Hob Nob Addict

Re: This would be amazing

by SLAMMED » 26 Apr 2009 00:48

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Twists and shocks of this season..

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Apr 2009 08:25

Watch it all twist again on monday when norwich beat us or get a point.

We then beat birmingham on the last day and send sheffield united up. Wouldn't suprise me.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Twists and shocks of this season..

by Avon Royal » 26 Apr 2009 08:34

FiNeRaIn Watch it all twist again on monday when norwich beat us or get a point.

We then beat birmingham on the last day and send sheffield united up. Wouldn't suprise me.

Would be happy with that.

Get Sheffield United out the way and focus on the play-offs.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 26 Apr 2009 10:25

FiNeRaIn Watch it all twist again on monday when norwich beat us or get a point.

...or bother me.

I've already accepted the play-offs, anything else would be a shock.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 26 Apr 2009 10:40

anything regarding us for automatic is purely a bonus at this stage for us. no one was expecting it and if it happens it will be amazing. if it doesnt happen i think i speak for a lot of people by saying i hope we keep brum in the play offs

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 26 Apr 2009 12:01

Deathy I've already accepted the play-offs, anything else would be a shock.

'Greed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2009 13:33

Play offs were the main target for the season, with a realistic hope of automatics.

We've done our best to throw away autos, but it's still definitely going to the penultimate game of the season, and may well go to the final one.

Good enough for me.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 27 Apr 2009 18:56

Ian Royal Play offs were the main target for the season, with a realistic hope of automatics.

We've done our best to throw away autos, but it's still definitely going to the penultimate game of the season, and may well go to the final one.

Good enough for me.

'greed.

And it has been much more exciting the last few games. Long may our form continue!

blade 1

by blade 1 » 27 Apr 2009 21:57

Believe me.

Sheffield united do not get promoted on the last day of the season. I still think you'll go up.

We are the team that goes down on the last day of a season on goal difference (twice) and looses in the play offs (twice) and gets to the cup semi final 5 times but never the final.

It just doesn't happen, we'll freeze on the day and get stung in the last min.

I am still hoping you can do us a favour cos, the 5hour journey home will be aweful otherwise.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 27 Apr 2009 23:26

Jackson Corner
NR_Royal Just did my predictor again. Look how awesome the table could look on the final day.

1 Wolves 92 +31
2 Reading 80 +34
3 Sheff U 80 +25
4 Cardiff 80 +18
5 Birmingham 80 +14
6 Burnley 78 +11

Now that would be a great day. :D

If that happens I will believe in miracles

Could you be preparing to give your life up to God.....?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Apr 2009 23:28

rhroyal
Jackson Corner
NR_Royal Just did my predictor again. Look how awesome the table could look on the final day.

1 Wolves 92 +31
2 Reading 80 +34
3 Sheff U 80 +25
4 Cardiff 80 +18
5 Birmingham 80 +14
6 Burnley 78 +11

Could you be preparing to give your life up to God.....?

If Cardiff manage to get 6 points from their last game he is the Lord God Almighty himself.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 28 Apr 2009 12:22

Apologies if this has already been posted, but it now appears that Colin is hell bent on beating Sheff U on Sunday acording to the papers. Personally I think it's a total charade on his part due to the bad blood between him and Wally, I'm also sure that SImon Joran and Kevin McCabe will have something worked out in order to ensure Sheff U go up! :roll:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/Wo ... 5211930.jp

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 28 Apr 2009 12:27

Nezhen Apologies if this has already been posted, but it now appears that Colin is hell bent on beating Sheff U on Sunday acording to the papers. Personally I think it's a total charade on his part due to the bad blood between him and Wally, I'm also sure that SImon Joran and Kevin McCabe will have something worked out in order to ensure Sheff U go up! :roll:

Oh for the love of God, Warnock won't be throwing a game away to help Utd get promoted above our team because he doesn't like one of our coaching staff! He's a cock, yes, but he's a professional manager and won't be so petty in order to stop a team's chances of promotion by helping the opposition. Give it a rest!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Apr 2009 12:42

im not sure its his hatred for wally

but more his oft publicised total hatred for RFC as a whole
he sees us as everything bad about football

still reckon he wont throw the game though
thats not to say that sheff u wont just win anyway

Cookie

by Cookie » 28 Apr 2009 13:28

brendywendy im not sure its his hatred for wally

but more his oft publicised total hatred for RFC as a whole
he sees us as everything bad about football

still reckon he wont throw the game though
thats not to say that sheff u wont just win anyway

You're right, take a look at any current form table and no matter how you cut it Sheffield Unites are always at the top and Palace are mostly in the bottom 3 or 4.
Here's one I used earlier. http://weekendfootball.co.uk/statistics/form.asp

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 28 Apr 2009 13:34

Jackson Corner

1 Wolves 92 +31
2 Reading 80 +34
3 Sheff U 80 +25
4 Cardiff 80 +18
5 Birmingham 80 +14
6 Burnley 78 +11

Start believing. :D

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 28 Apr 2009 13:45

Nezhen Apologies if this has already been posted, but it now appears that Colin is hell bent on beating Sheff U on Sunday acording to the papers. Personally I think it's a total charade on his part due to the bad blood between him and Wally, I'm also sure that SImon Joran and Kevin McCabe will have something worked out in order to ensure Sheff U go up! :roll:

You don't even have to read between the lines, do you? Creaming it over how great the Blades' fans are - "they asked for more and of course I said yes because I know what they're like". And he's talking about using kids - "although you can't really against United". Yeah, right.

Fortunately, once the players step over the white line, Warnock only has limited control over what happens. Here's hoping professional pride makes the Palace players determined to finish on a high.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Apr 2009 13:49

There's no pressure on the Palace players to prove anything - whereas it's all on Seffield United.

But ultimately the decision on who finishes higher between us and Sheffield United was decided on Goof Friday at the MadStad. Losing that game stops us griping about anything that happens at Palace.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 28 Apr 2009 13:50

RoyalBird

Oh for the love of God, Warnock won't be throwing a game away to help Utd get promoted above our team because he doesn't like one of our coaching staff! He's a cock, yes, but he's a professional manager and won't be so petty in order to stop a team's chances of promotion by helping the opposition. Give it a rest!

In last night's Standard he was reported to be planning to release 10 players - names to follow after the SU game - several possibles were mentioned (incl Oster)... so they are going to be really motivated aren't they.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 28 Apr 2009 13:58

Dirk Gently There's no pressure on the Palace players to prove anything - whereas it's all on Seffield United.

But ultimately the decision on who finishes higher between us and Sheffield United was decided on Good Friday at the MadStad. Losing that game stops us griping about anything that happens at Palace.

True. No matter what happens on Sunday, it was us who threw away the autopromotion chance over and over again during the last two months or so.

I think if Palace go behind, that'll be it; they won't have the edge to fight for a result. But as we saw when we played them away, if they stay tight in the first quarter they might just start enjoying themselves against an increasingly nervous opposition.

Whatever, having given up on auto promotion I'm determined just to try to enjoy the atmosphere on the day. Let's hope it's as good as last season's atmosphere, but with a happier outcome this time.