Back from the game - Blackpool

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Blackpool

by Big Foot » 14 Apr 2009 11:12

Karacan and Matejovsky would be a good partnership IMO

Not a clue what Coppell was playing at bringing Kitson on for Kebe only to then bring Little on for Long 10 minutes later.

Good cross from Kelly for the 2nd goal although it was about the only time he completed a successful pass :|

Little is just embarrassing at times, he's about as mobile as Sir Stanley Matthews' corpse and even on Easter weekend he didn't have a clue what a cross was :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Apr 2009 11:15

To me the most significant thing was Steve Coppell coming over to wave to the fans - looked like a "goodbye" to me. Has he done that before?

sounded like a thanks to the fans for the long trip ending in disapointment, and admission of embrarrassment at how the team let us down second half from my vantage point in crowthorne

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Apr 2009 11:24

I got that impression Brendy. A reversal of the team walking off the pitch at the SU game despite being totally pissed off.
I think Coppell and the team were just happy not being booed of the pitch. A tiny plattitude really.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 14 Apr 2009 15:37

Got back at half 9 last night but have only been able to post on here now as i started a new job at 6am this morning! Anyway,

Firstly, Preston is a DUMP. Blackpool, really, isn't that much better tbh. Pleasure beach was fun and the 2nd half of the match yesterday was very very poor and frustrating. Well done to Noel for scoring a goal, goals he had been scoring earlier on in the season, but it seemed that when he tried to do the same as he did in the first half, from free kicks or corners, the goalie picked up our tactic and i think its fairly safe to say, we have run out of ideas on how to score! 2nd half, we could've made it 3-2 or 3-1 (i cant remember!) but NONE of the players had a go. Very very poor. TBH I seriously do not know what Kitson is doing in our team, he looks like a lost soul out there! We are going no where this season, Wolves, on the other hand may be promoted this weekend. Sigh.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 14 Apr 2009 16:19

- Lovely weather
- Excellent pub
- Actually enjoyed the temporary stand - nerest thing you get to a terrace these days.
- Er.......
- Pity about the football - absolutely dire.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Apr 2009 16:32

Not sure what to add other than I'm getting used to watching us struggle against crap but willing opposition. Every team just needs to hustle us and we give up doing anything creative and revert to hoofing.

Even when went 2-0 up it was hard to get excited, as I really had no confidence we'd hang on to it. Blackpool really were dire, I think they only had 2 shots on target and never troubled Marcus all game. The ref was a typical homer we always seem to get away but never at home, the two bookings were ridiculous.

The only bright spot was Karacan and Tabb in midfield, at least we got stuck in before hoofing it. Hunt and Kebe were dire, Long and Kitson poor, we missed Doyle.

We really should hang on to get to the play offs, but I'm not sure I'll bother going to any of the games.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 14 Apr 2009 16:33

Face in the crowd.

Spotted, JSC immediately behind Bikey's left hand.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Apr 2009 17:22

We really should hang on to get to the play offs, but I'm not sure I'll bother going to any of the games.

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 14 Apr 2009 17:36

Pat MaGroyne

by Pat MaGroyne » 14 Apr 2009 17:39

BenReadingFC Bloomfield Road

Spotted: BB0118? talking to Michelle Sonko?

:lol:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 14 Apr 2009 17:39

Jerry St Clair Face in the crowd.

Spotted, JSC immediately behind Bikey's left hand.

thats got to be called the Bikey, why is he dancing???

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Apr 2009 17:40

Pat MaGroyne

he did say he "knew" her

though not like sonko did

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Apr 2009 20:00

brendywendy
Pat MaGroyne

he did say he "knew" her

though not like sonko did

I can't see him, where is he? :o

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Apr 2009 20:07

At least you kept me out of this one Ben.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Apr 2009 20:10

You must have been sitting really close to me.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 14 Apr 2009 20:54

Dirk Gently

I was in the seat right behind you Dirk when I took that pic. I moved shortly after kickoff to the back off the stand in the same area so I could stand up during the game.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 14 Apr 2009 20:57

Another reason for wanting to move was someone dropped a right smelly fart. I blame the kid who was sat next to us. :lol:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Apr 2009 21:02

BenReadingFC
Dirk Gently

I was in the seat right behind you Dirk when I took that pic. I moved shortly after kickoff to the back off the stand in the same area so I could stand up during the game.

You should have said "hello!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 15 Apr 2009 09:10

I was sitting opposite Dirk, I was waiting for you to say hello to me ;)

Nice piece in their program you did.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 15 Apr 2009 12:24

Well 30 minutes of bliss followed by 60 minutes of utter shit, anyway, enough about my weekend in the strip clubs.

USA - Piss poor distribution as always, I have no idea why he is keeping AFed out of the team (6/10)

Stretch - Defensively sound and always crunching in the tackle, only man that seems committed to the cause. Offensively, pretty average and doesn't offer a great over lap option. (7/10)

Bikey - Probably his worst game for us, both goals down to him being the wrong side of the attacker for the first and trying to claim offside :| Then poor communication with Kelly for the second when he was caught up near our own half way line (4/10)

Doobs - Considering he was captain, I was expecting to hear the riot act after both goals. Just seemed to sulk off like the rest of the team. His distribution is poor but defensively he is more than capable at this level (6/10)

Kelly - Probably harming his progress at the moment, he doesn't need to be in the pressure cooker that is our current situation. Low confidence, very nervous and physically unable to hold his ground defensively. His first time balls in particular are of poor quality, I lost count of how many times it pinged off his foot into the crowd. His performance was saved by the cross for the second goal (6/10)

SHunt - Can't beat a man, can't put in a cross, mentally left us in January and unable to turn it around. Will need replacing (5/10)

Karajan - Lively, box to box, hard tackling and in the right place for the goal. Reminded me a little of Sidwell in his pomp. Hasn't got the experience to take a game by the scruff of the neck and his passing could do with being better but good signs for the future. Needs to bulk up, lack of fitness showed second half. (7/10)

Tabb - Looked more comfortable in the middle and another man who never backs out of a challenge. Probably didn't help in having the inexperience of Jem next to him but was tidy enough. Needs a big spoiling midfielder to get the best out of him IMHO (6/10)

Kebe - Didn't look up for it and certainly has the foreign disease of looking for a free kick rather than trying to beat a man. Linked fairly well with Kelly but his crossing is very poor and you just don't know what he is going to do next (5/10)

NHunt - Looked his old self, like his aggression up front. Took his goal well and always a threat in the air, must keep for next season (7/10)

Long - Ran all day but his lack of first touch meant that he struggled to beat the defender when presented with an opportunity to strip them for pace (6/10)

Subs

Kitson - No idea why he is back here, would have been better off with Lita or Doyle or even Mooney recalled if possible. Doesn't look interested, doesn't put himself about and seems unlikely to win much in the air when he bothers to jump for it. (5/10)

Little - Tried as much as he could but his powers are fading and his lack of pace left us massively exposed when he came into the middle. Sorry Glenn but your time is up (5/10)