Back from Swansea game

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from Swansea game

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2009 22:03

Rosie needs to play like a captain before he can be one.

The past two games suggest that his confidence is currently shattered....not sure why

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 17 Jan 2009 22:05

Well, that was rubbish.

Doobs was good, Fedders did nothing wrong, Doyle battled and Marek was bright when he came on. That was the sum total of the positives. Going to 4-5-1 with Matejovsky in there was a good move, but should have been made at half time at the latest. Shame we weren't more pro-active in responding to the considerable Swansea threat.

Officially bored of the Reading fans chanting for Lita to come on- he's done next to nothing for the club for some considerable time, and true to form, was utter toilet when he came on.

Roll on Wolves.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 17 Jan 2009 22:09

Armstrong werent at his best today i agree but i do feel for him Nathan Dyer is bloody quick so he was always going to struggle tbh!!

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 17 Jan 2009 22:18

Poor Poor peformance, but fair play to Swansea, played well.

Federici - 7 - Conceded two but made a few good saves.

Rosenior - 5 - Didn't play that bad, but was pretty invisible, and got sent off, for two stupid mistakes.
Doobs - 6 - I thought he did alright, good in the air, but whenever the balls at his feet, its embarrassing
Ivar - 6 - Not involved that much, didnt do much wrong, didnt do much right.
Armstrong - 7 - I didn't think he was as bad as people said, he got done once or twice but made a few brilliant tackles.

Kebe - 5 - Worst hes played this year. But once or twice he managed to burst up the pitch but with no end product.
Cisse - 6 - Thought he did fine, made some good tackles, but not involved too much.
Harper - 4 - Just didn't do anything right, gave the ball away, didn't tackle, was shocked that it wasn't him brought off for marek
S.Hunt - 5 - Pretty poor today apart from one good tackle.

Doyle - 6 - Not his best, but as always put in the effort.
N. Hunt - 5 - Didn't do much today, but then again wasn't much chances created for him.

Subs
Marek - 6 - Did fine, but no need to bring him on when we needed a goal.
Lita - 6 - I've never wanted him to come on so much before, just felt he could of helped, but it was the 80th minute when he did finally come on. Should of come on for Hunt in the 60th minute.
Bryn - 5 - Nothing.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Jan 2009 22:23

Another joke of a performance, it was like being back in the prem and never having a chance all game. Mystified why we left it so long to close down their midfield, we gave them far too much time and space to just pass it around us. When we got the ball it was just hoofed hopefully down the channels. We looked disinterested and were barely trying for most of the game, just backing off and picking up loose balls which then got hoofed into touch or mispassed back to Swansea. Utter gash.

And I am officially bored of Lita and SHunt, they are both shit and the sooner they go the better.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2009 22:27

PieEater Another joke of a performance, it was like being back in the prem and never having a chance all game. Mystified why we left it so long to close down their midfield, we gave them far too much time and space to just pass it around us. When we got the ball it was just hoofed hopefully down the channels. We looked disinterested and were barely trying for most of the game, just backing off and picking up loose balls which then got hoofed into touch or mispassed back to Swansea. Utter gash.

And I am officially bored of Lita and SHunt, they are both shit and the sooner they go the better.
Pie Eater, you are one of the more trustworthy posters.....care to give us some player ratings?

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 17 Jan 2009 22:42

A performance today that was very familiar from last season in the prem. Watching 3 versus 2 in central midfield, waiting for the opposition to completely run the game before deciding to match up 451. I think today we saw the limits of Coppells tactics, his 442 was clinically taken apart and it may be good enough for the championship but without the right personnel playing in central midfield it looks second rate.

Player ratings Federici 7 some good saves possibly at fault for the second? Rosenior 4 hope he gets a large club fine for his stupid dissent for the first yellow and absolutely brainless second for a blatant shirt tug. Armstrong 5 struggled all day against Dyer but stuck at his task and although skinned a few times no real chances came of it. Duberry 7 one of our better players gave a reasonable performance. Ivar 6 a reasonable centre half job possibly at fault for the second. S Hunt 4 sh*te at freekicks, corners and general passing only redeemed by some of his defensive work, should stop believing he is a premier league player and get on with his normal game. Kebe 5 ultimate in frustration utterly lightweight and Bambi on ice some times at others he carved through 3 or 4 players and threatened, without him today I doubt we would of crossed the half way line. Harper 3 is not enjoying his football flapped a bit but once Swansea realised he was never going to tackle we effectively had one player in midfield. Cisse 5 like Kebe can do some things well but can equally f*ck up others. Doyle 7 ran himself into the ground but living on scraps. N Hunt 2 lacks pace for the Championship and if we don't get on top of the opposition is a decoration, lasts around 60 minutes before his inability to find space outside the box and his lack of pace require replacement. Subs Matejovsky 5 like Kebe and Cisse can do some things but f*cks up others definitely benefited from coming off the bench into a midfield 3. Lita 3 same old same old if there is a blind alley he can find it and about as likely to pass as Gordon Brown is to fix the economy. Gunnarsson 5 got a little bit of practice for right back in the Wolves game.

And to cap the day off a really sh*te journey home - bring on Wolves.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 17 Jan 2009 22:43

One of the teams on the park today looked like promotion contenders, and it certainly wasn't Reading.

We were so comprehensively out-played, out-thought and out-fought that it was embarrassing to watch. In the first half we needed binoculars to see the game, as it was nearly all played at the far end. Most of our players had poor games.

Emerging from it with some credit were:
Federici - a couple of excellent saves in the first half
Armstrong - had to cope with Nathan Dyer, and generally did well. (Dyer swapped sides part way through the second half, and Rosenior had much more difficulty dealing with him).
Doyle - tried non-stop.

A couple of bright moments but largely anonymous were:
NHunt, SHunt, Cisse, Ingimarsson, Duberry, Harper

A waste of good oxygen were:
Kebe, Rosenior.

Kebe was having one of those days where he clearly didn't have a clue what to do next.

Rosenior - FFS JUST GROW UP. You don't help the team by behaving like a complete pillock.

Finally, a special mention for our manager. We were faced today by a team that was well-prepared, and managed by a tactically-astute young manager. You - Steve - were unable to respond by changing our formation or tactics until after an hour, by which time we were a goal down. You need to react much more quickly. If something isn't working, change it! Your part in this inglorious debacle will be remembered.

On the form of today's match, we aren't fit for the playoffs.

AbingdonRoyal

by AbingdonRoyal » 17 Jan 2009 22:49

The team didnt perform but our fans were worse. We need to try and motivate the team when they are playing like that. Its all well and good singing when we score and when we are winning but the team need it more when they need encouragement. Was really disappointed with our support today.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 17 Jan 2009 22:52

MMMMMMMMM........... Hoofball again. The Coppell antidote to football.

If the opposition keep the ball and pass it around us, we're dead in the water. Can anyone remember last season? About this stage when we started to struggle. Hoof, Launch, Fight balls, "get rid of it", chuck it in the channels and hope for the best. What on Earth happened to the football we were playing at the start of the season? I'm very worried that we will lose a couple of players, Steve will "stick with what he's got" and we will fall as we did last year. At the moment we look like an average side with the divisons best strikers. I think Swansea, Southampton, Watford and Doncaster would be challenging if they had our cutting edge.

Please, please, please Steve can we start playing football again? I used to enjoy that.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Jan 2009 23:02

AbingdonRoyal The team didnt perform but our fans were worse. We need to try and motivate the team when they are playing like that. Its all well and good singing when we score and when we are winning but the team need it more when they need encouragement. Was really disappointed with our support today.

WHAT F*CKING DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF YOU START SINGING BLUE ARMY AND CLAP YOUR HANDS 'TIL THEY ARE RED RAW IF THE PLAYERS ARE BEING SO COMPREHENSIVELY PLAYED OFF THE PARK?
:roll:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Jan 2009 23:04

floyd__streete
AbingdonRoyal The team didnt perform but our fans were worse. We need to try and motivate the team when they are playing like that. Its all well and good singing when we score and when we are winning but the team need it more when they need encouragement. Was really disappointed with our support today.

WHAT F*CKING DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF YOU START SINGING BLUE ARMY AND CLAP YOUR HANDS 'TIL THEY ARE RED RAW IF THE PLAYERS ARE BEING SO COMPREHENSIVELY PLAYED OFF THE PARK?

Didn't you hear the sound of discontent and mutterings. I thought at one point the game wasw going to end with all our support outside. Very hard to sing when watching that happne on the pitch!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2009 23:06

floyd__streete

sad but true

too many on here worry about songs and atmosphere

AbingdonRoyal

by AbingdonRoyal » 17 Jan 2009 23:09

floyd__streete

Because it does believe it or not. Playing with support behind you gets you more up for it. Have you played football? Ask anyone who has played to a reasonable standard, support helps. We need to start being more proactive rather than being so reactive in our support

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2009 23:13

never noticed any difference when I played :?:

working class hero

by working class hero » 17 Jan 2009 23:16

Fed 7

Rosenior 4
Ivar 6
Doobs 5
Armstrong 7

Kebe 4
Shunt 4
Harps 3
Cisse 4

Nhunt 6
Doyle 6

Subs -
Marek 5
Lita 4
Boris 5

All told we could have been stuffed by 4 or 5. No point in being promoted if we are to keep this side [and we won't spend enough to change it].

As for atmosphere I was sat to the left of you in the corner with the Swansea lads - couldn't hear you at all......
The Swans fans were gobsmacked at how crap we were - especially after the Madstad game.

I took great delight in pointing out we had still beaten them 4-2 on aggregate - they didn't appreciate this at all....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2009 23:19

are you CraneGod on 606?

Thanx for the ratings

AbingdonRoyal

by AbingdonRoyal » 17 Jan 2009 23:30

AthleticoSpizz never noticed any difference when I played :?:

Fair enough, not sure if this is a question or an answer. What did you think of the support today?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 17 Jan 2009 23:32

Poor performance....so what... 1 defeat in the last 10 league games(21 points from 10 games. better than most in the division I shouldnt wonder), and that is to a team that has only lost one at home all season.

Get a grip... not time to panic yet.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 18 Jan 2009 00:10

working class hero Fed 7

Rosenior 4
Ivar 6
Doobs 5
Armstrong 7

Kebe 4
Shunt 4
Harps 3
Cisse 4

Nhunt 6
Doyle 6

Subs -
Marek 5
Lita 4
Boris 5

All told we could have been stuffed by 4 or 5. No point in being promoted if we are to keep this side [and we won't spend enough to change it].

As for atmosphere I was sat to the left of you in the corner with the Swansea lads - couldn't hear you at all......
The Swans fans were gobsmacked at how crap we were - especially after the Madstad game.

I took great delight in pointing out we had still beaten them 4-2 on aggregate - they didn't appreciate this at all....

I agree with your ratings apart from Doobs. If it was not for his last ditch tackles today we would have conceded at least two more. Overall I thought that he did a fairly good job on Jason Scotland.

As for the support true it could have been louder but there were only just over 800 of us which I think is appalling for a club our size when playing at a ground easily accessible from Reading by road or rail. Also the performance on the pitch hardly encouraged vocal backing. In the pub before the game Swansea fans said that they were surprised that we had not taken up the full allocation of away tickets given our position in the league. By contrast Wolves took 2470 to the Liberty Stadium and 2815 Swansea fans travelled to the Mad Stad when we played them at home.
Last edited by North Somerset Royal on 18 Jan 2009 00:28, edited 1 time in total.