To the East Stand: please stop 'supporting' my club

163 posts
rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: To the East Stand: please stop 'supporting' my club

by rhroyal » 04 May 2009 00:08

Against Sheff Utd and sensed a lot of nerves and negativity amongst the fans and they were quick to get on the players' back. It was nothing like that today. Electric atmosphere before kick off that continued throughout, and we very rarely shouted at our own players out of frustration. Even in injury time we were making noise, beginning rounds of "Que Sera Sera". And do you know what made me angry? At the final whistle the players shook a few Brum hands before heading straight inside without acknowledging the effort we made. I know they would have been disappointed, but there really is no excuse in my view. My voice was sore even before kick-off, let alone by the end of the game. We remained positive when it was obvious it was over. What did the players give us back? Nothing. Just straight inside. If we go out against Burnley I at least expect them to acknowledge any input the fans make then.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 May 2009 00:26

royalexile
2 world wars, 1 world cup Yeah I'm a twat for pointing out that the support at the MAdstad is bad. - agreed

Because actually it's fantastic. - agreed

And we sung really well today. - - agreed

Really got behind the team. - agreed

And we haven't had a problem playing at home. - - disagreed

And the people who point out my twatness are very intelligent clearly. - agreed

Get your heads out of the f*cking sand. - ok

I agreed with a lot of that. :wink:

Hehe :P

Tango Horribly

by Tango Horribly » 04 May 2009 11:32

rhroyal Against Sheff Utd and sensed a lot of nerves and negativity amongst the fans and they were quick to get on the players' back. It was nothing like that today. Electric atmosphere before kick off that continued throughout, and we very rarely shouted at our own players out of frustration. Even in injury time we were making noise, beginning rounds of "Que Sera Sera". And do you know what made me angry? At the final whistle the players shook a few Brum hands before heading straight inside without acknowledging the effort we made. I know they would have been disappointed, but there really is no excuse in my view. My voice was sore even before kick-off, let alone by the end of the game. We remained positive when it was obvious it was over. What did the players give us back? Nothing. Just straight inside. If we go out against Burnley I at least expect them to acknowledge any input the fans make then.

When we lose to Burnley they will definitely do the standard end of season jog and clap

163 posts