Link Between the Past and the New

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nickbob_sexypants

Link Between the Past and the New

by nickbob_sexypants » 15 May 2009 17:40

With all the changes happening, I cant help think that everything the club worked for in getting to them Prem is going to be undone.

Yes, changes need to be made to freshen things up, but is the club risking getting too carried away with change and having to start from square one again?

Surely if people like Murty could have been kept just for one more year, the experience from winning promotion could have been invaluable to any future successes?

Drew_3

Re: Link Between the Past and the New

by Drew_3 » 15 May 2009 17:41

yes i agree if not to play then just to pass on their experience!it is now imperitive we keep the likes of Doyle or it will all be gone!

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 15 May 2009 17:45

People are criticising the Gunnarsson's contract but that could be a reason behind it. Add that Ivar's staying, Eamon Dolan will be assistant manager. Long will still be here, Doyle if we're really lucky. Harper is still around. Cisse played in the Premiership, so did Matejovsky, Rosenior and Bikey. We have plenty of continuity going.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 May 2009 17:45

nickbob_sexypants With all the changes happening, I cant help think that everything the club worked for in getting to them Prem is going to be undone.

Yes, changes need to be made to freshen things up, but is the club risking getting too carried away with change and having to start from square one again?

Surely if people like Murty could have been kept just for one more year, the experience from winning promotion could have been invaluable to any future successes?

This is not a charity. Murts has been beset by injury problems for a lot of his career. I am genuinely sorry to see him go because he always gave 110% whenever he wore the hoops. However, what ould the nobbers on here be saying if his injury problems didnt clear up next season? I am sure there are one or two who will question the wisdom...

I really do think that some sort of acknowledgement within the stadium should be made to the class of 2005/06 but probably only after the last one to leave has turned out the lights.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 May 2009 17:46

We still have Harps and Doyler.

My two favourite players alongside Nhunt and Karacan.

Would expect Doyler to leave but not sure about Harps. Hope they both stay on.

Am also very happy that the bright old Icelanders Gunnar and Ingi are staying on. Very trustworthy chaps those two...

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 May 2009 17:47

nickbob_sexypants With all the changes happening, I cant help think that everything the club worked for in getting to them Prem is going to be undone.

How many games has Murty managed this year?

Duberry was probably the most experienced player at the club, but also one of the worst in our first team.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 May 2009 17:49

Hmmm

You mean those experienced players that saw us relegated and then went missing after Christmas?

:?

nickbob_sexypants

by nickbob_sexypants » 15 May 2009 17:52

rhroyal People are criticising the Gunnarsson's contract but that could be a reason behind it. Add that Ivar's staying, Eamon Dolan will be assistant manager. Long will still be here, Doyle if we're really lucky. Harper is still around. Cisse played in the Premiership, so did Matejovsky, Rosenior and Bikey. We have plenty of continuity going.

What is of more important next year in terms of experience though, how to win promotion, how not to fall away at the end of a season or think in the longer term and how stay in the Prem? I personally think it all counts, which is why too many players cannot to be let go or sold, there should be a mixture of experience, plus the naivety of the youth players, already at the club.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 May 2009 19:24

We're a in a much much better position than we were when Coppell took over. We have a massively bigger profile and we're now established towards the top end of tier 2. We haven't finished outside the top 10 in tier 2 since we were promoted in 2002 SEVEN years ago.

Back in 03 we'd had one great season back in tier 2 after 3 seasons away and were looking good in the early stages of our second season. We'd only spent 2 seasons previously in the top 10 of tier 2 EVER!

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1