Coppell out!

532 posts
Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Y24er singing Coppell out

by Arnie_Pie » 21 Feb 2009 18:04

moo A guy in the concourse booming out 'Coppell out' in a drunken stupour. Your getting a kicking vs Forest. :lol:

Should have given him a kicking there and then.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Coppell out!

by Platypuss » 21 Feb 2009 18:10

Steve,

please work out how to play against 4-5-1.

Thanks.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 21 Feb 2009 18:11

I just think its the "loyalty" question as last year, since the Birmingham game we have been very average with very little imagination and flair in the middle, the constant 5 man midfield has us completely scuppered and we seem to have no way of playing against it, there was comment from SSC last season that he thought he was a little "too loyal" to the team when they couldn't win anything, and it would appear we are heading down the same road again.
If he hasn't got confidence in the full squad to replace the "untouchables" in the side then why wasn't more done in the transfer window, we have got Tabb in, Coventry captain and a regular starter, who has at last got his backside on the bench today, and that is where it stayed, and for some reason we got an Ipswich reserve ??.
Each week now irrespective of the result or performance we pour out the same starting x1, I would have thought that playing Championship football each week that Tabb would be "up to speed" with the Championship pace ?
This, why not getting serious, yet, is becoming a concern as the pack are catching the top three, all of whom are pretty patchy at the moment, and I dont see SSC changing his ways, with the more than liklehood that next week we will still be fielding the dull, uninspiring same x1.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Feb 2009 18:16

howser I just think its the "loyalty" question as last year, since the Birmingham game we have been very average with very little imagination and flair in the middle, the constant 5 man midfield has us completely scuppered and we seem to have no way of playing against it, there was comment from SSC last season that he thought he was a little "too loyal" to the team when they couldn't win anything, and it would appear we are heading down the same road again.
If he hasn't got confidence in the full squad to replace the "untouchables" in the side then why wasn't more done in the transfer window, we have got Tabb in, Coventry captain and a regular starter, who has at last got his backside on the bench today, and that is where it stayed, and for some reason we got an Ipswich reserve ??.
Each week now irrespective of the result or performance we pour out the same starting x1, I would have thought that playing Championship football each week that Tabb would be "up to speed" with the Championship pace ?
This, why not getting serious, yet, is becoming a concern as the pack are catching the top three, all of whom are pretty patchy at the moment, and I dont see SSC changing his ways, with the more than liklehood that next week we will still be fielding the dull, uninspiring same x1.

Agreed, once again Coppell's loyalty and conservatism is starting to cost us dear in terms of lost points.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 21 Feb 2009 18:18

Aww Platy, stop deleteing my posts xx

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Feb 2009 18:19

You stop posting like a twunt, and I'll stop deleting.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 21 Feb 2009 18:27

Such a shame you merged it in to EILs thread i'll just post it again,...

Fezza

by Fezza » 21 Feb 2009 18:34

I hate to agree with Royalee, but, like him I was agast at the end of last season when SC didn't go and some stupid C@*&'S had a party in his parking space. Yes he is a good manager (so long as the team we are playing plays 442), but his now obsessive faith in certain players cannot be allowed to continue. He looked like he had lost the plot last season and this year he is showing the same faults, he must go at the end of the season whether or not we go up, we are a club in a catatonic state at the moment!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Feb 2009 18:38

This is just horribly embarrassing. Please stop.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2009 18:45

Royal Rother This is just horribly embarrassing. Please stop.
Agreed.

Coppell has been the best thing to happen to this club for 137 years.

I don't know what is said/done in training etc, but at the end of the day it's those 11 players on the pitch who have to produce the goods and, for whatever reason, they're not. There's no passion, no fight, no spirit. I don't know what's gone wrong, but it's not ALL done to Copps.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 21 Feb 2009 18:48

Royal Lady
Royal Rother This is just horribly embarrassing. Please stop.
Agreed.

Coppell has been the best thing to happen to this club for 137 years.

I don't know what is said/done in training etc, but at the end of the day it's those 11 players on the pitch who have to produce the goods and, for whatever reason, they're not. There's no passion, no fight, no spirit. I don't know what's gone wrong, but it's not ALL done to Copps.

Jesus absolutely wept.

Who gives a shit about the past? live in the present atleast.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2009 18:51

I am living in the present - I just said, that it's the PLAYERS when they're out on the pitch who HAVE TO PERFORM to get the results. Many are lacking in confidence and many seem to be not that bothered tbh. Just because you're upset at today's result, don't let it cloud the overall view. :roll:

dellwoodboy

by dellwoodboy » 21 Feb 2009 18:54

As has been previously mentioned exactly the same is happening this season as last with a continuous run of bad or indifferent results which caused us to be relegted last season and might well mean automatic promotion being out of the question this season. And certainly with our record in the play-offs we do not want to be there.
The problem seems to be two-fold inas much as every game the same old shoe-ins appear and contribute very little(we all know who they are) and in this regard complacency creeps in which certainly seems to be the case now. You gain the impression that there is no passion in the side and unfortunatly Coppell is not a manager to show that to the team and to get them to respond. How I would love to see Coppell having a rant on the side lines and waving his arms about in the hope that something might get through to the players.
Okay we should beat Forest next week(fingers crossed) and it all might seem okay again but I feel that underneath there is something not right at the club and a new manager would turn things around.
From all accounts we seem to have a very good range of youngsters coming through and a younger man might be more prpared to give them a better go at making the first team. We might be a lot better off having another season in the Championship because it is starting to look as if the current11/16 would probably not be anything like good enough for the premiership. You only have to compare the side of 05/06 man for man and you can see they are not in the same class.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 21 Feb 2009 19:04

I would like to point out for the intellectually challanged that this thread was started with my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Feb 2009 19:06

Sounds painful.

Fezza

by Fezza » 21 Feb 2009 19:10

Royal Lady I am living in the present - I just said, that it's the PLAYERS when they're out on the pitch who HAVE TO PERFORM to get the results. Many are lacking in confidence and many seem to be not that bothered tbh. Just because you're upset at today's result, don't let it cloud the overall view. :roll:

Sorry but please remind me if this is the third or fourth time we have been outplayed by a side playing 451 this season. The players aren't responsible for the tactics, the manager is. Had you asked any fan prior to kick off if they thought Harper and Hunt deserved their places in the team do you think they'd have agreed with SC?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 21 Feb 2009 19:17

dellwoodboy As has been previously mentioned exactly the same is happening this season as last with a continuous run of bad or indifferent results

Not only then but go back a few seasons and we saw the same thing happen 04/05 when we went 11 games without a win and Coppell didnt know how to drag us out of that rut

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 21 Feb 2009 19:21

exileinleeds I would like to point out for the intellectually challanged that this thread was started with my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek!

Glad I didn't start it, now... :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Feb 2009 19:23

RoyalBlue
howser I just think its the "loyalty" question as last year, since the Birmingham game we have been very average with very little imagination and flair in the middle, the constant 5 man midfield has us completely scuppered and we seem to have no way of playing against it, there was comment from SSC last season that he thought he was a little "too loyal" to the team when they couldn't win anything, and it would appear we are heading down the same road again.

Agreed, once again Coppell's loyalty and conservatism is starting to cost us dear in terms of lost points.

+2

When we went 1-0 down I said I'd leave if BC scored a second so, I missed nearly all the 2nd half :P

I can't remember walking out before in such fashion but I didn't want to start taking it out on the players.

I listened to an hour of Kebe, Hunt and Harper bashing on RB and can't understand why so few are prepared to blame the one man who should be taking all the flack.

Steve Coppell is a great manager when things are going well but when the sh*t hits the fans he dons a tin hat and takes cover in the nearest bunker. One also has to wonder if the fact he can't counter 4-5-1 has something to do with old dogs failing to learn new tricks.

I had to laugh tonight when he said that this campaign is different to the one 3 years ago.
I thought, you're not wrong there. That season we didn't start with Hunt at left back because you refused to replace Shorey until he'd left despite the fact he'd played like a spoilt child for all of the previous season.

That season we didn't play 2 out of form strikers (Long and Lita) over the first 6 games before we finally got Noel Hunt, who had impressed just about everyone other than one Steve Coppell whenever he was given the chance.

The last month has been down to Coppell and no one else. The same Noel Hunt sustained a mystery injury for one game and we haven't scored since as his manager grabbed the "chance" to drop him with both hands.

Coppell wouldn't drop Shorey or Ingimarrson and yet we haven't missed either of them. When Karacan was playing in one of our best spells of the season our manager was busting a gut to get Harper back in the team.

My seat will be empty next week. Stop picking your favourites, Steve.........................sort it out or fcuk off.

Rant over.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 21 Feb 2009 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

79Royal

Re: ITS TIME TO GO...

by 79Royal » 21 Feb 2009 19:26

2 world wars, 1 world cup Sorry to be so direct but sometimes it has to be said.

Anyone who kneejerks a "Coppell Out" thought after today is, quite frankly, an embarrassment and a bit of a moron.

Your views don't deserve any further comment.

Sorry if this is offensive but I might as well be to the point.

'greed.

532 posts