New signings

1201 posts
Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New signings

by Zammo » 27 Aug 2009 17:04

First impressions are 'not great signings' but it's on the pitch that matters. I will defer slagging off the club, chairman, manager and new players until I see them in the flesh.
Last edited by Zammo on 27 Aug 2009 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 17:04

shoey dynamo380, wot you on dude, mcanuff is a good player at this level, better than bloody kebe anyways, just wait and see before you decide he is shite before even playing.
i saw him at both palace and watford and was always impressed

dynamo is a WFC fan.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:04

Royal Rother The intelligence of RFC supporters has sunk to an all time low - virtually the ONLY thing that Rodgers has done wrong since he's been here is to announce in public that Tommy Smith wanted to come here; other than that he has been dignified, co-operative with the media and open about his thoughts and concerns.

Now, because we are near the bottom after 4 games (just 4 fcuking games) EVERYTHING he does is criticised as being the actions of a desperate man, a useless manager, a cock, a prick, a God-knows-what.

It is truly truly pathetic. He is a young manager with a great reputation in the game as a coach who develops young players - he has a very long history with the club and has been given a great opportunity here to develop his career and the club along new and modern lines; the supporters should be delighted to see him here because he has been a Reading Football Club person, man and boy, who obviously is desperate to succeed here, yet all you lot can do is lay into him.

You should be fcuking ashamed of yourselves.

Bunch of pcunts.

Well said RR. HNA is getting to the point where it's almost unbearable coming on here.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 27 Aug 2009 17:05

Elliott

by Elliott » 27 Aug 2009 17:05

CBA reading through 10 pages, but has anyone given estimates on the fees paid for them?

shoey

by shoey » 27 Aug 2009 17:06

mcanuff hasnt failed at all, he was wanted at watford, wanted at palace, clubs that want players are not shit, agreed with wincester totally, it is becoming unbearable on here, people are getting what they want but still moan!
and if dynamo is a wfc, then he isnt exactly going to be happy with us getting mcanuff and tell us he is god is he?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 27 Aug 2009 17:09

Very, very happy with these signings, LOL at all you pessimists. Both have done very well at this level at different points in their careers and if BR can get them playing to their potential they will be two very good, strong signings.
Im usually negative but we've been crying out for a more established right winger as kebe is awful, we've got one and we now have a striker who was so high rated at one point tottenham paid 6 million for him. He hasn't quite come on since then but he's got some good ability and if we can keep him fit and provide service he'll do a job. How anyone can be annoyed is beyond me.
I still believe we need another 1/2 in, possibly another striker and a left winger as well, but i'm happy as a whole.
Last edited by FiNeRaIn on 27 Aug 2009 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 17:10

shoey mcanuff hasnt failed at all, he was wanted at watford, wanted at palace, clubs that want players are not shit, agreed with wincester totally, it is becoming unbearable on here, people are getting what they want but still moan!
and if dynamo is a wfc, then he isnt exactly going to be happy with us getting mcanuff and tell us he is god is he?

It's pretty unanimous.

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=30017&page=3

Whilst they all acknowledge Rodgers got the best out of him, it seems like he had an awful lot of ground to make up and a couple of months of improvement wasn't enough to make up for it.

If Rodgers has the key to unlocking his undoubted talent he should do well but there's a big :?: over him it seems.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 27 Aug 2009 17:10

Royal Rother The intelligence of RFC supporters has sunk to an all time low - virtually the ONLY thing that Rodgers has done wrong since he's been here is to announce in public that Tommy Smith wanted to come here; other than that he has been dignified, co-operative with the media and open about his thoughts and concerns.

Now, because we are near the bottom after 4 games (just 4 fcuking games) EVERYTHING he does is criticised as being the actions of a desperate man, a useless manager, a cock, a prick, a God-knows-what.

It is truly truly pathetic. He is a young manager with a great reputation in the game as a coach who develops young players - he has a very long history with the club and has been given a great opportunity here to develop his career and the club along new and modern lines; the supporters should be delighted to see him here because he has been a Reading Football Club person, man and boy, who obviously is desperate to succeed here, yet all you lot can do is lay into him.

Bunch of pcunts.

How are your saturdays watching non league football?

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 27 Aug 2009 17:11

Can we give them both at least 2 games before we judge them?
We thought S Hunt was shocking, but he's done well at Hull.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 17:11

FiNeRaIn Very, very happy with these signings, LOL at all you pessimists. Both have done very well at this level at different points in their careers and if BR can get them playing to their potential they will be two very good, strong signings.
Im usually negative but we've been crying out for a more established right winger as kebe is awful, we've got one and we now have a striker who was so high rated at one point tottenham paid 6 million for him. He hasn't quite come on since then but he's got some good ability and if we can keep him fit and provide service he'll do a job. How anyone can be annoyed is beyond me.
I still believe we need another 1/2 in, possibly another striker and a left winger as well, but i'm happy as a whole.

:shock: Shitting down in sock....

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 27 Aug 2009 17:13

I don't know enough about McAnuff other than he was meant to be a big star, alongside someone at Wimbledon, anyway. Went to Prem didn't make it - Championship level player.

Rasiak on the other hand

Rasiak is 6'3 proven at this level, International forward, he's what we need. Experience, and a different option right through the middle.

^^^

In a perfect world, we'd have a younger Rasiak. But he'll do.

No. We thought that S Hunt wouldn't perform here again. With a different club, who knows what he'll do. Same as Lita.
It's not even a particularly nuanced opinion either.

Tadleys Finest

by Tadleys Finest » 27 Aug 2009 17:13

dynamo380
shoey mcanuff is a really good creative player at this leval

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As my old man used to say " you cant polish a turd" Both Average players and probably seen the best of Rasiak a few years ago.. although I hope they prove me wrong and both score Saturday

G'ARN URRRZZZZZ

You werent being serious where you? :shock:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Aug 2009 17:15

McAnuff is injured and won't play Saturday so he's one for the future...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 27 Aug 2009 17:15

Bunch of pcunts.

My views on the clubs finances are very different than yours, but I agree with a lot of the above and calls for BR are frankly laughable..after 4 games, I mean honestly?????? These signings will give us added experience that we need and im pleased. Im getting a bit tired with HNA, why do people have to be so drastic all the time. We are neither absolutely terrible and we are neither world beaters like the RTG's think. We are a club in transition, we need to let things settle down and take it from there, we've bought two in lets re-think around xmas. I have my views on the chairman which I have expressed but people have to realise BR is here and these are the resources he's been given...we have to make the best of it.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 27 Aug 2009 17:16

Bunch of pcunts.

Quite how a 30 yr old Pole plying his trade in League 1 and a billy big bollox who's swanned around London's junior clubs doing jack shit his entire career are expected to haul us into the PL is quite beyond me. So I agree with you Rother - the intelligence of the Royals fans who swallow that bullshit is quite beyond me too!!

Yet another example of the PL ambitions of our fine club.

Now what would Tommy Burns have done in this situation I wonder?? oh yes, rushed off and bought more half-wits, has-beens and never-were's. Still, at least as someone here has said, we have a ready made replacement for the non-footballing Malian plank. Or maybe THAT'S the grand plan? Panic buy 2 more no-marks so there are more planks for the fans to vent their anger at, thereby lessening the pressure on the non-footballer, who will now magically learn the art of football!!! Blinding!!

Love this club I do, bloody love 'em to bits!!!!

C'mon UURRRZZZZZ!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:17

'30 yr old pole plying his trade in league 1' :?

Sorry, I was under the impression that Rasiak has been scoring goals in the Champ for the last 5 years.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 17:19

Royal Rother
FiNeRaIn Very, very happy with these signings, LOL at all you pessimists. Both have done very well at this level at different points in their careers and if BR can get them playing to their potential they will be two very good, strong signings.

:shock: Shitting down in sock....

Bananas, I presume.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 27 Aug 2009 17:19

papereyes

No. We thought that S Hunt wouldn't perform here again. With a different club, who knows what he'll do. Same as Lita.

Funny, I don't remember that at all.
"Can't get past his man..."
"Can't get a cross in the box to save his life..."
"Barn door, he could not hit..."
etc. were all common phrases linked with S Hunt (and more recently, Kebe).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:20

SteveRoyal
papereyes

Funny, I don't remember that at all.
"Can't get past his man..."
"Can't get a cross in the box to save his life..."
"Barn door, he could not hit..."
etc. were all common phrases linked with S Hunt (and more recently, Kebe).

All comments posted by idiots or those with an agenda.

1201 posts