Jimmy Kebe is a good player, sign in

1107 posts
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

Re: Jimmy Kebe is a good player, sign in

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 14 Dec 2008 18:53

He's a player that will put any opposition on the back foot and crap their pants - we dont have enough players like that - but its good to have Jimmy, since he's been out we havent looked anywhere near as threatening - so looking forward to his return

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Dec 2008 19:03

Yesterday's game was a sure sign of what kebe brings to the team...CREATIVITY

Sure he may not be one of the most consistent players but he sure does bring about opportunities for goals.

Him signing a new contract is a sign that he has done well enough this season to merit having a long term future at the club.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 15 Dec 2008 05:34

When out on his pacey runs it looks like he scatters all the oppositions defense while the ball is glued to his boot. Such a skillful player who has composure in a run but seems to either lack the discipline for a telling cross, looses his balance or falls over the ball. his unpredictability is his class :lol: . One for the future for definate.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 15 Dec 2008 08:11

He's been better than I thought he'd be, but I still think he's far too inconsistent and his work rate isn't enough. If we got promoted, I think we still need to sign a right winger and use Kebe as an unpredicatble sub, either as a right or left winger.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Dec 2008 09:36

From mornings newspaper

'Reading have handed Jimmy Kebe a three-and-a-half year deal to fend off interest from West Brom'

There's only one Jimmy KEBE

Sir Rodger Doyle

Jimmy Kebe, What does he actually contribute?

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 17 Jan 2009 23:37

How can you play week in, week out and never actually contribute anything to the team?
Going forward you may get a great bit of skill or burst of pace, but it is always followed by a comedy trip on the ball or a feeble cross.
Going backwards you may as well be down to ten men!

Forget Herman, get Blakey back!

Royal Boil

by Royal Boil » 18 Jan 2009 00:38

My God, I know that Kebe is a bit like Marmite to most fans, but this thread has been running for a long time. The only question I have is what does Schards#2 have to say about his lack of progress?

1871royals

Re: Jimmy Kebe, What does he actually contribute?

by 1871royals » 18 Jan 2009 00:43

Sir Rodger Doyle How can you play week in, week out and never actually contribute anything to the team?

Comments like this on Hobnob annoy me. We all know Kebes not the best player in the World but cut him some slack.

He has playing his first season regularly in this country, and has set up the 3rd most goals in the championship.

But according to the experts on Hobnob he contributes nothing. :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jan 2009 00:47

The problem with Kebe is not that he is shit, but that he is frustrating and should produce more than he does.

IMO he has a little of the Ronaldo about him. I'm not suggesting he is in Ronaldo's league, but like him early in his united career, his end product is often non-existant and he seems to delight in repeatedly beating players unnecessarily rather than creating the space to put the ball in the box for a chance.

He's also more gangly and therefore has a higher centre of gravity, combined with his long giraffe like legs this means he can sometimes (much less than last season or early this) just tie himself in knots and not be in complete control of the ball, or even where he's going for that matter.

Royal Boil

by Royal Boil » 18 Jan 2009 01:13

Ian Royal The problem with Kebe is not that he is shit, but that he is frustrating and should produce more than he does.

IMO he has a little of the Ronaldo about him. I'm not suggesting he is in Ronaldo's league, but like him early in his united career, his end product is often non-existant and he seems to delight in repeatedly beating players unnecessarily rather than creating the space to put the ball in the box for a chance.

He's also more gangly and therefore has a higher centre of gravity, combined with his long giraffe like legs this means he can sometimes (much less than last season or early this) just tie himself in knots and not be in complete control of the ball, or even where he's going for that matter.

Hmm. That's a bit of a mixed bag. So, are you pro Kebe or anti Kebe? (And sitting on the fence won't do - nobody else seems to!)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jan 2009 01:27

Royal Boil
Ian Royal The problem with Kebe is not that he is shit, but that he is frustrating and should produce more than he does.

Hmm. That's a bit of a mixed bag. So, are you pro Kebe or anti Kebe? (And sitting on the fence won't do - nobody else seems to!)

I'm neither pro, nor anti. I try and make considered and intelligent assessments of players. Kebe is an asset, but, he can be unreliable and IMO we should always have a winger on the bench as an alternative. I don't thik he'll be good enough for the Premier League, not without maturing a lot anyway. So I'd be quite keen on bringing in someone new.

Royal Boil

by Royal Boil » 18 Jan 2009 01:33

Ian Royal
Royal Boil

I'm neither pro, nor anti. I try and make considered and intelligent assessments of players. Kebe is an asset, but, he can be unreliable and IMO we should always have a winger on the bench as an alternative. I don't thik he'll be good enough for the Premier League, not without maturing a lot anyway. So I'd be quite keen on bringing in someone new.

D'oh! So you sat on the fence.....

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 18 Jan 2009 09:30

I have yet to see a natural winger that is consistent, part of the game at this level. For all Kebe's faults the fact that he can get to other end of the pitch in less than 10 seconds is valuable at ccc level.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 18 Jan 2009 12:08

2.8 lita injection I have yet to see a natural winger that is consistent, part of the game at this level. For all Kebe's faults the fact that he can get to other end of the pitch in less than 10 seconds is valuable at ccc level.

Yes it is, but when you get to the other end of the pitch and end up being tackled, miscontrolling the ball, or falling over (as so often happens), that isn't an asset at pub team level let alone CCC.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Jan 2009 12:21

handbags_harris
2.8 lita injection I have yet to see a natural winger that is consistent, part of the game at this level. For all Kebe's faults the fact that he can get to other end of the pitch in less than 10 seconds is valuable at ccc level.

Yes it is, but when you get to the other end of the pitch and end up being tackled, miscontrolling the ball, or falling over (as so often happens), that isn't an asset at pub team level let alone CCC.

Post of the year harris. The guy is terrible. Can't shoot( has missed too many clear cut chances to count), he can't pass properly, his first touch is abysmal as well as his crossing and has had possibly 5 good games all season. Its time for henry who actually looks like a professional footballer.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 18 Jan 2009 12:31

2.8 lita injection I have yet to see a natural winger that is consistent, part of the game at this level.

I'll give you Dave Thomas, Gordon Hill and .... Steve Coppell - the three best wingers/crossers of the ball in the English game. Ever. Period.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Jan 2009 12:33

Dick Habbin's hairdo
2.8 lita injection I have yet to see a natural winger that is consistent, part of the game at this level.

I'll give you Dave Thomas, Gordon Hill and .... Steve Coppell - the three best wingers/crossers of the ball in the English game. Ever. Period.

Which is probably why they played for teams at the top of Tier 1.

If Kebe and all of our players were as perfect as some one our supporters seem to expect them to be then there's no way they'd be playing for Reading.

1871royals

by 1871royals » 18 Jan 2009 13:04

FiNeRaIn Post of the year harris. The guy is terrible. Can't shoot( has missed too many clear cut chances to count), he can't pass properly, his first touch is abysmal as well as his crossing and has had possibly 5 good games all season. Its time for henry who actually looks like a professional footballer.

Post like this epitomise the terrible attitude of some of our fans.

As i posted earlier, Kebe is playing his first season regularly in this country and has 3rd most assists in the division. The only players above him (Knightley and SHunt) take all their respective teams set pieces, considering Kebe doesn't take any set pieces but still assists loads of goals.

Hes nowhere near the finished article but he still contributed positively to the team this season. As for Henry, everyone's excited about a potential youngster coming through, but at the mo Kebe is ahead of in and rightfully so imo.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Jan 2009 13:38

1871royals As i posted earlier, Kebe is playing his first season regularly in this country and has 3rd most assists in the division.

Where is your source for this stat?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Jan 2009 13:44

1871royals
FiNeRaIn Post of the year harris. The guy is terrible. Can't shoot( has missed too many clear cut chances to count), he can't pass properly, his first touch is abysmal as well as his crossing and has had possibly 5 good games all season. Its time for henry who actually looks like a professional footballer.

Post like this epitomise the terrible attitude of some of our fans.

As i posted earlier, Kebe is playing his first season regularly in this country .

What has that got to do with having a crap first touch, falling over, and not being able to put a dangerous ball into the box?

And like floyd said, where is that stat?

1107 posts