back from the Coventry away game...

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: back...

by Winchester Royal » 04 Apr 2009 21:12

Yet again, another good day spoiled by some utterly oxf*rd football.

Highlight of the day? Meeting Bishbosh92. 8)

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 04 Apr 2009 21:13

floyd__streete Another diabolical afternoon of Championship dross sat wedged uncomfortably into a seat with no leg room in silence in a purpose built mass of empty blue seats of a stadium miles away from any decent pubs on the outskirts of a crap town in the west midlands. My neck aches after watching Reading punt the ball aimlessly from one end of this souless bowl to another, Coventry were not much better.

Steve Coppell, you are having a laugh; speaking in the EP on Thursday about going to Coventry with a positive atttiude, you played the two slowest wide men ever in Glen Little (glory days long gone) and Jay Tabb (a tubby pub player) along with two plodding central midfielders in Cisse and the ever-awful James Harper. Up front, Kitson was so disinterested he didn't even bother to bitch his way through the game moaning at the p*ss-poor officials in his usual self-important manner. 1 goal in 4 games for a promotion chasing team is utterly pathetic, at least we are keeping clean sheets but quite how we manage that with that clumsy oaf Duberry at the back just goes to sum up how absolutely dire this w@nk league is. On the positive side Kelly did ok; never looks 100% certain but he's no worse than that goon who usually plays right back for us. Hahnemann did all that was expected of him. Marek showed some decent touches in his twenty minutes on the park.

The end.

Cannot argue with any of that.

Plus kicked out of the working mens club without buying a beer 'because the Cov boys will do you'

Plus plus plonker bloke behind bar in stadium. 'Three beers please" .... Would you like a bottle? ... "No would like a pint" .... We only do bottles... "Then why ask me when if there is no alternative?" .... But there is ... "What?" .... Coke .......

Plus plus plus burnt my hand on a super heated Balti Pie.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Apr 2009 21:15

I really don't want to have to put myself through anything similar away to Blackpool now - I wish we hadn't bought our tickets. :evil:
I don't think anyone came out of that match with any credit, except possibly USA, as he didn't have much to do and he did make one good save.

Why does Kitson not bother to jump for a ball??
I hope Sir Steve doesn't blame internationals for this farce - I don't know why Doyle didn't feature at all, maybe he's taken a knock. But, yet again, the team we put out today was an embarrassment.

The Ricoh Stadium is EXACTLY what our stadium would be like if we went ahead with the expansion in the near future. I was bored out of my mind for the whole 90 mins to be honest.

No-one appeared to have any passion, determination or fight in them. We look like a team that's resigned itself to relegation.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 04 Apr 2009 21:17

They served pints before the game in the right hand kiosk as you entered.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 04 Apr 2009 21:19

Winchester Royal Yet again, another good day spoiled by some utterly oxf*rd football.

And to think you were trying to convince me to go last night!

Jobbo no.11

by Jobbo no.11 » 04 Apr 2009 21:20

What an absoloute joke that was, probably the most boring game ive seen. No drive, passion or creativity.
I don't think kitson moved more that 20 yards all game, I cant remember harper or cisse touching it, and as for doobs he has got to be the least skilful player in the league HOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!.
As for the fans we were trying at the back but really what was there to shout about?
The only positives I can bring from today Kelly was decent at the back but pretty decent for the chances he has had. Bikey at the back is solid and when on the ball passes rather than booting as far as he can.
In conclusion POOR.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 04 Apr 2009 21:22

Although I am no Matejovsky fan I thought that itr was interesting how following his introduction we actually started to play short to feet rather than just lumping it down the channels as we had done up until then. I think that if Coppell seriously wanted to win the game he would have played Marek from the start rather than the totally non creative pairing of Harper & Cisse. I suspect that like me Coppell thinks that this and remaining games are entirely academic as we will not finish higher than 3rd or lower than 6th. As the other play off contenders are much of a muchness and our pitch nullifies any home advantage it will not make any difference whether we finish, 3rd,4th,5th or 6th. The most exciting part of today was spending my £25 quid in Tesco to get free parking!

Gilksey

by Gilksey » 04 Apr 2009 21:25

Royal Lady I hope Sir Steve doesn't blame internationals for this farce - I don't know why Doyle didn't feature at all, maybe he's taken a knock. But, yet again, the team we put out today was an embarrassment.

Oh dear!!!
Steve Coppell I think over the course of the last two years there have probably been 10 or 11 international breaks and on nine or 10 of those we have then been away from home. It doesn't sound as though that should make a difference but when you have players travelling all over the world it does. .

Agree with Floyd's post, absolutely terrible.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 04 Apr 2009 21:26

crossie
Winchester Royal Yet again, another good day spoiled by some utterly oxf*rd football.

And to think you were trying to convince me to go last night!

Yeah, never listen to advice from me. Thought everybody knew that. 8)

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Apr 2009 21:33

Dull, passionless and uninspiring. On this showing we can well and truly kiss goodbye to any hopes of automatic promotion and we can have no confidence of the play-offs - if we make them. And if by some miracle we did go up then it would be embarrassing and painful next season - like lambs to the slaughter every single game.

Just as well that the deadline for Season Ticket renewals was yesterday as no-one would be buying after today.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 04 Apr 2009 21:40

Can the last person alive (who goes to the games) that thinks we are not dull and uninspiring please turn the lights off.

We are the worst team in the history of football to still have automatic promotion in our own hands at this stage of the season.

By the end of next weekend it'll be all about trying to qualify for the play offs where we will be duly dispatched. I never thought it would get to a stage where you go to a game thinking a shot on target in the 90 minutes would be a surprise bonus.
Last edited by Schards#2 on 04 Apr 2009 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 04 Apr 2009 21:40

i heard GeneralB was at the game with his 'Lovell scissor kick Stockport 93/94 LOLZ' auto trader shirt on, im not concerned about the result.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 04 Apr 2009 21:40

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Apr 2009 21:42

Schards#2 We are the worst team in the history of football to still have automatic promotion in our own hands at this stage of the season.
Birmingham notwithstanding

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 Apr 2009 22:25

I wouldn't say it was all dull and uninspiring. There were five minutes at the end when Shane Long suddenly rediscovered his touch and Kitson went into the penalty area and there were a couple of good crosses into the box and I thought we were going to score...

...but we didn't.
:cry:

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 04 Apr 2009 22:27

AthleticoSpizz
Schards#2 We are the worst team in the history of football to still have automatic promotion in our own hands at this stage of the season.
Birmingham notwithstanding
I think Brum would have to average a gd of +4 per game for it not to be in our own hands, so unlikely.
Then again, not as unlikely as us winning the next 6 :cry:

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 04 Apr 2009 23:18

dreadful game generally, we played like we had as much to play for as them. it was very dull.

on a side note, i thought that, despite having quite a few fans there, our support was oxf*rd shit today. it was only a couple of hundred near the back who tried to get things going.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 04 Apr 2009 23:37

what summed our performance was when we had a corner in the last minute. instead of swinging it in, we played it short and lost it.

centre backs gave away needless fouls and Armstrong's distribution was awful, bit like Sonko's head. No one had a good game. Centre midfielders did nothing and we had no width until we made the subs,

All in all, the most boring game i've been to in a long while

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Apr 2009 00:15

No Hoops Oh for a goal.

Clean sheets, win games, but not if you don't score. Obvious I know. Some one will get a spanking soon. Lets hope it's a team that will actually come the Madjeski with the will to win rather than draw.

All in all, the glass is still half full not empty.

well it now has to be sheff utd on friday otherwise we are definately playoff material

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 05 Apr 2009 00:31

Every game we play will "kick start" our season apparently. When we realise that are actually crap and its time for certain people to move on? Changes should have been made at half time. Not on the obligatory 70 minute mark as Coppell likes to adopt. People clapped at the end of the game. Why? We were gutless and uninspiring. We played as if we have nothing to play for this season. We're just lucky Preston are 7 points behind us otherwise playoffs would look optimistic.