Farewell's to Stephen Hunt

PardewsLoveChild

Re: Farewell's to Stephen Hunt

by PardewsLoveChild » 13 Aug 2009 16:10

Wow........What a day,absolutely knackered.................A 9 hour round trip,that M62 was terrible............. :twisted:

Buy Steven,see you next year back in the championship..............................

Jimmy the Tree

by Jimmy the Tree » 13 Aug 2009 16:15

Thanks for your contribution but past time to move on.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 13 Aug 2009 16:24

i hope you don't smell too badly of Herring and Mackerel after your trip up in the back of Denzil's lorry.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 13 Aug 2009 16:33

looking forward to the next 6 months of every sports 'journolist' in the country mentioning the fact 'reading have lost hunt'.. :roll:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Aug 2009 16:49

Make the most of this oppourtunity Stephen, It could prove to be the stepping stone you need to join a big club like Stoke.

PardewsLoveChild

by PardewsLoveChild » 13 Aug 2009 16:54

Focher i hope you don't smell too badly of Herring and Mackerel after your trip up in the back of Denzil's lorry.

Steven said he quite enjoyed the trip up in the back of my lorry...............He said it smelt alot better than his caravan..................

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Aug 2009 17:05

Dear Stephen,

You weren't very good.

And then you crippled Cech. I guess Sir Alex has sent you a nice bottle of claret for that.

You tried really hard. And you impressed.

Then you stopped trying. And you sucked harder than that bird that went down on Sonko once. But with better teeth, obviously.

Anyway, you looked like Frodo, played like a spazz possessed and were part of that team.

And now you're not. So BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yours in sport,

The Echo

by The Echo » 13 Aug 2009 17:29

Hunt has made a significant contribution in recent times to Reading. He could be a good player on his day. He took risks and sometimes thats why his limitations showed up. He would try things that you're average Championship player wouldn't have in his locker on the training pitch, let alone a highly competitive league fixture. His form went AWOL in January, but so did every other player in last seasons team.

Was he overated? Quite possibly yes but he did give 100% and made the most of the talent he's got. It was clear that he needed a fresh challenge.

The current abuse going Hunts way is quite ridiculous, pathetically childish and immature. He's done exactly what you want. He's left, he's off the wage bill and a sizable fee has changed hands. Everyone's a winner.

To all those fans who see every situation in simple black and white, negative or positive. Who's heros or villains change with the blow of a referees whistle, a misplaced pass or a bad tackle, consider the bigger picture.

I personally wish Steven Hunt all the best.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 13 Aug 2009 17:40

The Echo Hunt has made a significant contribution in recent times to Reading. He could be a good player on his day. He took risks and sometimes thats why his limitations showed up. He would try things that you're average Championship player wouldn't have in his locker on the training pitch, let alone a highly competitive league fixture. His form went AWOL in January, but so did every other player in last seasons team.

Was he overated? Quite possibly yes but he did give 100% and made the most of the talent he's got. In addition it was clear that he needed a fresh challenge.

The current abuse going Hunts way is quite ridiculous, pathetically childish and immature. He's done exactly what you want. He's left, he's off the wage bill and a sizable fee has changed hands. 0everyone's a winner.

To all those fans who see every situation in simple black and white, negative or positive. Who's heros or villains change with the blow of a referees whistle, a misplaced pass or a bad tackle, consider the bigger picture.

I can see where you are coming from but unfortunately in recent times Stephen has taken too many oppurtunities in stating why he believes he is better than the club who rescued him from the obscurity of league one/two football with Bradford but instead gave him the chance to taste the high life.

Stephen Hunt at his most focussed and his natural self should be a reliable Championship/ lower Prem League performer.

Sadly he has taken the wrong advice (i.e. agent rather than previous Manager) and has let himself down badly over the last
2 years.

Thank you for your efforts, but I can't help feeling that overall you've sold yoursef short.

PardewsLoveChild

by PardewsLoveChild » 13 Aug 2009 17:47

The Echo Hunt has made a significant contribution in recent times to Reading. He could be a good player on his day. He took risks and sometimes thats why his limitations showed up. He would try things that you're average Championship player wouldn't have in his locker on the training pitch, let alone a highly competitive league fixture. His form went AWOL in January, but so did every other player in last seasons team.

Was he overated? Quite possibly yes but he did give 100% and made the most of the talent he's got. It was clear that he needed a fresh challenge.

The current abuse going Hunts way is quite ridiculous, pathetically childish and immature. He's done exactly what you want. He's left, he's off the wage bill and a sizable fee has changed hands. Everyone's a winner.

I personally wish Steven Hunt all the best.

Right then,i'll be serious for a moment,I agree with alot of what you say,my problem is'int with Steven Hunt the player, as you say he did make a significant contribution to recent times and he did most of the time give 100%,My problem was with Steven Hunt the person,a gobby little shite who could'nt keep his mouth shut.As soon as he came out with his "someone needs to go to confession" stuff that was it for me and i would feel the same about any player at the club weither he was the best player the club has ever had or the worst....Anyway,everybodys happy,Hunt's got his "big" move,we've got some more money in the bank and now we've got a group of young players who want to play for the club...............Lets all move on.......The future's bright,the future's blue and white....................

The Echo

by The Echo » 13 Aug 2009 18:18

My problem was with Steven Hunt the person,a gobby little shite who could'nt keep his mouth shut.

A reasonably put opinion.

Indeed he was. Tactically Hunt's attempts to engineer a move last summer and during the transfer window were largely in keeping with the strategies employed by countless other fooballers driven by their modern agents. Hunt was doing very little to a great many other footballers. Personally, If I make myself smell bad enough I know my girlfriend will eventually look to offload me elsewhere :wink: .

I do however think there is a place for mobbing up and abusing enemies of the club. Mark Mcghee being one such example. What we saw there was an act of treachery that is part of the history of our club. Paul Ince and his infamous exit from West Ham also springs to mind.

Hunt is just not a particually clever bloke who lives in a time when simple people have countless avenues to spread their simple thoughts at the press of a button. Sound familiar doesn't it :wink:

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 13 Aug 2009 18:32

Stephen i respect the fact that you have made a shit load of money despite being a very average player

the things that made you a decent player have long since gone (determination commitment) and now you try step overs and look a bit silly

bye

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 13 Aug 2009 18:38

Hunt! Hunt! Wherever you may be.
We don't care if you dropped your knee.
It could have been Cech.
Or Cudicini.
Now f*ck right off to Hull City.

In all seriousness, thank you for your service, the connections between you and Noel were great to watch in the first part of last year. And you were our best player for much of 06-07. Best of luck and please don't do that ghey 'mauled by the tigers' chant.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 Aug 2009 18:39

Glad he's gone. Terrible attitude, dressing room bust ups, sulking when he couldn't get the moves to a 'big' (LOL) club. He had one good season with us, and that was the season the whole team over performed. Other than that he performed well in spits and sperts, but he's a very average player that made a name for himself for accidently hurting a famous goalkeeper.

The fact we're getting around £3m for him is laughable. Bargain!!

C'ya.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 13 Aug 2009 18:49

Bye Stephen
Last edited by Ups and Downs on 14 Aug 2009 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Aug 2009 19:56

He arrived as a footballing nonentity and became one of our biggest stars so it's sad to see him leaving under a cloud but, sorry, I see it as all his own fault.

I guess everyone will win out of this transfer with the possible exception of Hull.

I bet SJM was hardly able to disguise the smirk on his face as he drove home tonight knowing that, not only had others fought over the right to pay Hunt's inflated wages for the next 4 years, they were also prepared to pay him millions for the privilege of taking that responsibility off his hands :P

I wish you no ill, Stephen, but if anyone has made sure that they got their pound of flesh out of this club in recent times it was you and your agent.

Whilst the Mad Stad will rock whenever Doyler returns, I doubt many will be overly bothered in your case.

Kieron1981

by Kieron1981 » 13 Aug 2009 20:01

I liked hunt... hard worker and honest all you can ask for really

Leaving now i think is the right time for everyone... we get 3.5m?? to spend on tommy smith and you get to play in the premiership for the seaon before relegated

bu-bye now :)

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 13 Aug 2009 20:03

Dear Stephen,

in the short time you were a resident of Finchampstead, you made sure that your appearance made you anonymous and that you fitted in. (I am not saying for one minute you looked liked a hedgehog-baking gypsy). No, yes I am.

Up on Humberside you may find it more challenging as there is no Bob's, or any pine trees.

What I dislike you for is your disrespect for a club that

1. Prevented you from signing for Bradford.
2. Helped raise your 'profile' while protecting you from the moronic and hysterical response of some of the Chelsea-related mongols after your collision with the first goalkeeper to lose his consciousness that day back then.

Good luck in Hull. You will need it.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Bye.....until next season

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 13 Aug 2009 21:41

at last those caravans are gone from the car park, i think they had to clear out before all the driveways they layed start to sink.