Back from the game - Wednesday away

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Favourite part of last night

by CMRoyal » 04 Mar 2009 13:38

To be fair, Rosey and Doobs seem to do that after every victory. Great to see others joining in, though.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Wednesday away

by Royalee » 04 Mar 2009 13:41

winchester_royal It seems as if Marek finally controlled a championship game in the way that we all knew he could. Maybe a decent run of games could really bring out the best in him....

Funny that.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 04 Mar 2009 13:44

rg6royal Went to the game last night and thought we fully deserved the win. We played some great football at times and I think that was due to Matejovsky so calm on the ball half the time. Well Rossy had his volley from the edge of the box saved I thought it just wasn't going to be our day (again)!

brendywendy the radio highlighted that volley, and a great tackle from hunt as turning the game round for us

its possible for things like that to change the whole season, who knows

It certainly gave everyone a lift, it was pure quality. I don't know about the players, but that was the point at which I started to believe we could get back into the game.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 04 Mar 2009 13:44

winchester_royal It seems as if Marek finally controlled a championship game in the way that we all knew he could. Maybe a decent run of games could really bring out the best in him....

You mean Coppell's loyalty towards him is bearing fruit? But that's an SC weakness according to some. :wink:

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 04 Mar 2009 13:45

A big +1.

Great to see, from Rosenior especially. Nice to know it means as much to some of the players as it does to us. He looked well chuffed.

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 04 Mar 2009 13:53

The best part about last night apart from the three points was the bragging rights in the office today with all the Owls fans, they are fuming about being beaten by the ref etc etc. I am so enjoying myself!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Mar 2009 13:58

CMRoyal

You mean Coppell's loyalty towards him is bearing fruit? But that's an SC weakness according to some. :wink:

Loyalty? He's given him two back to back starts for pretty much the first time all season. How many bad performances in a row was Harper allowed?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Mar 2009 14:40

rhroyal Did anybody else here have to wait outside the ground in the pouring rain until 20 minutes after kick off because of some non existent security threat? I wasn't happy.

No.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 04 Mar 2009 14:44

Doyles celebration and crowd reaction. Oh and Doobs having a spat with the steward.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 04 Mar 2009 14:58

Rosenior's attitude is amazing, I really do think he has the potential to be club captain if he stays for a period of years. His desire for the club is second to none, and he's always coming over to the crowd after a hard earned performance.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 04 Mar 2009 14:59

rhroyal Did anybody else here have to wait outside the ground in the pouring rain until 20 minutes after kick off because of some non existent security threat? I wasn't happy.

LOLZ :lol:

To be fair you didn't miss anything of note.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 04 Mar 2009 15:00

A question for those lucky souls that could go,

How was the home support in defeat compared to our so-called woeful home support of late?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 04 Mar 2009 15:03

Baying at the ref and at Doyle when he was injured. Also they started calling us cheats :D .

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 04 Mar 2009 15:15

Just got back having stayed over in Sheffield. Whilst the view from the lower tier was crap I thought that up until they scored we had the best of it. Once we went a goal down we went to pieces and were fortunate not to concede more before half time. In the second half we looked a different team which I do not believe was down to Tabb being replaced by Kebe. I do not know why that change was made. Unlike SC to make a tactical change at half time and I thought Tabb had done OK. Kebe could and should have made it safe at 3-1 but as usual just kept going head down until he ran out of pitch when Long was unmarked in the centre.

Marek and Gunnar gave the best midfield display seen for a long time and although at fault for their goal Doobs was immense for the rest of the game and I agree that he was MOM. Whilst i groaned when they announced that Long was on the bench-fair play his strike for the winner was terrific.

In the pub after the game Wednesday fans thought that the ref should be locked up after disallowing their goal and that Coppell should be prosecuted for daylight robbery. :lol: All in all a great trip and whilst few in numbers the support was excellent.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 04 Mar 2009 15:16

Royalee
CMRoyal

Loyalty? He's given him two back to back starts for pretty much the first time all season. How many bad performances in a row was Harper allowed?

Just the one in my opinion. And Harps had already been omitted for a few matches earlier in the season.

I guess I was reacting mainly to those who'd already decided that Marek had had his chance and blown it against Bristol C.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 04 Mar 2009 15:29

North Somerset Royal J Once we went a goal down we went to pieces and were fortunate not to concede more before half time. .

Are you sure you were at the game ?

They scored in added on time in the first half !

To have conceded more goals in the first half would have taken some doing.....

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 04 Mar 2009 15:49

Really good result and I'm delighted for everyone that went. I thought we didn't play too bad tbf 1st half, we had our fair share of possession and I can't recall Sheffield Wednesday having too many opportunities before they scored. The timing of the goal was really poor, but would we have had the same response had we gone in all square?

2nd half, good tempo we showed and Rosenior's volley was the catalyst for Doyle's equaliser. Equally, I'd like to think the atmosphere from the Reading fans from those back to back corners played a part. From the goal going on, I felt the match was our's for the taking and it was a superb goal from Long from a team perspective, one of my favourite Reading goals from that aspect. Doobs done superbly to win the ball and was it Stephen Hunt who broke away with it? But to pick out Long who finished really well considering he was going at the keeper's near post was great, and the post goal celebrations down the front were classy.

Could have and should have finished it when Kebe broke away on the left, but seemed lost when he finally reached the area. Still, that was a nailbiting last couple of minutes when Lee Grant went up for the corners and we didn't seem to cope. Overall though, a great 2nd half turnaround and we're now back on track for the season.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 04 Mar 2009 15:57

Sun Tzu
North Somerset Royal J Once we went a goal down we went to pieces and were fortunate not to concede more before half time. .

Are you sure you were at the game ?

They scored in added on time in the first half !

To have conceded more goals in the first half would have taken some doing.....

Seemed like an eternity to me from their goal up to the half time whistle. Maybe the demands placed on my bladder by two hours in the New Barrack Inn were beginning to tell! It was just that up until they scored I felt that we were looking fairly comfortable but from then on up until our first goal we seemed jittery to say the least. After that for the bulk of the second half we were once again in control until the final few minutes when it was squeaky bum time again.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 04 Mar 2009 16:04

floyd__streete Hark now hear the Wednesday whinge
The Reading win away.....

My man of the match was the gobby Wednesday fan, old enough to know much better, who was ranting in his moronic northern drawl at the Reading supporters after the game "f*ck off back to the fourth division where you belong, cheating shite, it's all about money, Madejski FC".

Did you see that in the programme they even had a league table based on points per £m players wages showing them top and us 14th :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Mar 2009 16:11

Royalee
CMRoyal

2, 3? at most

some average ones too

remember harps being dropped for karacan/brynn earlier in the season too

plus mareks had alot of injuries this season

so whats your point?