Tuesday nighs game in perspective !!!

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading Vs Burnley 2nd Leg Sponsored by Optijisim

by RobRoyal » 09 May 2009 21:34

EPR
Vicky Pollard bikey out

Which is a GOOD THING based on tonights performance.

What utter shite. Bikey was superb and hardly put a foot wrong, then got the wrong side and conceeded a soft penalty (which may have been outside the box). Then he lost it, for which there is no excuse. But up until then his performance had been rock solid.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Reading Vs Burnley 2nd Leg Sponsored by Optijisim

by SouthDownsRoyal » 09 May 2009 21:36

We can still get through, reckon we will rise to the occasion, URZZZZZZZZZ

marekisgod

Tuesday nighs game in perspective !!!

by marekisgod » 09 May 2009 22:40

C'mon lets face it with better finishing we would have scored 3 today and the tie would be over and everyone would be posting positive comments instead of negative.
If Burnley play like that again i am more than confident we will prevail Tuesday as they were very poor in all areas.
So lets back the boys and make some noise 'C'mon u urz !'

Marek !

26-10-06

Re: Tuesday nighs game in perspective !!!

by 26-10-06 » 09 May 2009 22:55

Yes! Come On Reading, One Final Push!

They Really 'Aint That Good :!:

Alivey

by Alivey » 09 May 2009 22:56

Cmonurz !

Royal-DLG

by Royal-DLG » 09 May 2009 23:00

There gna park the bus, and we've found it incredibly hard to break teams down who come and do such a thing.

However, with (touchwood) a decent crowd, and an early goal, i reckon we can defo do it 8)

Que Cera, Cera.... etc etc

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 May 2009 23:05

Reading can't continue to be as rancid at home as they have been, it HAS got to change soon. Usually in a 2 legged tie as long as you are still in the game after the away leg it's a good result. Normally 1-0 down ok, that's not the end of the earth, 90mins at home to turn it around. It's just the home form has been that bad it's worrying no doubt.

But

as already said, it has to change soon. First goal is enormous on Tuesday because Reading in their current state will find it extremely tough to come back from 2-0 down in the tie. If Reading can nick the first goal it's game on again.

Second leg, full house at home, still all to play for. Same result as the league games will do 8)

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 09 May 2009 23:11

It's a win-win situation. We win the game, we're all delighted; we don't win the game, this interminable nightmare of a half-season is over once and for all.

Royal Boil

by Royal Boil » 09 May 2009 23:18

Sigh. It's not the pain and the disappointment that's killing me, it's the hope. Slowly diminishing as game by game, the flickering flames on candle by sodding candle on the premiership cake get blown out. But despite myself I shall be there on tuesday night!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2009 00:43

Alan Partridge Reading can't continue to be as rancid at home as they have been, it HAS got to change soon. Usually in a 2 legged tie as long as you are still in the game after the away leg it's a good result. Normally 1-0 down ok, that's not the end of the earth, 90mins at home to turn it around. It's just the home form has been that bad it's worrying no doubt.

But

as already said, it has to change soon. First goal is enormous on Tuesday because Reading in their current state will find it extremely tough to come back from 2-0 down in the tie. If Reading can nick the first goal it's game on again.

Second leg, full house at home, still all to play for. Same result as the league games will do 8)

It has to change soon? There is no reason we can't be utterly abject for one more game.

I don't know why anyone might think we'll show better finishing. It was consistent with our finishing for most of the last 4 months. If we'd shown good finishing since Xmas we'd have won th e league. I see no reason to suspect we'll do anything more than normal and produce half hearted attempts that lack the necessary conviction to beat the keeper.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 May 2009 01:24

It was just one more game, then two games to right the wrong, not it IS one game. It's backs to the wall if this team want to be in with a chance of promotion. The options are now limited and against us. I feel a few will be having to resign themselves to looking more towards championship than premiership next season. What now happens to Bikey and his future with this club after such a piss poor display of petulance just about sums this season up for me.

Marcus throwing Bikeys shirt off the pitch a lasting image.

To the team - prove me wrong.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 10 May 2009 01:45

One optimistic thought:

I didn't make it to Turf Moor last time out, but it sounds like it wasn't too dissimilar to today's game - reading on top, Jensen denying us, a solitary Burnley goal wins it. If we were to repeat our home result against them now, we'd be through.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 May 2009 01:55

Alivey Cmonurz !

That'll be 3p please.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 10 May 2009 05:12

A win a home would be nice at long last to put the terrible home form in 2009 to bed.

I would take 1-0 or a 2-1 win now to give us a chance to go through in a penatly shoot out.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 May 2009 10:08

Ian Royal I see no reason to suspect we'll do anything more than normal and produce half hearted attempts that lack the necessary conviction to beat the keeper.

That doesn't describe the game yesterday.....

4 decent attempts, non 'lacking conviction' (as if that is what is needed to beat a keeper !) all stopped by either excellent saves or a fortunately / strategically placed defender....

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 10 May 2009 10:22

Sun Tzu
Ian Royal I see no reason to suspect we'll do anything more than normal and produce half hearted attempts that lack the necessary conviction to beat the keeper.

That doesn't describe the game yesterday.....

4 decent attempts, non 'lacking conviction' (as if that is what is needed to beat a keeper !) all stopped by either excellent saves or a fortunately / strategically placed defender....

Forget the defending Doyle as a striker of apparent Premership quality should have buried both gilt edged chances he had from Jensen's initial saves. We have to put these chances away. Burnley should be all but out of the play-offs.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 10 May 2009 10:43

The Real Sandhurst Royal I would take 1-0 or a 2-1 win now to give us a chance to go through in a penatly shoot out.

Anyone really fancy our chances in a shoot out? Doyle, Noel, Bikey and (maybe) Ingi would all have taken one I think and all missing on Tuesday.

The likely 5 IMO would be Kitson, Long, Shunt, Marek and Brynn. Confident?!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 10 May 2009 10:45

Irvinchangeyaname
The Real Sandhurst Royal I would take 1-0 or a 2-1 win now to give us a chance to go through in a penatly shoot out.

Anyone really fancy our chances in a shoot out? Doyle, Noel, Bikey and (maybe) Ingi would all have taken one I think and all missing on Tuesday.

No not confident because we all know Hahnemann wont save a sodding Burnley pen

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 10 May 2009 11:27

marekisgod C'mon lets face it with better finishing we would have scored 3 today and the tie would be over and everyone would be posting positive comments instead of negative.
If Burnley play like that again i am more than confident we will prevail Tuesday as they were very poor in all areas.
So lets back the boys and make some noise 'C'mon u urz !'

Marek !

I hope you are right but even leaving aside our recent poor home record the problem is that on Tuesday we will be without Doyle, Bikey & probably Gunnar all of whom were amongst our best performers yesterday whilst they were on the pitch. With injuries to Nunt, Harps, Ingi, Leroy, Stretch etc we do not have much in the way of replacements.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 10 May 2009 11:32

PEARCEY
Irvinchangeyaname

No not confident because we all know Hahnemann wont save a sodding Burnley pen

Greed :(

Alexander V USA was the biggest mismatch you could imagine.