CONFIRMED - Glenn Little Loan move

334 posts
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIRMED - Glenn Little Loan move

by Dirk Gently » 08 Mar 2009 20:52

RG30
Dirk Gently
BarryWhiteRFC Did you ever watch Glen play? Ever? If you did then you know that this can only be a good thing for the team / club and you're just looking for a reaction.

Certainly did. And the key point is that we're talking about the past tense, here. In his day he was absolutely superb for us and the best winger in tier two by far.

But that was three years ago, and that's my whole point. The Glenn Little of this season is a very different Glenn Little to the one we had three (or even two) seasons ago. If he was the same, that'd be different and worthwhile, but everyone here seems to be rejoicing in the memory of Glenn Little - not the reality of Glenn Little today.

Very different, I'm afraid!

Spot on Dirk. If Glen can play a part in getting us promoted then I'll happily admit I'm wrong but he hasn't played since Boxing Day, he's now 32/33 and maybe a desperate move by the management team.

Yes, that was my immediate thought. This isn't strategy by the management team - this is a public declaration that they don't have a long-term plan and are now clutching at straws.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Mar 2009 20:53

Elm Park Old Boy The guy's an RFC legend.
NO, PLEASE

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Mar 2009 20:55

He is, yes - just a shame he couldn't be left that way.

But coming back when he's lost the magic, under an absolutely massive weight of expectation, will only sully the memory of what he did for us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Mar 2009 20:56

Dirk Gently This isn't strategy by the management team - this is a public declaration that they don't have a long-term plan and are now clutching at straws.
Just like (Sir Harrys) Premier League Pompey publicly declared when they signed him........obviously

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 08 Mar 2009 20:59

Blakey even at 50% will cause Championship defenders problems.

We've seen the standard is not great.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Mar 2009 21:10

As Glenn clearly has LEGEND status at the club I expect him to be able to have two bad games before the hobnob posse gets on his back rather than the usual one.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 08 Mar 2009 21:12

Royal With Cheese As Glenn clearly has LEGEND status at the club I expect him to be able to have two bad games before the hobnob posse gets on his back rather than the usual one.

We'll pay him a lot of money and see him through an injury before he actually plays a game.

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 08 Mar 2009 21:33

Why all this scepticism and worry and conjecture. Glen 'Blakey' Little became a Reading legend in his recent spell with us and was absolutely instrumental in our promotion to The Prem.

He is a player that is in the same mould as Gilkesy and dare I say it in patches James Lambert...When these players get the ball they usually make something happen. Listen to the way the crowd lifts when Kebe gets the ball even though 8 times out of 10 he'll do nothing with it!

I am absolutely bloody delighted that Glen has come home and I cannot wait to see him grace The Mad Stad once more.

Come on Glenda !!

Say we are going up, say we are going up - Class is what gets you promoted, now all we need is Bikey back in the side :) :) :) :) :)

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Mar 2009 21:36

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Blakey even at 50% will cause Championship defenders problems.

We've seen the standard is not great.

Blakey at 50% is still 10 times the player Kebe will only dream to be

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 Mar 2009 21:44

Welcome back Glenn!!!

More important than Glenn coming back is actually selecting Bikey again. Bikey is the best Centre back we have and needs to play.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Mar 2009 21:48

Dirk Gently

But coming back when he's lost the magic, under an absolutely massive weight of expectation, will only sully the memory of what he did for us.

My feelings exactly

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 Mar 2009 21:53

bcubed
Dirk Gently

My feelings exactly

On the other hand. If we get the old Glenn Little back and he spurs us on to promotion by setting up 15 goals before the end of the season then that legend status will be cemented further.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 08 Mar 2009 21:55

Anyway we need the option of bringing Glenn on when we look completely bereft of ideas when it comes to breaking teams down.

If its 0-0 with 20 mins to go and Kebe is getting marked out of it and is lazing around, then Glenn could be just the boost we need for 20 mins. Glenn can create things out of nothing.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 08 Mar 2009 22:02

Dirk calm down mate. He's re-signed on loan 'till the end of the season and as the majority on here seem to think may just be the difference. I'm not suggesting for a minute that he's the answer to our prayers but with the number of games left you can't help but feel that he will at least provide something very different to what we've got. And who knows, galvanise the final push.
'Cos let's face it, we can't afford to drop too many more points now.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 08 Mar 2009 23:00

Well i guess pessimists are never disappointed, but I think it is a "good thing" to get Glenn back. He is a great option for the right wing, and will set up goals for us.

Welcome back Glen!

roberto_11

Re: RUMOUR - Glenn Little Loan move

by roberto_11 » 08 Mar 2009 23:05

Ian Royal Little in means Kebe could shift left if SHunt doesn't start improving. We'd also have Tabb available.

Little serving NHunt and Doyle would be excellent. Little can cope with being doubled up on when he's in form. He's not about pace, so he doesn't get locked into the head down and run problem of both Kebe and SHunt. He has unbelievable control. Doubling up on him doesn't stop him and it creates space elsewhere which he is capable of spotting and playing simple or difficult balls to.

Wouldn't want him back permanantly, but he could have a massive impact for us right now.

Good post. With Little in the team it can leave more space open on the other wing which someone with Kebe's pace could explot in the same way Convey used to. His delivery and vision is amazing. Even if he only manages to play half the games we have left, its a good signing that gives us creative options. Whether or not he will manage to stay fit is another matter.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 09 Mar 2009 00:59

Crowthorne Royal He is a player that is in the same mould as Gilkesy and dare I say it in patches James Lambert...When these players get the ball they usually make something happen. Listen to the way the crowd lifts when Kebe gets the ball even though 8 times out of 10 he'll do nothing with it!

Are you feeling alright mate? Glen Little is nothing like Gilkes! Have you seen his speed in comparision?!! Gilkes was a simple player who used raw pace to run up the line and put the ball in the box whereas Little uses skill and often cuts inside.
But yer i'm happy he's back...Mr Coppell can we get Convey back on loan to replace S*** Hunt? Nah of coure that wont ever happen

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 09 Mar 2009 03:57

Good news, I am just happy at the chance of him regaining some of that old magic.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 09 Mar 2009 04:37

I saw him play against AC Milan and he looked like the old Glenn Little. May have just been coincidence but they were 2 up when he went off and finished 2 each. Typical just has Kebe has is best game we bring Blakey back!

Stolp

by Stolp » 09 Mar 2009 06:02

it's a great signing and Glenn will certainly have an impact on the rest of our season, even if it is from the bench

334 posts