Back From The Game - Sheff Utd (H)

153 posts
Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back From The Game - Sheff Utd (H)

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 18:18

Royal Lady Because, and once again I'll get shot down by Royalee, Rodgers appears to not want to play any of Coppell's players (unless he has to) It's a travesty.

You do like making yourself sound stupid don't you.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Aug 2009 18:20

What have I said there that's so stupid.

And, thankfully, I'll never be as stupid as you.

Royal Spangle

by Royal Spangle » 22 Aug 2009 18:21

whats stupid about that ?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 22 Aug 2009 18:26

cmonurz Bikey - £2.8m
Mills - £2.0m

Mills has a hot bird though

:|

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 22 Aug 2009 18:28

The whole year inn
cmonurz Bikey - £2.8m
Mills - £2.0m

Mills has a hot bird though

:|

+1

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 22 Aug 2009 18:30

can anyone tell me why the oxf*rd we started the game without a winger on the pitch?..Bullivant MK fooking 2

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 22 Aug 2009 18:32

Chaney can anyone tell me why the oxf*rd we started the game without a winger on the pitch?..Bullivant MK fooking 2

nobody knows. Perhaps it is in Brendans big book of tactics?

Get the club to send you a copy

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Aug 2009 18:33

Well what an absolutely catastrophic team and tactics selection from the man who writes the massive super bumper book of soccer tactics. One of the first things he says when he arrives in the managerial position here is "my favoured formations are 4-3-3 or diamond". I bloody well hope he starts showing some flexibility in his starting formation because today's shambolic display was mainly down to him. After today's outing, the diamond was an abject failure and was crying out to be beaten. It's not as though we were out-tactic'd by a master tactician - it's only Kevin Blackwell in the opposition dugout! An absolutely chronic lack of width in both defence and attack cost us and it was solely down to Rodgers team selection. Their first two goals came from 1) an uncontested cross and 2) an easy pass out to a wide open wide player, both on the left hand side (an no, it's not Rosenior's fault this time if he's got absolutely no defensive support). I sincerely hope we never play this formation again, whatever the personnel, because we will be beaten easily again. It was crying out to be changed, wasn't working from the start even though we went 1-up, and desperately needed an injection of pace and width, but who does Rodgers bring on? The ridiculously bigged-up and utterly shit matchwinner Simon Church, and James Harper. Not a hint of James Henry, or the wide man who's impressed me most so far with his direct running and trickery if not his final ball yet, Hal Robson-Kanu. If Rodgers insists on playing this way for the foreseeable future then it's going to be a long hard season, we'll be in a relegation battle, and he won't be in a job for long.

Utterly shambolic. But all is ok, because Royalee and a few bods from STAR are convinced by Rodgers rhetoric.

Quote Brendan: "we'll not dwell on our defeats, we'll learn from this and try to be better next time".
Quote JM: "This defeat clearly shows our ambition to get back up to the Premier League".

Gilksey

by Gilksey » 22 Aug 2009 18:35

Chaney can anyone tell me why the oxf*rd we started the game without a winger on the pitch?..Bullivant MK fooking 2

Can anyone tell me why Cisse plays in midfield, the guy is teriible whenever plays there? Picking him on the right side of a midfield diamond was the management of a crackpot. Get it sorted out Rodgers.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2009 18:39

Good performance I thought.

Sadly though the youngsters have little chance of gaining any confidence because of the inbred morons who call themselves RFC fans.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2009 18:40

Gilksey

Can anyone tell me why Cisse plays in midfield, the guy is teriible whenever plays there? Picking him on the right side of a midfield diamond was the management of a crackpot. Get it sorted out Rodgers.

Cisse's a calming influence in midfield.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Aug 2009 18:41

They'd have more confidence if they scored more goals than the other team. Then we wouldn't have to boo anyone, and as far as I could tell, people were booing Madejski.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Aug 2009 18:41

Gilksey

I think you're missing the point of the diamond. It's a narrow formation with a holding midfielder (Karacan), two, I suppose orthodox central midfielders playing as though they'd be in a regular 4-4-2 (Tabb and Cisse), and a man just behind the front two (Sigurdsson). The fact that Cisse played on the right side of that central pairing is by the by. He wasn't deployed as a wide player.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 22 Aug 2009 18:41

winchester_royal Good performance I thought.

:lol:

You did see our centre backs, right? :lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2009 18:42

The whole year inn

You are retarded, right? :lol:

:roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2009 18:42

handbags_harris
Gilksey

I think you're missing the point of the diamond. It's a narrow formation with a holding midfielder (Karacan), two, I suppose orthodox central midfielders playing as though they'd be in a regular 4-4-2 (Tabb and Cisse), and a man just behind the front two (Sigurdsson). The fact that Cisse played on the right side of that central pairing is by the by. He wasn't deployed as a wide player.

'greed.

It's not the players' fault that they were playing in what can only be described as a questionable formation.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Aug 2009 18:43

Sadly though the youngsters have little chance of gaining any confidence because of the inbred morons who call themselves RFC fans.

That was a good performance? Are you kidding, or have you just had more to drink than me? It was abject, not down to the personnel, but solely down to the man in charge of team affairs getting it horrendously wrong.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 22 Aug 2009 18:44

cmonurz Bikey - £2.8m
Mills - £2.0m

Murked. :lol:

& the fools on here were happy to see Bikey go :(

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 22 Aug 2009 18:45

winchester_royal
The whole year inn

You are retarded, right? :lol:

:roll:

mm ok..

Did you see our centre backs backing off every single time the opposition midfield bought the ball forward?

They sprayed it out wide or had a shot due to the total lack of pressure..

It led to 2 goals

You must have seen it

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2009 18:46

handbags_harris

That was a good performance? Are you kidding, or have you just had more to drink than me? It was abject, not down to the personnel, but solely down to the man in charge of team affairs getting it horrendously wrong.

There were some problems. Like having Cisse in midfield. But there were certainly positive signs IMO.

Siggurdson in particular looked class. The mix of direct, and patient play was better and more balanced, we just lack a decent striker (Smith) and winger.

This team will come good, assuming the players aren't completely demoralised by our moronic fanbase.

153 posts