Bikey is not the messiah he's a twunt.

shoey

Re: Bikey is not the messiah he's a twunt.

by shoey » 03 May 2009 20:40

kebe is the last person i want, murts can do a better job than kelly or rosey

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 03 May 2009 20:44

No he cant.

I like how everyone has forgotten about how well Kebe played on monday night. If it wasn't for his two crosses, we wouldn't have even been in a position to fight for automatic.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 May 2009 20:47

SLAMMED No he cant.

I like how everyone has forgotten about how well Kebe played on monday night. If it wasn't for his two crosses, we wouldn't have even been in a position to fight for automatic.

If he wasn't absolutely atrocious against Sheffield United and Blackpool and 90% of other games I've seen this season maybe we'd have been promoted.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 03 May 2009 20:47

So it's Kebe's fault we missed out on an automatic spot?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 May 2009 20:50

No, it's Coppell's for signing and picking the likes of him, Duberry and others.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 03 May 2009 21:15

Royalee No, it's Coppell's for signing and picking the likes of him, Duberry and others.

I don't think I like you or your opinions.
Kebe has proved this season that he can be a nifty little winger, but he completely lacks consistency. I'm sure that can be improved over the summer.
Duberry is experienced and at this time of the season, experience can mean more than ability. We need him, and I don't care if he's worse than Sodje, he is experienced.

wichygbloke

by wichygbloke » 03 May 2009 21:25

Bikey was one of the few today who you could actually say played alright today....Which makes me wonder if you watched the game today? Especially as there are ~ another 6-7 players who were really Oxf*rd!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 May 2009 21:27

Bikey is immense in both stature and as a player! Today he was great. I often have my heart in my mouth when he makes a tackle in the box or just outside though.

wichygbloke

by wichygbloke » 03 May 2009 21:32

Royal Lady Bikey is immense in both stature and as a player! Today he was great. I often have my heart in my mouth when he makes a tackle in the box or just outside though.

+ 1 (Definately!) :D

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 May 2009 22:21

SLAMMED
PEARCEY Nobody has ever said Bikey is a Messiah. He's far from perfect but is comfortably our best central defender.

Spot on. He makes it look effortless sometimes.

Yep, but for some reason he always has to do it in the most difficult way - instead of playing the easy ball he plays a much harder one, which is much more likely to go wrong. If he concentrated on the basics and took fewer risks he'd be superb - as it is he's always a worry.

Blue Biscuit

by Blue Biscuit » 03 May 2009 22:34

I thought Bikey had a good game today, but he does make the easy stuff look difficult. All too often he chooses the difficult pass when retaining possession should be the order of the day.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 03 May 2009 22:35

AP - I thought BK played really well today. You're right re his positional sense, but it rarely seems to cost us. He's usually able to make it up. We haven't had many centre halves over the years who can combine his physicality and footballing ability.

Tango Horribly

by Tango Horribly » 04 May 2009 11:33

statto utter nonsense.

Bikey dominated everything in the air, he played the ball out of defence well and outpaced their front two on a number of occassions, he's the best centre back we have by miles and I can't believe people can't see that.

Quick, strong, good reader of the game, good in the air, can pass, a goal threat, comfortable on the ball, what else do you want? I'm fairly sure we tried to get Rio Ferdinand in the summer but he's happy at United.

Get a grip.

yep

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 May 2009 11:41

Archie's penalty And he is HUGELY overweight - what the fcuk has he been eating?

What is it with football that it turns otherwise intelligent people into jibbering half-wits when things don't go well for their team? Bizarre.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 May 2009 11:43

I think Archie's penalty is a very naughty boy.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 May 2009 11:47

Bikey is far from flawless but he is one of very few of our players who is actually entertaining to watch with a modicum of skill. In the first half yesterday when he turned a Birmingham centre-forward and then sprayed the perfect long cross-field pass to (IIRC) Kebe it was probably the first time I have applauded a Reading player for about 6 months.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 04 May 2009 11:52

Took the words out of my um...fingers, Floyd - Bikey was a class above every player, including Brum. No other player could or did spray a 40 yard ball to feet.

Something SHunt could only do in his dreams.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 May 2009 11:56

Not only that, how many central defenders would you see jink past an oppo defender and put in an excellent cross as he did towards the end of the game?

Our best defender but I STILL think he could do a fine job in midfield... :oops:

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 04 May 2009 11:58

Agent Balti Took the words out of my um...fingers, Floyd - Bikey was a class above every player, including Brum. No other player could or did spray a 40 yard ball to feet.

Something SHunt could only do in his dreams.

Just the one pass that they highlighted on TV... the rest were god damn aweful.

I wrotea long reply as to why Bikey is certianly not the 'messiah' but deleted by accident. In a nut shell - decent defender, too casual, too many misplaced 'passes'. Im ok with the hoof out under pressure like Doobs does, but Bikey does the last ditch tackle because of his casualness, and this leave the attacker with his arse on the floor giving Bikey time to pick a pass which he normally boots to nobody.

Asfor him being our best defender, that is tosh. Ivar is the best defender we have because he 'defends'. Bikey can become very good, just needs a couple more years playing with an experienced pro, thats why the Bikey / Pearce combo is a big no no for me at present.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 04 May 2009 11:59

Can someone not be a bit negative after your team doesn't get promotion? :roll:

I agree with Floyd re: that pass but he is infuriating sometimes. And he is overweight.

I just think that Duberry gets a lot of criticism when Bikey makes the mistakes a lot of the time...
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 04 May 2009 12:01, edited 1 time in total.