NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Doyle to Wolves for £6.5m

429 posts
Wolfatthedoor

Re: RUMOUR - Doyle to Wolves for £6.5m

by Wolfatthedoor » 22 Jun 2009 14:27

Dirk Gently
Sarah Star Why is he going to have a look round Molineaux if he's not interested in going there? :?

Perhaps he's ready to be presuaded. he'd be a fool not to, especially if they's the only confirmed offer so far.

Plus perhaps he thinks that the fact that he is being seen to look round there means that other clubs will hurry up and come in.

I think that last bit might be right - tell everyone that if they don't pull their fingers out, he will go to Wolves - hopefully nobody has been flushed out.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 22 Jun 2009 14:30

£35K a week of wagebill if he goes - according to Daily Mail football correspondent who was discussing this move on Talksport last night ...im only the messenger- but the guy seemed quite adamant it was £35k

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Jun 2009 14:32

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 22 Jun 2009 14:37

Thaumagurist*
Wolfatthedoor
Dirk Gently Perhaps he's ready to be presuaded. he'd be a fool not to, especially if they's the only confirmed offer so far.

Plus perhaps he thinks that the fact that he is being seen to look round there means that other clubs will hurry up and come in.

I think that last bit might be right - tell everyone that if they don't pull their fingers out, he will go to Wolves - hopefully nobody has been flushed out.

Hopefully somebody will be flushed out as I'd rather he played at a bigger club than poxy Wolves.

You are quite a sad individual aren't you.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Jun 2009 14:50

Thaumagurist*
Wolfatthedoor
Dirk Gently Perhaps he's ready to be presuaded. he'd be a fool not to, especially if they's the only confirmed offer so far.

Hopefully somebody will be flushed out as I'd rather he played at a bigger club than poxy Wolves.

What's it got to do with you where he plays?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Jun 2009 14:53

Wolfatthedoor
Thaumagurist*
Wolfatthedoor I think that last bit might be right - tell everyone that if they don't pull their fingers out, he will go to Wolves - hopefully nobody has been flushed out.

You are quite a sad individual aren't you.

I just think he'll be better off somewhere better than Wolves. And I wouldn't want him to be playing for you against us the following season when you come back down.

Pardsme

by Pardsme » 22 Jun 2009 14:59

Thaumagurist* I just think he'll be better off somewhere better than Wolves. And I wouldn't want him to be playing for you against us the following season when you come back down.

I agree with Thaumagurist as he deserves to be playing at an established Prem Club and not play for a team that could be struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 22 Jun 2009 15:25

Pardsme
Thaumagurist* I just think he'll be better off somewhere better than Wolves. And I wouldn't want him to be playing for you against us the following season when you come back down.

I agree with Thaumagurist as he deserves to be playing at an established Prem Club and not play for a team that could be struggling at the wrong end of the table.

He should have scored more goals last season and sealed his move to Villa then!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Jun 2009 15:34

He's going to be coming right back down again.

Quite a bit richer though.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Jun 2009 15:35

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 Jun 2009 15:37

DOYLE out then and Tommy smith IN

just hope this is not another stupid installment deal, get at least 5 mill now please RFC

maybe can put a buy back clause for when they get relegated :D !!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Jun 2009 15:39

Gordons Cumming He's going to be coming right back down again.

Quite a bit richer though.

The same was said of Kitson, though.... Stoke stayed up.

And a good performance, even in a relegated team, may just enhance his career for a move to a bigger team. And he may well thrive at Wolves - with Kightly and the other winger (Jarvis??) they play in a similar way that we used to. And being a bigger fish in a smaller pond may be better for him than a move to a much bigger club.

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 22 Jun 2009 15:42

Thaumagurist* Ignorant yam yam. He was injured for a part of the latter of last season. The service the strikers received didn't exactly help either.

I support Wolves - I am not a Yam Yam - no wonder your fellow Royals call you the Village Idiot. Anyway, I don't want to get in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, so I'll move on and say that I think he will probably go to a more established team, but also wouldn't be surprised to see him opt to partner SEB and get a lot of pitch time prior to the World Cup.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 22 Jun 2009 15:43

loyalroyal4life DOYLE out then and Tommy smith IN

just hope this is not another stupid installment deal, get at least 5 mill now please RFC

Much as I love Doyle, the last thing I want to see is a buy back clause. Look what happened when we had Kitson and Little back on loan.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Jun 2009 15:46

Sarah Star

Much as I love Doyle, the last thing I want to see is a buy back clause. Look what happened when we had Kitson and Little back on loan.

Completely different. Doyler is considerably younger. Glenn was 104 when we bought him back on loan last season.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Jun 2009 15:48

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 04:29, edited 1 time in total.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Jun 2009 15:48

Royal With Cheese
Sarah Star

Completely different. Doyler is considerably younger. Glenn was 104 when we bought him back on loan last season.

True, but I'm not sure coming back is ever a good idea. Over the past few years we've succeeded when the players have had the hunger for success, and failed when they've lost it. Can you ever regain that sort of hunger when returning to a club?

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 22 Jun 2009 15:54

Of the 3 promoted clubs, I think Wolves will do best this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in mid table. Ahead of the world cup he will get a lot of football in the Premiership and its a good deal for both parties.

Can they take Stephen Hunt as well?

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 22 Jun 2009 15:59

Thaumagurist* Pathetic little f*ckwit. Wolves = yam yam.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yam+yam

Thaumagurist - although shouldn't it be Thaumaturgist, if you are claiming to work miracles??

Thanks for the definition, special one - as suspected I don't qualify seeing as I don't reside (and never have done) in the Black Country.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 22 Jun 2009 16:02

Never thought i'd say this, but there's a Wolves fan posting and it turns out he's not the biggest cunt on this thread.

Relegation is by no means a foregone conclusion next season and he'd be a good signing for Wolves.

429 posts