Back from The game Sheff Utd

152 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: Back from The game Sheff Utd

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Apr 2009 20:53

howser Little-----5----------Added a little bit, but definately not the player he was and in all honesty doesn't give us much
Tabb-------3----------Never worked out why we bought him, lucky not to get sent off, 2 minutes after coming on.

What the f*ck :shock: :shock:

I thought Tabb was very good when he came on. So good to see someone tackle hard, not pull out of a challenges, and put some passes in.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 10 Apr 2009 20:54

feel so dejected after that performance. was just not good enough.

-why was there no defenders or centre midfielders on the bench

-we miss ivar BIG TIME

-doobs, tiresome hoofball

-marcus, good keeper, kicking shocking, Feds has to be back in on Monday, hes done nothing wrong

-whats happend to our ''7mil'' kevin doyle, he never looked like scoring today, did he even have a shot?

-we havent scored in ages, lita scores 4 in the week yet cant make the squad...

-nhunt looked so lively against cov when he came on yet only gets bought on with 10mins to go

-marek was most creative player on that pitch yet bought off

-if rosienior played the way kelly did today then we wouldnt hear the end of it, ill say it now LIABILITY today i know hes young but he was!

-sad seeing blakey giving his all when it is clear to see he aint the same player we used to have. the man is a legend still

+ tabb put in a brave performance in the middle

+ we actually created two chances today (more than i can remember for a while) and kits was unlucky with both

+ if the last few months hadnt scared of our ''prem fans'' today would off, i thought today was meant to have a ''special atmosphere'', fair play to lads who moved over to the west but i didnt think it worked and would surely be better if we had everyone together in the y24/25/26 trying?

+ weekend in blackpool ahead 8)

team for blackpool:

federici, rosienior, pearce, bikey, stretch, tabb, marek, cisse(if fit), nhunt (on right), lita, Kitson

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Apr 2009 20:55

I must have been watching a different match to most of you. I thought Marek had a poor game and consistently gave the ball away whilst trying to play a simple pass.

Kitson was awful too, although at elast he had a couple of decent efforts on goal.

Doyle might as well have not been on the pitch and WHY IS HE CAPTAIN? He does not rally the troops and whilst Cisse was injured he showed no concern at all and just stood on the edge of the penalty area with his hands on his hips. Speak to the team, encourage them, organise them.....

The defence were OK and Kelly looks better than Rosenior, however I thought Armstrong had a poor match.

Shunt performance was better than he has put in and Kebe was dangerous as usual without an end product.

tlcs

by tlcs » 10 Apr 2009 21:01

Wycombe Royal I must have been watching a different match to most of you. I thought Marek had a poor game and consistently gave the ball away whilst trying to play a simple pass.

Kitson was awful too, although at elast he had a couple of decent efforts on goal.

Doyle might as well have not been on the pitch and WHY IS HE CAPTAIN? He does not rally the troops and whilst Cisse was injured he showed no concern at all and just stood on the edge of the penalty area with his hands on his hips. Speak to the team, encourage them, organise them.....

The defence were OK and Kelly looks better than Rosenior, however I thought Armstrong had a poor match.

Shunt performance was better than he has put in and Kebe was dangerous as usual without an end product.

You must be watching with rose tinted glasses....if you think Kelly was OK

YOU ARE A MUG

Kebe dangerous....only to himself
SHunt was dire

You must have been listening on a radio because you must be blind

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 21:06

Wycombe Royal I must have been watching a different match to most of you. I thought Marek had a poor game and consistently gave the ball away whilst trying to play a simple pass.

What utter bollocks!

Marek worked his bollox off in the middle of the park and was the only one trying to create anything
Kitson won everything in the air and was unfortunate not to score considering the lack of service
I am yet to understand the value of a captain in a football team. Will someone please enlighten me
The back 4 were fairly solid. We were unfortunate to lose to a really spawny goal. How many saves did Marcus really have to make?
Stephen Hunt. Let me spell it out for you Wycombe Royal because you are obviously retarded and need things explained in very simple terms:

Stephen Hunt is shit. He is useless. He contributed absolutely nothing - unless you want to take into account that he deflected Brian -Howard's shot into the goal. He is a vastly over-rated overpaid show pony.

I wont even waste my time responding to your deluded opinion of Jimmy Kebe.

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 10 Apr 2009 21:09

Terminal Boardom

What utter bollocks!

Marek worked his bollox off in the middle of the park and was the only one trying to create anything
Kitson won everything in the air and was unfortunate not to score considering the lack of service
I am yet to understand the value of a captain in a football team. Will someone please enlighten me
The back 4 were fairly solid. We were unfortunate to lose to a really spawny goal. How many saves did Marcus really have to make?
Stephen Hunt. Let me spell it out for you Wycombe Royal because you are obviously retarded and need things explained in very simple terms:

Stephen Hunt is shit. He is useless. He contributed absolutely nothing - unless you want to take into account that he deflected Brian -Howard's shot into the goal. He is a vastly over-rated overpaid show pony.

I wont even waste my time responding to your deluded opinion of Jimmy Kebe.

Agreed. Kitson was man of the match IMHO. Marek and Tabb both played well as well.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Apr 2009 21:14

tlcs

YOU ARE A MUG

SHunt was dire

At least I can comment without resorting to insults.

Marek gives the ball away too much and he puts us on the back foot because of it. In a five man midfield he will work but not in a 4 man midfield as it leaves the other central midfielder with far too much to do. I agree he put a lot of effort in today but as a crwative force he wasn't up to it.

Kebe whilst having no end product does pull defenders out of position and links up well with his full back. Little provided very little when he came on and did NOTHING at Coventry.

Also I never said SHunt was good, I just said he was better than his recent performances.

And as for Kelly, yes he some mistakes but at least he looks to pass or run the ball out of defence and not hoof it every opportunity like Rosenior.
Last edited by Wycombe Royal on 10 Apr 2009 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Apr 2009 21:14

I'd happily have a Marek and Tabb central midfield.

Tabb can't half tackle

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 10 Apr 2009 21:16

USA - 4 - Distribution was terrible, every time they had a chance I was certain they'd score.

Kelly - 5 - Was a bit dodgy. I thought going forward he was good though.
Doobs - 4 - Shocking
Bikey - 6 - Thought he was okay actually, our best striker IMO.
Armstrong - 6 - MOTM i guess. Did fine. Like always.

Kebe - 5 - Didn't think he did that much wrong tbh. He'll probably be the scapegoat though.
Cisse - 5 - Was tackling well before he went off, we missed him.
Marek - 6 - Thought he was good today, although the usual misplaced pass happened.
S. Hunt - 4 - Poor.

Kitson - 5 - Unlucky with the header off the bar.
Doyle - 5 - Worked hard but never looked like scoring.

Subs
Tabb - 5 - Thought he looked better in the middle. Good tackles and passing.
N. Hunt - 5 - Too late for him to do anything
Little - 5 - Meh was okay when he came on.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 10 Apr 2009 21:20

John Madejski's Wallet I'd happily have a Marek and Tabb central midfield.

Tabb can't half tackle

Yes he can for a little guy...studs high with one challenge though. Would certainly start him on Monday.
Not sure about Matejovsky. Whatever he does just never seems to come off. Would like another look at their goal which started off with them winning the ball off Matejovsky. Not saying he was at fault but he doesn't have much technique when it comes to tackling.
I think he has been a disappointment. How many goals has he created in his time at the club?

tlcs

by tlcs » 10 Apr 2009 21:23

Wycombe Royal
tlcs

YOU ARE A MUG

SHunt was dire

At least I can comment without resorting to insults.

Marek gives the ball away too much and he puts us on the back foot because of it. In a five man midfield he will work but not in a 4 man midfield as it leaves the other central midfielder with far too much to do. I agree he put a lot of effort in today but as a crwative force he wasn't up to it.

Kebe whilst having no end product does pull defenders out of position and links up well with his full back. Little provided very little when he came on and did NOTHING at Coventry.

Also I never said SHunt was good, I just said he was better than his recent performances.

And as for Kelly, yes he some mistakes but at least he looks to pass or run the ball out of defence and not hoof it every opportunity like Rosenior.

I think it must be something to do with where you sit in the stadium , im guessing but do you sit
in the north stand or do you have resticted viewing ??

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 21:27

tlcs I think it must be something to do with where you sit in the stadium , im guessing but do you sit
in the north stand or do you have resticted viewing ??

Nothing to see when "watching the radio" :lol:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 21:30

What did shunt and Doyle contribute to today?

Or am I committing the cardinal sin in questioning the efforts of the greatest player ever to wear a Reading shirt?

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 10 Apr 2009 21:32

To be honest im fed up with this shit, two seasons on the trot after Christmas. I wish the season ended today so we could start playing for next year and get rid of the dead wood in our squad.

Marcus - Get rid. Shocking distribution and should have taken the cross from which they scored.
Kelly - Keep. Nervous, but a future right back.
Bikey - Keep. If he will stay, quality defender to play alongside Ivar next year.
Doobs - Get rid. SHITE. I wont say anymore.
Armstrong - Keep. Most consistent performer this year.
S Hunt - Get rid. Going backwards fast. No end product - time is up.
Cisse - Keep. Bags of potential, our only ball winning midfielder.
Matejovsky - Keep. If we can. Too clever for his team mates.
Kebe - Keep. Needs to show what he can do consistently. Poor crosses followed by brilliance when Kitson hit the bar.
Doyle - Keep. If we can. Off form but great player when he is getting the right service.
Kitson - Keep if he s free! Lacklustre performance.

N Hunt - Keep. Should be starting instead of Kitson.
Tabb - Keep. Best performer today. 100% effort and a touch of class.
Little - Get rid. Legend, but past it now.

Looking forward to next season, we have to build our team around youth, and in particular James Henry and Jem Karacan.

Starting lineup in Championship next season:

Federici
Rosenior
Ingimarsson
Bikey
Armstrong
Henry
Karacan
Cisse
Tabb
N Hunt
Doyle

Subs:

Anderson
Pearce
Matejovsky
Kebe
Lita

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 Apr 2009 21:33

Doyle is always out wide doing what a winger needs to be doing. He needs to be in the mix, not picking up scraps.

bn2001uk

by bn2001uk » 10 Apr 2009 21:39

I struggle to understand what has happened to the team that was terrorising defences earlier in the season.

We look completely clueless with the ball often demonstrated by Bikey and Duberry's hoofs in the air when quite clearly a little bit of composure was needed.
There is no leadership at all - in fact you can't hear anyone shouting or trying to gee the team up at all. That's not a recipe for success in professional sports team.

Marcus - sorry mate, your time is up. Your kicking is shocking and if I was Federici and I wasn't brought back in, I'd be looking for another team.

Coppell - what exactly are your tactics? Bringing off the most creative midfielder in a game we needed to win was strange to say the least.

Personally, I'd like to see this team broken up and some new faces brought in....we have gone stale.
Marcus, Doobs, Kebe, Shunt and Coppell out.

I can't understand anyone criticising Tabb, he seemed one of the few to actually appear to be trying in the game.

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 10 Apr 2009 21:43

But where was the left wing today, esepcially in the second half - it was non-existHUNT ! Sorry, couldn't resist that one.....I'm tired and now going to bed. nevermind,lads.......there's always next season.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 21:50

In the words of Hugh Cornwell, "Something Better Change".

As posted elsewhere (English for I can't be arsed to look), I have said that changes in the backroom staff are needed. We are fortunate to have someone like Coppell in charge and we should be grateful that he wants to be here. Do we want to be responsible for forcing him out? I don't think so. The car park mob at the start of the season were right to do what they did.

Also, there are obviously some people in the squad who are not delivering. This is where SSC, NH and co need to be strong and get rid. What we need are players prepared to die for the club and be proud to wear the shirt. Unfortunately, the way I see it there are too many simply going through the motions and cheating the supporters who pay really good money to watch the crap that has been witnessed since the start of the year. There are also plenty in the squad who should not be for one reason or another.

Those to move on at the end of the season (excluding loan players as they will go back from whence they came):

Marcus
Cisse
Doobs
Kebe
Shunt
Doyle
Harps
Lita
Long
Ivar
Fed
Boris

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 10 Apr 2009 21:52

[quote="Basingstoke Royal"]To be honest im fed up with this shit, two seasons on the trot after Christmas. I wish the season ended today so we could start playing for next year and get rid of the dead wood in our squad.

Spot. on...............we're a laughing stock and the whole lot of them are a disgrace to the shirt....look how much it meant to then at the final whistle compared to us , RFC ....Dead Men Walking

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 21:55

Gunny Fishcake
Basingstoke Royal To be honest im fed up with this shit, two seasons on the trot after Christmas. I wish the season ended today so we could start playing for next year and get rid of the dead wood in our squad.

Spot. on...............we're a laughing stock and the whole lot of them are a disgrace to the shirt....look how much it meant to then at the final whistle compared to us , RFC ....Dead Men Walking

So they were not shit loads of empty seats I saw at the final whistle?

152 posts