is better than Long, but he doesn't fit in here and doesn't want to come back. He has said himself he won't come back to sit on the bench. With Hunt having scored more than him and DOyle on fire that is exactly what he'd have to do.

Do I prefer Long to Lita? Hell no, but just because Lita is better than Long doesn't mean we shouldn't offload him. We need someone with a similar talent to Lita, who will actually bring something to the team and want to be here.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 22 Dec 2008 18:24

PEARCEY
mg1976royal I find it so funny the amount of people saying keep Lita. HE IS OUT OF CONTRACT NEXT SUMMER!!!!!!

Even if RFC offered him a new contract do you think he would actually sign?

He will either be sold in January or go on a free next year.

Yes we all know he is out of contract in the summer. So? He might just prove vital over the second half of the season if Doyle or N Hunt gets injured. If he then leaves on a free in the summer then so be it. The benefit of vital goals and Premiership riches for the club would far outweigh selling him for a small fee in January

You really make me chuckle.

He has hardly been a prolific goal scorer at Reading. He is a player that needs to be worshipped by all around him and play week in week out. He is not going to get either at RFC. We need to offload him now whilst we can get some money for him and reduce the amount of cash under Mr Madejski's bed and buy a decent striker.

You have gone onto argue on this thread about keeping Lita over Long, IMO they are both pretty oxf*ord and both needed to be sold even if long is for charity.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Dec 2008 20:10

Against mainly reserve teams and lower league opposition.

But if it suits your argument ...................................

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Dec 2008 20:56

mg1976royal
PEARCEY
mg1976royal I find it so funny the amount of people saying keep Lita. HE IS OUT OF CONTRACT NEXT SUMMER!!!!!!

Even if RFC offered him a new contract do you think he would actually sign?

He will either be sold in January or go on a free next year.

Yes we all know he is out of contract in the summer. So? He might just prove vital over the second half of the season if Doyle or N Hunt gets injured. If he then leaves on a free in the summer then so be it. The benefit of vital goals and Premiership riches for the club would far outweigh selling him for a small fee in January

You really make me chuckle.

He has hardly been a prolific goal scorer at Reading. He is a player that needs to be worshipped by all around him and play week in week out. He is not going to get either at RFC. We need to offload him now whilst we can get some money for him and reduce the amount of cash under Mr Madejski's bed and buy a decent striker.

You have gone onto argue on this thread about keeping Lita over Long, IMO they are both pretty oxf*ord and both needed to be sold even if long is for charity.

What makes me chuckle is people who cannot read. Just refresh my memory and point out precisely where I said and using your words "You have gone onto argue on this thread about keeping Lita over Long". If you are going to try and paraphrase what I said at least try and be remotely accurate.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 22 Dec 2008 21:14

PEARCEY What makes me chuckle is people who cannot read. Just refresh my memory and point out precisely where I said and using your words "You have gone onto argue on this thread about keeping Lita over Long". If you are going to try and paraphrase what I said at least try and be remotely accurate.

I humbly stand corrected on that point. Should have started OTHER PEOPLE.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Dec 2008 21:21

mg1976royal
PEARCEY What makes me chuckle is people who cannot read. Just refresh my memory and point out precisely where I said and using your words "You have gone onto argue on this thread about keeping Lita over Long". If you are going to try and paraphrase what I said at least try and be remotely accurate.

I humbly stand corrected on that point. Should have started OTHER PEOPLE.

Let you off then. :wink:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Dec 2008 00:52

Franchise FC

Which league goals certainly don't.

Forget the strikers, most of the midfield and at least half of the back have scored more goals in the league for us than Lita has since that purple patch of 7 goals (yes, that's as good as it's got since he broke his leg at Burnley) almost 2 years ago.

If one of our strikers got injured we'd be better off with Shunt or Harper up front than Leroy, or even Bikey for that matter.

Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 23 Dec 2008 07:57

Sell Lita, buy a striker capable of battling for the 2nd striker role with N Hunt, and playable alongside both N Hunt and Doyle. Then Long is back to being 4th choice, correctly. Simple, and suits me. We really need to consider the impact of Doyle being injured for any time between January and May.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Dec 2008 08:10

Woodcote Royal
Franchise FC

Which league goals certainly don't.

Forget the strikers, most of the midfield and at least half of the back have scored more goals in the league for us than Lita has since that purple patch of 7 goals (yes, that's as good as it's got since he broke his leg at Burnley) almost 2 years ago.

With your very selective and distorted use of statistics to back an extremely weak argument, I trust you work for HM Government!

139 posts