Changes to be made next week

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Coppell's "Changes" = 1 or 2

by andrew1957 » 22 Feb 2009 16:45

If SC does not make significant change then even I (as an RTG) will be very concerned. Harper and S.Hunt MUST be dropped as they are so out of from that it is doing them no good to be played each week - let alone Reading.

The only dilemma is whether we move from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1. If we were playing a good side then I would probably do this but we are playing a Forest side who have just lost a few matches so if we cannot make 4-4-2 work to our advantage next week we never will do.

Therefore, if it were up to me I would play -

Fed
Rose Pearce Doobs Armstrong
Kebe Karacan Matejovsky Tabb
Doyle and N.Hunt

Res - Gunnar, USA, Long, Bikey and S.Hunt

I do not think Lita adds anything to the squad and sadly I have concluded that Harper should be taken to a far off land and put out to grass. I would bring in Karacan as we need his energy and Gunnar is probably better as a sub these days. I did consider bringing in Bikey for Doobs but Doobs was one of the few players to come out with any credit yesterday so this would be a little unfair.

royalrose

by royalrose » 22 Feb 2009 17:14

Its obvious what teams are doing against us swnasea did it and so did southampton and now bristol city have done it.

Each team drops a player just in front of the defence to help out each of there defences side to stop our wings and this also means because our midfield insist on standing with the defence on the edge of the area this man a has so much time and space to work in to pick out a pass.

to counter act this we are going to need to change our formation completely to have ciise/bikey in front of our defence and then marek and tabb in the middle and doyle/hunt up front and everyone support.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 22 Feb 2009 17:25

royalrose Its obvious what teams are doing against us swnasea did it and so did southampton and now bristol city have done it.

Each team drops a player just in front of the defence to help out each of there defences side to stop our wings and this also means because our midfield insist on standing with the defence on the edge of the area this man a has so much time and space to work in to pick out a pass.

to counter act this we are going to need to change our formation completely to have ciise/bikey in front of our defence and then marek and tabb in the middle and doyle/hunt up front and everyone support.

Exactly. I just offered up this opinion in a bit more detail on the 4-4-2 thread. The main change required is to our pattern of play as opposed to individuals.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Feb 2009 17:29

too much change is counter productive

i think coppell will probably change both CMs and a striker
and personally id change tabb for shunt/kebe too
maybe bikey at the back, doobs was to blame for teh marking, though he was pushed as the striker jumped for it.

thing is if armstrongs shot had gone in instead of hitting the post, or any of litas chances/random shots, it would have been totally different
city hardly outplayed us, it was a 50-50 game in which they got they luck and the ref.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Changes to be made next week

by brendywendy » 22 Feb 2009 17:39

sawyers left arm I don't care I just want Kebe out he is crap and lazy

:roll: the goat is scaped

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re: Changes to be made next week

by Handsome Man » 22 Feb 2009 17:47

G Marek