Not just us

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Not just us

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2009 11:08

Everyone worrying about who we might lose in the transfer window needs to remember that it's not just us who has players who could be PL targets :

Newcastle could launch a £4m raid for highly rated Wolves winger Michael Kightly (The Sun)

As well as the Magpies, Kightly is also being tracked by Everton and Middlesbrough. (Daily Mirror)

Everton are also watching Wolves striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. (Daily Mail)

Wolves could lose on-loan Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne to Everton but want Leyton Orient's £500,000-rated centre-back Tamika Mkandawire as a replacement. (The Sun)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Not just us

by Stranded » 02 Jan 2009 11:10

Now come on Dirk you know well enough that only our players are of any interest to PL clubs and anyway even if others do lose they'll go straight out and spend millions on replacements whilst we'll spend nothing as JM pockets the dough...

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 02 Jan 2009 12:57

some really accurate sources there :roll:

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 02 Jan 2009 13:32

Mr Loyal Royal some really accurate sources there :roll:

Go to URG if you want the real factssssssssss.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 02 Jan 2009 14:54

Mancienne just been recalled from his loan by Chelsea - Wolves are already one down...

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 02 Jan 2009 14:59

Ebanks Blake and Kightly are arguably their best players, if they lost them, that would significantly damage them, and i seriously doubt they'd be top for long without them.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2009 15:00

And that's the point the thread was meant to make - all of the teams facing promotion face similar threats during the transfer window, not just us.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Jan 2009 15:07

Dirk Gently And that's the point the thread was meant to make - all of the teams facing promotion face similar threats during the transfer window, not just us.

But will Schards take note of your point?

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 15:24

The rumour round here is that Kightly has been playing on an injured hip for at least 2 months, and it's getting worse. He probably wouldn't pass a medical, and as far as i can remember hasn't played more than two-thirds of a season without physically breaking down since he went to Wolves. For the kind of money it would take to get him (+5 million) that's a big risk.

Anyhoo, Kightly and Ebanks-Blake just get the headlines, Jarvis and Foley are their real key players.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jan 2009 15:41

Wolves Royal The rumour round here is that Kightly has been playing on an injured hip for at least 2 months, and it's getting worse. He probably wouldn't pass a medical, and as far as i can remember hasn't played more than two-thirds of a season without physically breaking down since he went to Wolves. For the kind of money it would take to get him (+5 million) that's a big risk.

Anyhoo, Kightly and Ebanks-Blake just get the headlines, Jarvis and Foley are their real key players.

And which PL teams won't know that ? The scouts are not incompetent. If they'd seen better players that are not the headline grabbers, they'd be feeding that on. The fact that the journos are so lazy that they don't find out such info is no reason to suspect that the said players are safe from transfer.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 02 Jan 2009 15:43

A few loan players being recalled too. Not that we have any of them loaned to us, it's us doing the recalling, which is probably a better position to be in.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jan 2009 15:45

Sarah Star A few loan players being recalled too. Not that we have any of them loaned to us, it's us doing the recalling, which is probably a better position to be in.

Is that just a 'time of the year' thing ? Players recalled so that other deals might be arranged.

You're right, though - it does suggest we're in a better place than those losing the recalled loanees.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Jan 2009 15:49

UpNorth Mancienne just been recalled from his loan by Chelsea - Wolves are already one down...

I don't see what the fuss is with Mancienne. Tidy, but nothing special.

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:02

And which PL teams won't know that ? The scouts are not incompetent. If they'd seen better players that are not the headline grabbers, they'd be feeding that on. The fact that the journos are so lazy that they don't find out such info is no reason to suspect that the said players are safe from transfer.

Totally agree.

It's like 05-06 when we were Sidwell and 10 other players according to the journos. They may well be transfer targets, i don't care if they are, i'm just saying their season probably won't implode if they lose Kightly and/or Ebanks-blake, but it might if they lose Jarvis and to a greater extent Foley.

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:03

Hoop Blah
UpNorth Mancienne just been recalled from his loan by Chelsea - Wolves are already one down...

Wolves fans may tell you otherwise.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 02 Jan 2009 16:06

Mr Loyal Royal
Hoop Blah

QPR fans would certainly rate him too.....

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 02 Jan 2009 16:06

Wolves Royal

Totally agree.

It's like 05-06 when we were Sidwell and 10 other players according to the journos. They may well be transfer targets, i don't care if they are, i'm just saying their season probably won't implode if they lose Kightly and/or Ebanks-blake, but it might if they lose Jarvis and to a greater extent Foley.

Perhaps we should sign Foley then. Would be useful back-up for Rosenior.

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:09

Mr Loyal Royal
Hoop Blah

Their too busy talking about the 1950's, Steve Bull, and the Sherpa Van Trophy, Trust me. :roll:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Jan 2009 16:13

Wolves Royal Their too busy talking about the 1950's, Steve Bull, and the Sherpa Van Trophy, Trust me. :roll:

I would trust you more if you knew the difference between "Their" and "They're".

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:16

SpaceCruiser
Wolves Royal Their too busy talking about the 1950's, Steve Bull, and the Sherpa Van Trophy, Trust me. :roll:

I would trust you more if you knew the difference between "Their" and "They're".

Redskins Fan. :roll:

They're good

Missed the playoffs again.