Wakey wakey

royal.badger

sold down the river

by royal.badger » 18 Aug 2009 15:44

What is going on here?

There are 2 ways to skip back to div3 south sharpish.

Go for gold and bust the club: Leeds, Leicester etc...
OR
Sell the crown jewels: Saints, Forest, Shed Wed, Charlton, Norwch

Add us to that list.

Why are people just accepting this?

Going down.

Mr Controversial

Re: sold down the river

by Mr Controversial » 18 Aug 2009 15:53

As per the comments in other threads, I cannot believe the current situation at the club.

Even the commentators on Sky last Saturday commented on our transfer policy and that was before we sold Bikey :shock:

Something, somewhere is very wrong.

I just hope (pray) that there are lots of things going on in the background that we are unaware of, because otherwise this could be the biggest suicide case in football.

RIP RFC.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Aug 2009 15:53

If by saints you mean southampton, don't they belong in the first column?

Oh, and Charlton they over spent and ran out of money.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 18 Aug 2009 15:55

ZacNaloen If by saints you mean southampton, don't they belong in the first column?

Oh, and Charlton they over spent and ran out of money.

Dependant on what timeframe/year/era you're talking about, they're in both columns

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 18 Aug 2009 15:59

This thread needs putting on ice for a couple of months. :roll:

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 18 Aug 2009 16:00

Out of all the negative threads posted on here recently, this has to be the most stupid.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 18 Aug 2009 16:00

If we are struggling at the foot of the table in a couple of months time having failed to strengthen before the transfer window closes you might have a point - but that ain't gonna happen. Rodgers knows we need to bring in a couple more players and I'm sure he will. Bikey was always going to leave and it's not as if we've not replaced him - have you forgotten that we've just spent £2 mill on a centre back?

Oh, and the only way to return to Div 3 south is to build a time machine or have they regionalised the football league and not announced it?

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 18 Aug 2009 16:13

Still Hate Futcher! If we are struggling at the foot of the table in a couple of months time having failed to strengthen before the transfer window closes you might have a point - but that ain't gonna happen. Rodgers knows we need to bring in a couple more players and I'm sure he will. Bikey was always going to leave and it's not as if we've not replaced him - have you forgotten that we've just spent £2 mill on a centre back?

Oh, and the only way to return to Div 3 south is to build a time machine or have they regionalised the football league and not announced it?

Interesting view to think that players are going to want to come to Reading at the minute.

Assuming we are talking to players, what about Reading is attractive at the moment;

1) Chairman who keeps bleating on about wages and wanting to sell club
2) Team full of kids
3) Bottom of the league (only two games I know)
4) Likely to be an unspectacular salary (as per point 1)
5) Seeing experienced players being auctionned off to the highest bidder
6) A Director of football who can compete with Mickey Mouse in a squeaky voice competition.
7) Bad vibes amongst the fans and a reduction in Season Ticket uptake

I am trying to find a positive I really am!

Mr C

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Aug 2009 16:25

Mr Controversial
Still Hate Futcher! If we are struggling at the foot of the table in a couple of months time having failed to strengthen before the transfer window closes you might have a point - but that ain't gonna happen. Rodgers knows we need to bring in a couple more players and I'm sure he will. Bikey was always going to leave and it's not as if we've not replaced him - have you forgotten that we've just spent £2 mill on a centre back?

Interesting view to think that players are going to want to come to Reading at the minute.

Assuming we are talking to players, what about Reading is attractive at the moment;

2) Team full of kids
6) A Director of football who can compete with Mickey Mouse in a squeaky voice competition.

Mr C

2 would be a positive to many as they'll think they will get straight in.
3 is irrelevant
4 our salary scale at this level is still very competitive
5 all players who have left wanted to to further their career in the flight above, players coming in would see this as a positive as they could see it as a way to do the same.
6 makes you look like a twat
7 vibes in the ground are good and ST sales will have no impact on a players opinion else Wigan would never sign any one.

We also have a young respected manager who people will feel they can learn from.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 18 Aug 2009 16:39

Still Hate Futcher! Bikey was always going to leave and it's not as if we've not replaced him - have you forgotten that we've just spent £2 mill on a centre back?

Mills replaced Duberry mate!! Rodgers has already said he didn't want Bikey to leave, so if he's not replaced then we are one CB down on what he wanted. Currently we have 2 recognised CB's fit, that my friend is laughable for a team wanting to do well.

I'm having a sly punt on relegation later.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 18 Aug 2009 16:49

Stranded
Mr Controversial

2) Team full of kids

Mr C

2 would be a positive to many as they'll think they will get straight in.
3 is irrelevant
4 our salary scale at this level is still very competitive
5 all players who have left wanted to to further their career in the flight above, players coming in would see this as a positive as they could see it as a way to do the same.
6 makes you look like a twat
7 vibes in the ground are good and ST sales will have no impact on a players opinion else Wigan would never sign any one.

We also have a young respected manager who people will feel they can learn from.

Whilst I appreciate point 6 was made in a childish way, I honestly dont believe Nicky Hammond is best suited as a DOF as he lacks the skills required to draw someone into making the decision to join RFC.

I am sure he is capable of the basics of the job as we have seen over the past few years, but I hardly see him as an inspirational, warming, welcoming chap who experienced people want to do business with.

All I am saying is, if as a player I had to choose between identical offers from Reading FC and AN Other club - Nicky Hammond would not persuade me to join RFC whereas the DOF of AN Other club just might.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Wakey wakey

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 18 Aug 2009 17:01

How do you know Hammond lacks skills? Have you met him? What skills does he lack? What skills does he need a aquire to become a better DOF? Who have we failed to sign cause they were unimpressed by Hammond? Pardew loved him, Coppell loved, JM loves him, everyone in football talks about him very highly.

Sorry to sound a dick, but I thought we'd put this Hammond's no good and has a silly voice bollox to bed about 4 years ago...

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 18 Aug 2009 17:08

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe How do you know Hammond lacks skills? Have you met him? What skills does he lack? What skills does he need a aquire to become a better DOF? Who have we failed to sign cause they were unimpressed by Hammond? Pardew loved him, Coppell loved, JM loves him, everyone in football talks about him very highly.

Sorry to sound a dick, but I thought we'd put this Hammond's no good and has a silly voice bollox to bed about 4 years ago...

I have met Nicky Hammond on a few occassions and he has always come across as shy, quiet and retiring.

Boldness, determination, confidence, experienced - All trates which Mr Hammond lacks and are required to do the job.

I expect the only reason he was appointed and loved by everyone was because he was cheap, and willing to work for peanuts compared to other, more experience and therefore better DOFs

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Aug 2009 17:35

A few days ago you said you wouldn't bother posting again because I'd upset you.

Empty bloody promise by the looks of it.

Stop making up complete crap. No way have you met him.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2009 17:36

its not like hes so super famous that you cant get near him now is it!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 18 Aug 2009 17:37

Mr Controversial
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe How do you know Hammond lacks skills? Have you met him? What skills does he lack? What skills does he need a aquire to become a better DOF? Who have we failed to sign cause they were unimpressed by Hammond? Pardew loved him, Coppell loved, JM loves him, everyone in football talks about him very highly.

I have met Nicky Hammond on a few occassions and he has always come across as shy, quiet and retiring.

Boldness, determination, confidence, experienced - All trates which Mr Hammond lacks and are required to do the job.

I expect the only reason he was appointed and loved by everyone was because he was cheap, and willing to work for peanuts compared to other, more experience and therefore better DOFs

Bollox mate. Just bollox. I know him very well and everything you've written is rubbish, even down to him being cheap.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Aug 2009 17:39

Mr Controversial

So why was he offered a job by one of the 4 biggest clubs in the country you total moron? And it's patently obvious to anyone with even 3 braincells to rub together that Hammond has done a pretty good job whilst he's been our DoF.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Aug 2009 18:13

Mr Controversial cheap, and willing to work for peanuts compared to other, more experience and therefore better DOFs
Like who? :roll:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 18 Aug 2009 18:43

Number 13. Reading fans. Mugged off everywhere.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 18 Aug 2009 19:20

Ian Royal Hammond has done a pretty good job whilst he's been our DoF.

Can't agree more! Anyone who can con other teams to pay

£5.5M for Kitson
£3.5M for Shorey
£3.5M for SHunt
£2.8M for Bikey
£2M for Sonko
£6.5M for Doyle (actually perhaps a bit cheap?)
£2.5M for Emerse Fae
£3M for Greg Halford

MUST be a bloody good negotiator. I certainly wouldn't fancy trying to negotiate a deal with him!