Team for Norwich

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

Team for Norwich

by AlexY25 » 24 Apr 2009 23:34

Considering Doyle and Armstrong are back in contention, I think there might be a change in the team.
But it's good to see we have a strong look now and look to have settled one or two things.
I think Kebe on the left and Little on the right is the obvious thing to do. Kebe and Little both looked much improved on tuesday, with Karacan and Tabb cementing positions in the middle.
I'd go with the same team but having Stretch back (not that Harding did anything wrong) and have the added bonus of having Doyler as a sub.

USA

Rosenior
Bikey
Doobs
Armstrong

Little
Karacan
Tabb
Kebe

Long
Kitson

Subs: Federici, Shunt, Doyle, Matejovsky, Cisse

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

Re: Team for Norwich

by seahawk10 » 24 Apr 2009 23:38

I would go with the same squad, add Armstrong and Doyle to the bench.
No time to fark around, stick with what worked.

USA

Rosenior
Doobs
Bikey
Harding

Little
Karacan
Tabb
Kebe

Long
Kitson

Subs: Federici, Cisse, Marek, Doyle, Armstrong

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 24 Apr 2009 23:47

I read 2 conflicting statements in Coppell's interview. The first was his predictable comment of not changing a winning side. I totally agree with that, especially after the performance at Derby. The second was that if we're destined for the play-offs maybe he should rest a few key players and have them ready for the play-offs. I think that would be a grave error. We've had an awful run and finally found a team that has played well together and produced the goods. They should be given a chance to gel over the final 2 games and develop more confidence and understanding. They're modern professionals, they can hack 5 games a season or so, and considering our cup performances.......Add to that the rotation. Armstrong and Rosenior are the only players in there who have played every week that they're available.

For me it has to be the same team that beat Derby. However, if Brum don't lose to Preston I expect a few changes and hope for Norwich at the end of the night.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Apr 2009 00:04

seahawk10 I would go with the same squad, add Armstrong and Doyle to the bench.
No time to fark around, stick with what worked.

USA

Rosenior
Doobs
Bikey
Harding

Little
Karacan
Tabb
Kebe

Long
Kitson

Subs: Federici, Cisse, Marek, Doyle, Armstrong
what he said

(injury aside) why mess with a winning team

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Apr 2009 00:10

I think Harding should stay in. Seahawk is spot on. Doyle only to come on if needed and pushing for the result if we already haven't got it.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 25 Apr 2009 01:13

I recon we should wait until after Preston on Saturday. Surely if we're still mathematically possible for promotion he should field his strongest side because IIRC he wants to get this season finished so he can get to America for his son's graduation.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Apr 2009 09:05

rhroyal I read 2 conflicting statements in Coppell's interview. The first was his predictable comment of not changing a winning side. I totally agree with that, especially after the performance at Derby. The second was that if we're destined for the play-offs maybe he should rest a few key players and have them ready for the play-offs. I think that would be a grave error. We've had an awful run and finally found a team that has played well together and produced the goods. They should be given a chance to gel over the final 2 games and develop more confidence and understanding. They're modern professionals, they can hack 5 games a season or so, and considering our cup performances.......Add to that the rotation. Armstrong and Rosenior are the only players in there who have played every week that they're available.

For me it has to be the same team that beat Derby. However, if Brum don't lose to Preston I expect a few changes and hope for Norwich at the end of the night.

Completely agreed. Even if we are only destined for play-offs we need to get some form and momentum going into it. Chopping and changing the team will make that imposible.

Coppell knows that, I reckon he only said the second bit to keep Norwich guessing.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 25 Apr 2009 10:39

Why not get Duberry out and put Pearce in...thats the normal change that everybody demands week in week out.

Not for me though I hasten to add.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 25 Apr 2009 11:22

i don't think Coppell will choose his team until BIrmingham and Sheff Utd games on saturday.

If they both lose then i think it will be the same team. However if Birmingham get promoted then i think there will be changes to keep the squad fresh

percy freeman fanclub

by percy freeman fanclub » 25 Apr 2009 13:22

it has to be the same team as against derby but with armstrong in for harding. not that harding did anything wrong but armstrong will probally know the team better and how they play so i would go with him.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 25 Apr 2009 14:20

We have changed our team pretty much every game in some capacity for the past 2/3 months so why does Coppell think he needs to rest players ahead of the play off's, if indeed that is where are destined, just as he has finally found a winning team. I say keep the winning team and let them take the winning momentum into the play offs hopefully on the back of a couple of decent results against Norwich and Brum.

I can't imagine the likes of Bikey, Karacan, Tabb, Kitson, Long etc are tired after missing large chunks of the season at one point or another

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 25 Apr 2009 14:58

Shane Long has scored 1 goal in ages, he's still a dreadful player. With the service that Karacan and Tabb can deliver, Doyle would score a lot more goals the reason he hasn't recently hasn't been his fault. He works 10 times harder than Long and has more quality

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 25 Apr 2009 15:07

Perhaps it's Doyle's heart that is in queston and not his ability to score goals... He was dropped after Downes said it was time to look into every players eyes and see who has the fight in them. There's no doubting Doyle as a striker, but he along with Hunt both have this "we belong in the Prem" attitude, and I don't like it.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 25 Apr 2009 16:03

Why change a team that works?
Same again.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 25 Apr 2009 19:35

After todays results we have to play our best combintion at Carrow Road and that has to be tha same side that played so well at Derby on Tuesday, maybe bring Armstrong back, but Harding did nothing wrong, so for me go with what has played by far the best football for us over the last few weeks.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Apr 2009 20:20

Play the same team with (player of the season and substitute) Stretch patrolling the touchline

marekisgod

by marekisgod » 25 Apr 2009 20:58

Marcus
Rosey
Stertch
Bikey
Dobbs
Tabb
Carrotcan
Marek
Shunt
Kebbe
Kits

Attack attack attack :mrgreen:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Apr 2009 21:33

marekisgod Attack attack attack :mrgreen:

No need - the great thing is that Norwich need to win to stay up, so they'll come and attack us. Then we'll get plenty of chances to break.

We're always at our best playing against teams who come at us - hit them on the break and we'll do fine, so pace and width should be the order of the day. Same as at Derby, please.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2009 00:46

If they're smart they'll play for the draw first half, then try and blitz us in the first 15 of the second.

If they set up for an attacking game from the start they're playing into our hands.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 26 Apr 2009 00:53

Deffo same team as Derby in my opinion

Doyler and Stretch on the bench tho......

Coppell would be a fool to change the team now....