Matejovsky

166 posts
AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Matejovsky

by AlexY25 » 19 Aug 2009 14:51

I can't wait till Marek plays in the first team again. He might not be perfect but he lifts the crowd by just one or two of his passes. I think he could make a difference. Him and Davies supporting the striker would be good.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 19 Aug 2009 14:55

Royal Lady I don't think that my criticisms are unfounded at all. That's just where we differ. That's all. We'll all have to wait and see whether Rodgers is the new Messiah or just a naughty boy weren't we.

So you don't think suggesting buying a player who isn't quite match fit as desperate is unfounded?

You don't think suggest it's 'almost like' he won't pick Coppell signings when half the team he's playing are Coppell signings is unfounded?

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind those two...

Laura Norder
Location: my loaction is seccret but it is near wallingford ha ha

by Laura Norder » 19 Aug 2009 15:57

i hop marek is mendid soon he is my fav mifeld player and james harper

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 19 Aug 2009 15:58

Laura Norder i hop marek is mendid soon he is my fav mifeld player and james harper

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It's not 2007 any more, BDC.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Aug 2009 10:04

Hoop Blah
Royal Lady I don't think that my criticisms are unfounded at all. That's just where we differ. That's all. We'll all have to wait and see whether Rodgers is the new Messiah or just a naughty boy weren't we.

So you don't think suggesting buying a player who isn't quite match fit as desperate is unfounded?

You don't think suggest it's 'almost like' he won't pick Coppell signings when half the team he's playing are Coppell signings is unfounded?

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind those two...

Just out of interest....any response RL?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Aug 2009 10:30

Hi Hoop Blah - did I say it WAS desperation or smacks of desperation? Anyhoo, paying £2 million to Doncaster for a player who isn't fit/match fit/whatever you want to call it - is probably 90% of Rodgers' budget for this season :wink: I stand by my comments that I actually expect him to be something a bit special - all I've heard so far is that he's not ready/he's a bit rubbish.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Aug 2009 10:40

Royal Lady Well Marek must be doing something right if he's an international. I just LOL at the way Ian Royal also states stuff as if it's fact, when mainly it's just his opinion.

Actually, I find myself agreeing more with IR than most of the tards on here!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Aug 2009 10:41

Is it just remotely possible that the all action 100 mph nature of English football is not suited to Marek? Square pegs and round holes and all that...

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Aug 2009 10:44

Royal Lady Hi Hoop Blah - did I say it WAS desperation or smacks of desperation? Anyhoo, paying £2 million to Doncaster for a player who isn't fit/match fit/whatever you want to call it - is probably 90% of Rodgers' budget for this season :wink: I stand by my comments that I actually expect him to be something a bit special - all I've heard so far is that he's not ready/he's a bit rubbish.

Is there really any difference between saying it WAS or smacks of?

And you still haven't backed up why that either is or smacks of. I still can't see how you can say there is any founding in your comments.

As for Mills, I'm not sure £2m buys you something a bit special these days. I'd hope that he becomes a mainstay of the side and is good enough to mean that he is part of a very solid defence. Don't forget we just sold a defender who couldn't really get in our side for the last 3 years for £2.8m, that's £800k more than we've paid for Mills, and we reportedly got even more for Sonko didn't we?

No response on the Coppell signings comment either? I appreciate it might've been a bit of a throw away comment, I just think you could've admitted what you said was totally off the mark instead of going off on one a bit...

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 20 Aug 2009 10:44

Scarface He's being sold...sorry the official statement is he's injured.

BR now not expecting to lose anybody else this month, according to the Chronicle (you'll have to source the link yourselves). All who were likely to go have gone, and he expected The Legendary Harper to go too but the main man turned Wolves down. Twice.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Aug 2009 10:45

Did you miss the bit where Mills has come from DONCASTER? :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Aug 2009 10:46

Royal Lady Did you miss the bit where Mills has come from DONCASTER? :roll:

What's that got to do with it?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Aug 2009 10:47

I don't get it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Aug 2009 10:47

Hoop Blah
Royal Lady Hi Hoop Blah - did I say it WAS desperation or smacks of desperation? Anyhoo, paying £2 million to Doncaster for a player who isn't fit/match fit/whatever you want to call it - is probably 90% of Rodgers' budget for this season :wink: I stand by my comments that I actually expect him to be something a bit special - all I've heard so far is that he's not ready/he's a bit rubbish.

Is there really any difference between saying it WAS or smacks of?

And you still haven't backed up why that either is or smacks of. I still can't see how you can say there is any founding in your comments.

As for Mills, I'm not sure £2m buys you something a bit special these days. I'd hope that he becomes a mainstay of the side and is good enough to mean that he is part of a very solid defence. Don't forget we just sold a defender who couldn't really get in our side for the last 3 years for £2.8m, that's £800k more than we've paid for Mills, and we reportedly got even more for Sonko didn't we?

No response on the Coppell signings comment either? I appreciate it might've been a bit of a throw away comment, I just think you could've admitted what you said was totally off the mark instead of going off on one a bit...
I haven't gone off on one - I've had my opinions. I certainly didn't make derisory comments to people who weren't agreeing with me. Unlike the usual suspects on here. :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Aug 2009 10:48

Hoop Blah

You said we sold Bikey for 0.8 mill more than we bought Mills for etc, but Mills has come from Doncaster and hasn't played in the Premiership - in my eyes £2 million for a player from a team such as Donny is a lot. Especially when he's not played much so far.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 20 Aug 2009 10:57

Royal Lady
Hoop Blah

You said we sold Bikey for 0.8 mill more than we bought Mills for etc, but Mills has come from Doncaster and hasn't played in the Premiership - in my eyes £2 million for a player from a team such as Donny is a lot. Especially when he's not played much so far.

Actually, I think he did have a handful of appearances for Man City in the Prem, didn't he (I stand to be corrected)? In fact, that strengthens your argument because arguably he didn't make the grade. I guess we have to trust the manager's judgment on this one.
Last edited by CMRoyal on 20 Aug 2009 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Aug 2009 10:58

But £2m is his value to doncaster, so we paid it, he is still young, and had rave reviews, sounds a good deal to me.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 20 Aug 2009 10:59

Next good deal would be Beckford from Leeds for £3m, IMHO.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Aug 2009 10:59

and £2.8 mill was our value for Bikey.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Aug 2009 11:02

Royal Lady
Hoop Blah

So you agree he's probably not likely to be as good at the moment as Bikey was then?

By the way, Bikey has played 45 league games. Mills has played 99. Or did you mean not played much so far meaning the last 6 weeks!!

166 posts