Deja vu

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Deja vu

by floyd__streete » 26 Dec 2008 21:24

.....was what today reminded me of. Good game between two decent sides, ebb and flo but with defences on top in all honesty. In 04/05 the Ipswich home match - 20,000+ crowd with a full, raucous away end - saw them at the top of the league and us in the top 4 or 5, Ipswich scoring a scruffy goal right at the end of 90 minutes like Cardiff did today (Cardiff's was offside though? :x :?: ) with their supporters celebrating delriously by spilling onto the pitch.

I got up and left in a sulk at that particular game :lol: and by the time I had reached the bottom of the Y25/26 stairs Ivar Ingimarsson smashed in a leveller; I didn't have time to celebrate properly as by the time I began to react, Compo's Hat (who had left the top of Y25/26 barely 20 seconds after I) landed on me having apparently leaped the last 4 or 5 steps, launching himself onto my back in celebration. The ensuing bundle at the bottom of Y25/26 was memorable as some stick was dished out to the Ipswich fans who were larging it not sixty seconds earlier :lol: .

Today was even more memorable! Scruffy goal at the end for Cardiff - offsiiiiiide???!!! :x - and I left on about 92 minutes feeling rather philosophical this time; even in successful seasons last minute sickeners do happen. I walked along the concourse, saw an Armstrong cross from the left on the small telly drift out of play, headed out of the stadium and walked towards the north-east corner. As I reached Gate 8, I heard a roar go up for another corner so I nipped in and through a crowd of heads I watched from a fair distance on another small screen as the corner came across, met by a Reading player and.....GOAL was the shout for dozens of others like me who didn't have the faith to stay in their seats until the end. Not a split second later the rebound is in the roof of the net and I am running. I am running like David Pleat celebrating on the pitch at Maine Road in 1983*, towards Y19 I think, with dozens of others who are intent in joininh in the party. Chaos, absolute bottleneck. People running back in to celebrate collide with dozens who were heading to the exits themselves, I have grazes on my arms from crashing into people, proper radio rental moment :lol: . Folk are leaping and bumping into each other and when it is announced that it is bloody Federici who has scored it another mini frenzy of celebration! Amusing, memorable scenes.

Good point for us in the end against a very capable side who are a handful. Poorly refereed in my opinion and the two Reading substitues Long and Kebe performed very poorly I felt. But I still have generally very positive thoughts of a decent game with an incredible ending. Fair play to Reading for never giving up.

* = http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XyAUkaC6nsI
Last edited by floyd__streete on 26 Dec 2008 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Royalshow

Re: Deja vu

by Royalshow » 26 Dec 2008 21:35

floyd__streete .....was what today reminded me of. Good game between two decent sides, ebb and flo but with defences on top in all honesty. In 04/05 the Ipswich home match - 20,000+ crowd with a full, raucous away end - saw them at the top of the league and us in the top 4 or 5, Ipswich scoring a scruffy goal right at the end of 90 minutes like Cardiff did today (Cardiff's was offside though? :x :?: ) with their supporters celebrating delriously by spilling onto the pitch.

I got up and left in a sulk at that particular game :lol: and by the time I had reached the bottom of the Y25/26 stairs Ivar Ingimarsson smashed in a leveller; I didn't have time to celebrate properly as by the time I began to react, Compo's Hat (who had left the top of Y25/26 barely 20 seconds after I) landed on me having apparently leaped the last 4 or 5 steps, launching himself onto my back in celebration. The ensuing bubdle at the bottom of Y25/26 was memorable as some stick was dished out to the Ipswich fans who were larging it not sixty seconds earlier :lol: .

Today was even more memorable! Scruffy goal at the end for Cardiff - offsiiiiiide???!!! :x - and I left on about 92 minutes feeling rather philosophical this time; even in successful seasons last minute sickeners do happen. I walked along the concourse, saw an Armstrong cross from the left on the small telly drift out of play, headed out of the stadium and walked towards the north-east corner. As I reached Gate 8, I heard a roar go up for another corner so I nipped in and through a crowd of heads I watched from a fair distance on another small screen as the corner came across, met by a Reading player and.....GOAL was the shout for dozens of others like me who didn't have the faith to stay in their seats until the end. Not a split second later the rebound is in the roof of the net and I am running. I am running liek David Pleat celebrating on the pitch at Maine Road in 1983*, towards Y19 I think, with dozens of others who are intent in joininh in the party. Chaos, absolute bottleneck. People running back in to celebrate collide with dozens who were heading to the exits themselves, I have grazes on my arms from crashing into people, proper radio rental moment :lol: . Folk are leaping and bumping into each other and when it is announced that it is bloody Federici who has scored it another mini frenzy of celebration! Amusing, memorable scenes.

Good point for us in the end against a very capable side who are a handful. Poorly refereed in my opinion and the two Reading substitues Long and Kebe performed very poorly I felt. But I still have generally very positive thoughts of a decent game with an incredible ending. Fair play to Reading for never giving up.

Hope you have learnt your lesson.DON"T LEAVE EARLY.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Dec 2008 21:36

floyd__streete .....was what today reminded me of. Good game between two decent sides, ebb and flo but with defences on top in all honesty. In 04/05 the Ipswich home match - 20,000+ crowd with a full, raucous away end - saw them at the top of the league and us in the top 4 or 5, Ipswich scoring a scruffy goal right at the end of 90 minutes like Cardiff did today (Cardiff's was offside though? :x :?: ) with their supporters celebrating delriously by spilling onto the pitch.

I got up and left in a sulk at that particular game :lol: and by the time I had reached the bottom of the Y25/26 stairs Ivar Ingimarsson smashed in a leveller; I didn't have time to celebrate properly as by the time I began to react, Compo's Hat (who had left the top of Y25/26 barely 20 seconds after I) landed on me having apparently leaped the last 4 or 5 steps, launching himself onto my back in celebration. The ensuing bubdle at the bottom of Y25/26 was memorable as some stick was dished out to the Ipswich fans who were larging it not sixty seconds earlier :lol: .

Today was even more memorable! Scruffy goal at the end for Cardiff - offsiiiiiide???!!! :x - and I left on about 92 minutes feeling rather philosophical this time; even in successful seasons last minute sickeners do happen. I walked along the concourse, saw an Armstrong cross from the left on the small telly drift out of play, headed out of the stadium and walked towards the north-east corner. As I reached Gate 8, I heard a roar go up for another corner so I nipped in and through a crowd of heads I watched from a fair distance on another small screen as the corner came across, met by a Reading player and.....GOAL was the shout for dozens of others like me who didn't have the faith to stay in their seats until the end. Not a split second later the rebound is in the roof of the net and I am running. I am running like David Pleat celebrating on the pitch at Maine Road in 1983*, towards Y19 I think, with dozens of others who are intent in joininh in the party. Chaos, absolute bottleneck. People running back in to celebrate collide with dozens who were heading to the exits themselves, I have grazes on my arms from crashing into people, proper radio rental moment :lol: . Folk are leaping and bumping into each other and when it is announced that it is bloody Federici who has scored it another mini frenzy of celebration! Amusing, memorable scenes.

Can't agree with that tbh.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 26 Dec 2008 21:37

rg6, you fookin love him. He did shockingly shoite tbh. Touch = woeful.

Thames

by Thames » 26 Dec 2008 21:37

Kebe was better than Henry. Henry played as poorly as I've ever seen a Reading player.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Dec 2008 21:38

Thames Kebe was better than Henry. Henry played as poorly as I've ever seen a Reading player.

You never saw Derrick Christie then.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 26 Dec 2008 21:41

kebe made a definite difference when he came on. Was surprised Henry came out 4 the 2nd half.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 26 Dec 2008 21:43

Thames Kebe was better than Henry. Henry played as poorly as I've ever seen a Reading player.

That's a bit harsh tbf, he did alright. Like others have said tho, Kebe completly changed the game when he came on. Henry was probably fully aware that Kebe was back in contention and wasn't at his best. Players can't be great all of the time. As for their goal being supposedly offside, both linesman were very poor today, it was almost like they had wool over their eyes, esspecially that high boot on a reading player going unpunished.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Dec 2008 21:43

rfcjoe rg6, you fookin love him. He did shockingly shoite tbh. Touch = woeful.

Not really. We looked alot better going forward when he came on.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 26 Dec 2008 21:47

:lol: at leaving early AGAIN.

As far as Kebe is concerned 50/50 at best. 50% sheer brilliance 50% shite.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Dec 2008 22:03

bloody hell it was kebe's first game back after 3 give him a chance wait till saints he ll be back like cooked crack

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Dec 2008 22:04

Deja Vu ???

You've seen a Reading goalkeeper score a last minute equaliser before ?

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 26 Dec 2008 23:14

Franchise FC Deja Vu ???

You've seen a Reading goalkeeper score a last minute equaliser before ?

... Have you even read his first post?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 26 Dec 2008 23:35

floyd__streete Good game between two decent sides, ebb and flo but with defences on top in all honesty.

Crumbs Floyd, I think calling it a good game is being extremely generous. It was abysmal for 80 mins.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 26 Dec 2008 23:37

Yeah, that Ipswich game entered my mind earlier. :lol: I think I might have also leaped on your back that day Floyd

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 26 Dec 2008 23:58

The Ipswich game also entered my mind, although I think today just edged it. Fantastic celebrations as the goal went in today, I was dancing down the row as all the people near me had left. :lol:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 27 Dec 2008 10:23

readingfc13 The Ipswich game also entered my mind, although I think today just edged it. Fantastic celebrations as the goal went in today, I was dancing down the row as all the people near me had left. :lol:

'greed. I had about 4 empty rows all to myself to flail about it. Marvellous stuff.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 27 Dec 2008 10:37

I got up and left in a sulk at that particular game :lol: and by the time I had reached the bottom of the Y25/26 stairs Ivar Ingimarsson smashed in a leveller; I didn't have time to celebrate properly as by the time I began to react, Compo's Hat (who had left the top of Y25/26 barely 20 seconds after I) landed on me having apparently leaped the last 4 or 5 steps, launching himself onto my back in celebration. The ensuing bundle at the bottom of Y25/26 was memorable as some stick was dished out to the Ipswich fans who were larging it not sixty seconds earlier :lol: .

Quality. An epic read.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 27 Dec 2008 11:13

Good post.

Surprised more hasn't been made of their goal possibly being offside. I certainly thought at the time Chopra was offside (possibly twice during the move in total)

Seen the goal on SSN but it is not very definitive.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 27 Dec 2008 12:09

Chuckle Brother Surprised more hasn't been made of their goal possibly being offside. I certainly thought at the time Chopra was offside (possibly twice during the move in total)

Seen the goal on SSN but it is not very definitive.

would you say it is slightly certain that it was offside?