CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
Fezza

Re: DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

by Fezza » 02 Mar 2009 21:59

gonesy
He has no form, as he has hardly kicked a ball since Derby in the Prem, he is a sicknote and he upset an awful lot of people with his superior attitude. Little would be a much better shout, or if we were blessed Welbeck.

Little would be good but he's a bigger sicknote than Kitson! It would only be for a loan. If we lose the next 2 games, it's got to be worth a shout before we play Donny away.

Our problems are down the right wing and have been for almost two seasons. The lack of quality supply coming into the box is more at fault than anything else. When we had Little and Hunt/Convey on the flanks together we didn't have issues against 451 formations as the oppo had to at very least double up on the wingers with a player from the centre of the park for fear of their service.

This season the lack of quality supply (due to Little and Shorey leaving) mixed with the poor tracking back of Kebe and a dip in form from the central midfielders has left us wide open to the 451 formation dominating us. Stretch and Hunt are still good defensively but Rosey is being exposed when he tries to support Kebe and the midfield don't fill in or track back.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 02 Mar 2009 23:50

georgerob come on being realistic here, with coppell being against the loan system anyway, and four strikers already at the club who are capable and have the potential to score, we'll never bring kitson back in.

Sorry, but I don't recognise that description of our so-called strike force. We have one good striker who is having an off period, and three others of significantly lesser ability. (I could switch to rant-mode at this stage, but it would only get tedious and repetitive ...)

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Mar 2009 06:58

I'd take Kitson back in an instant.

Kitson >> Lita and Long

Plus if we keep playing hoofball we surely need someone taller that 5 foot 5, especially against clogger Championship defenders that are all 6 foot plus. They are eating Reading's long ball game for breakfast ATM.

Plus I reckon he'd give a few of the underperformers a much needed kick up the arse, something our management team haven't done in the past month-6 weeks

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 03 Mar 2009 09:14

Kitson good in his time for us but now a ego inflated and injury prone ove has been. Ask any Stoke supporter what they think of him. Probably the best bit of transfer business the club has ever done getting rid.

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 03 Mar 2009 09:37

West Stand Man Bring back Trevor Senior.

Not a bad shout.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Mar 2009 09:54

Our issue is creating chances, not sure how getting a striker back who was part of a similar run last year and hasn't played much this season is going to help.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 03 Mar 2009 11:12

I'd rather we signed a right winger on loan and got that utterly useless waste of space kebe out of the team. Glenn Little if he's fit would do me, or even better Wallbeck or Wiltshire.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 03 Mar 2009 11:26

gonesy
Royalee
chandog Pass on that one

we ve already got enough strikers who cant hit a barn door

Yeah, because it's the strikers' fault we aren't scoring goals as the service to them is world class.

I agree that the main culprits recently have been Shunt & Kebe with their sudden inability to cross the ball but maybe a psychological boost is needed now as well, whether it upsets people or encourages them, something needs to change.

Wasnt it Harper and Cisse's fault...oh know... we changed them and it made no difference... so must be the wingers... If we change them and there is no difference then it is probably the centrebacks fault... It could never be Doyles fault though

As it happens I also think that Kitson coming back on load would be fantastic,, in the minority though I guess.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Mar 2009 11:30

If the stirkers were getting and missing a multitude of chances then it would be their fault. They are getting no service from the midfield/wings (regardless of who plays there at the mo) so are having to come deep, move out of position to get the ball.

That's the key difference between the side now and the 106 pt side (and even the team earlier this year) the stikers trusted in the service so stayed around the box knowing they'd get a chance - now that trust has gone.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 10 Mar 2009 01:12

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 309270.ece

The Sun recon he's on his way back. Normally trust them for my information so should be interesting.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Mar 2009 06:45

Late withdrawal from their reserve game with West Brom last night. Plenty of smoke...

Dirk would blow a gasket.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

by Sun Tzu » 10 Mar 2009 07:24

Shock news as Steve Coppell seen in the Spreadeagle asking if anyone knows the current whereabouts of a Mr R Friday....

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Mar 2009 07:25

Scrappy http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2309270.ece

The Sun recon he's on his way back. Normally trust them for my information so should be interesting.

Interesting name on the story....

Any relation ?

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 10 Mar 2009 07:30

Just got a text off my Stoke supporting friend telling me he is on his way back to us. Hmmmmm... Asked if he has any confirmation / the source etc.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Kitson to return?

by NR_Royal » 10 Mar 2009 07:31

I nearly spat out my tea when watching Sky Sports News. Under PL news, it just said, Kitson is widely expected to return to Reading on loan with an eye for a permanant move in the summer. :shock:

What on earth is going on here? Looks like we could have Kiton, Shorey and Little back soon. :o

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Kitson to return?

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 07:38

My Mrs just shouted dwn the stairs. It's been announced on Radio Berkshire

Bizarre

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 10 Mar 2009 07:39

BarryWhiteRFC Just got a text off my Stoke supporting friend telling me he is on his way back to us. Hmmmmm... Asked if he has any confirmation / the source etc.

Just advised that it was on Radio Stoke this morning that it will be confirmed in the next 48 hours. The move will not be completed in time for him to play tonight.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Mar 2009 07:40

What?

Hhhmmmmmmmmm?

Shorey next?

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 10 Mar 2009 07:40

On SSN this morning With a view to a permanant move in the summer.

Another £250k ?

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 10 Mar 2009 07:42

Just posted on the thread in UFR&G, it has been on Radio Stoke this morning also. Though they say move will not be completed in time for him to play tonight.

455 posts