Hob Nob Regular

Re: It's Inevitable...

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 Jan 2009 19:46

Kinglsey Royal....sums up how stupid this thread is

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 Jan 2009 21:19

Why don't we see if Joe Smith is available?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Jan 2009 21:32

Brendan Rodgers after Watford have helped blood him into a full management role.

Very good coach, very good man manager, with lots of very good contacts and mentors, inheriting a very good setup with good players.

SCIAG
Sun Tzu I'm surprised that Murty gets mentioned. A great guy with zero managerial experience who (AFAIK) has never expressed a desire to go into management.
I'd rather people learned their trade elsewhere (OK, I know Pards was knew to the business but he'd coached a fair bit....) and came to us once they knew what they were doing.

We could throw in Jimmy, Mick and Adie, although look what good they did...

They did a pretty good job, given the constraints they were operating under at the time.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Jan 2009 21:44

RoyalBlue Brendan Rodgers after Watford have helped blood him into a full management role.

Very good coach, very good man manager, with lots of very good contacts and mentors, inheriting a very good setup with good players.

Sadly plenty of very good coaches have proved unable to make the jump to being a 'number 1'. He's certainly picked a tough job to start with - not sure the 'very good set up and very good players' quite describes Watford these days !!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Jan 2009 23:20

Gunny Fishcake Kinglsey Royal....sums up how stupid this thread is

'Greed! +1's all round.

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 14 Jan 2009 23:56

Can only see Alan Curbishley as the natural replacement after Coppell, but that won't happen for awhile yet, especially if we get promoted at the end of this season. Similar person to Coppell (although this is comparing his managerment at Charlton before he left) and can just fit in straight away. Whoever suggests Gareth Southgate deserves to be shot! Don't know how he's still managing Middlesboro' and keeping them up!!

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 15 Jan 2009 00:12

I too can see him leaving at the end of the season. There's one manager who has already had success at this club, and kept a promoted side in the Premiership for more than two seasons and who has previously worked well with John Madejski. Would anybody else here be willing to forgive Alan Pardew? He'd do a good job for us.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 15 Jan 2009 00:18

oxford off warnock! thats like blasphamy :shock:

no matter how badly we were to do under his managemant id welcome any ex royal hero with open arms...be it sanchez, dillon, parky or whoever

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 15 Jan 2009 01:20

Wow! I just hope the fans never get to vote in a poll for our next manager. Martinez is probably the only half decent shout here.

If we do get left in the prem we need a well connected name to attract quality players (putting aside the issue of whether we'd actually out hands in pockets to pay for them). Not sure I have the answer, but someone like Di Matteo, but with a touch more proven quality might be an option?

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 15 Jan 2009 05:50

Peter Taylor

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 15 Jan 2009 12:58

Unfortunately Coppell's irreplaceable. Next best would be Kevin Dillon. Hopefully he is being prepared for the transition, whenever it has to come.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 15 Jan 2009 13:14

In your post include what division we're in and reasons. Cheers. [/quote]

Reading the replies isn't great to be reminded once again how great Hob Nobbers can read so well.

So before some smart-arse says something along the lines of "So who's your replacement manager, division, and reasons?" I say I can not answer this question until the situation actually arises.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 15 Jan 2009 13:16

Sir Rodney Effing
Reading the replies isn't great to be reminded once again how great Hob Nobbers can read so well.

I think we can read quite well - but why 'guess' at a division when it makes no difference to the answer to the rest of the question ?

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 15 Jan 2009 13:18

Sun Tzu
Sir Rodney Effing

I think we can read quite well - but why 'guess' at a division when it makes no difference to the answer to the rest of the question ?

My sentiments exactly mate if you read my whole post (yes I did read yours)

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 15 Jan 2009 13:21

You could learn to spell, first.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 15 Jan 2009 13:35

There’s a couple of good shouts for future managers here. There looks to be potential in D Ferguson, Martinez, Di Matteo, Adkins and Rodgers. The reality is that if Coppell goes, it will be at the end of this season. A big if, I know, but if we gain promotion, then I’m not sure any of those five, would have gained the necessary experience to manage in the Premier League. That’s a big step. One that many more experienced managers have failed to make.

If we did go up, you suspect JM would opt for someone with more experience. Personally think he’ll go for Hoddle. Soccer school aside, he’s local and a decent coach. Curbishley should be an option too. Should we remain in the Championship, then I’d be happy to try one of those mentioned above.

Under no circumstances, should Parky or Sanchez be even considered. Dillon too. If we’re looking to promote from within, then I’d much rather Dolan. If his managerial style matches his tribute to Stewart McEwan, then we could be onto a winner.

M0J0

by M0J0 » 15 Jan 2009 15:51

I am a little surprised that nobody has noticed that the next Reading manager is going to be
Martin O'Neil

he has been trying to get the job for some time now..in fact as he has been unable to get the job
yet he has decided to buy as many Reading players as he can in order to achieve his ambition.

and he won't mind if we are Prem OR fizzy pop.

:)

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 15 Jan 2009 18:55

SteveRoyal

You could learn to spell, first.

Hands up and a 100 lines I must check my spilling before posting :wink:

I just think it's like discussing a beloved pet dog before he's gone !

In a way Sir Steve is like a pet dog , you love him to death but know he's not going to last forever , so let's enjoy him while he's here , hope he's here for a good while yet and discuss his replacement when he announces his plans for the future whatever they may be .

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 15 Jan 2009 19:06

Whore Jackie The reality is that if Coppell goes, it will be at the end of this season.

Erm... unless it's some time after that.

Or before.