Donny away

ellpryjon

Re: Donny away

by ellpryjon » 16 Mar 2009 10:44

donnievic
East Stand Ste going, and cant wait!!.......anyone kno how far stadium is from the town (pubs etc)?....plan on getting there super early!

It's about a mile from the town centre to the ground 15 to 20 min walk and also a beefeater pub near the ground aswell as McDonalds and KFC BUT NOT MUCH ELSE REALLY

Sounds familiar............... :wink:

donnievic

by donnievic » 16 Mar 2009 19:21

Those coming by car tomorrow leave M18 at J3 ONTO THE a6182 and go straight on at the 2 roundabouts then turn in between McDonalds and Beefeater pub(away fans allowed) and park in either the pub car park or YORKSHIRE OUTLETLET SHOPPING AREA CAR PARK its free and only 5 mins walk from the ground rather than pay £5 at the ground

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 16 Mar 2009 19:38

Hi Vic - just going to ask that! How long does it take to get out those car parks after the game? Not like at our place, where you can still be stuck there 45 mins after the games done and dusted, I hope.

Thanks for the info - it's appreciated.

Elliott

by Elliott » 16 Mar 2009 19:44

ellpryjon
donnievic
East Stand Ste going, and cant wait!!.......anyone kno how far stadium is from the town (pubs etc)?....plan on getting there super early!

It's about a mile from the town centre to the ground 15 to 20 min walk and also a beefeater pub near the ground aswell as McDonalds and KFC BUT NOT MUCH ELSE REALLY

Sounds familiar............... :wink:

We have a pizza hut too!! 8)

donnievic

by donnievic » 16 Mar 2009 19:51

It's about a mile from the town centre to the ground 15 to 20 min walk and also a beefeater pub near the ground aswell as McDonalds and KFC BUT NOT MUCH ELSE REALLY[/quote]

Sounds familiar............... :wink:[/quote]

We have a pizza hut too!! 8)[/quote]

FORGOT ABOUT THAT WE HAVE A PIZZA HUT TOO....

As for the car parks i park in beefeater pub car park and leave as soon as the game ends but with your lot behind the far goal abit further to walk and just depends on the day,saturday few left before the end so i was back on M18 within a few minutes but would say you would be back on M18 within 15 or 20 mins from the game finishing mate but not sutre about the car at the ground as never parked their

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 16 Mar 2009 20:30

donnievic It's about a mile from the town centre to the ground 15 to 20 min walk and also a beefeater pub near the ground aswell as McDonalds and KFC BUT NOT MUCH ELSE REALLY

Sounds familiar............... :wink:[/quote]

We have a pizza hut too!! 8)[/quote]

FORGOT ABOUT THAT WE HAVE A PIZZA HUT TOO....

As for the car parks i park in beefeater pub car park and leave as soon as the game ends but with your lot behind the far goal abit further to walk and just depends on the day,saturday few left before the end so i was back on M18 within a few minutes but would say you would be back on M18 within 15 or 20 mins from the game finishing mate but not sutre about the car at the ground as never parked their[/quote]

Cheers Vic - the Beefeater sounds good to me. Get in a pint or two before the game to calm the jitters as well. :wink:

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 16 Mar 2009 21:06

donnievic Fao Wizard,yes you will be able to pay on the the if your coming without a ticket,go to the community changing rooms next to the away turnstiles to get your tickets and not the ticket office at the south stand.

Just hope we play better than we did on saturday because thats the worst we have played in a long time.

Thank you very much donnievic! That settles my decision then, I am going to tear over t'trong side o' Pennines after work. Just hope I can make it in time!