New signings

1201 posts
Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New signings

by Gordons Cumming » 27 Aug 2009 17:21

Is there such a thing as a HNA stress councillor?

If so, then he/she is going to be very busy for the next week or so.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 27 Aug 2009 17:21

What you have said and what I have said are not mutually exclusive.

The issue was that he wanted to leave Reading. He was playing badly because he didn't want to be here. Is it really that hard to follow?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 17:22

SteveRoyal
papereyes
We thought S Hunt was shocking, but he's done well at Hull.

No. We thought that S Hunt wouldn't perform here again. With a different club, who knows what he'll do. Same as Lita.
It's not even a particularly nuanced opinion either.

Funny, I don't remember that at all.
"Can't get past his man..."
"Can't get a cross in the box to save his life..."
"Barn door, he could not hit..."
etc. were all common phrases linked with S Hunt (and more recently, Kebe).

He was actually doing quite well in the early part of last season. A lot of his corners were being converted into goals.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 27 Aug 2009 17:23

Until the transfer window when his agent told him that we were witholding bids from him.

Now, given what has been said earlier, why might that see him play poorly in the second half of the season and then play well at another club.
I just can't work it out.

:|

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Aug 2009 17:24

Rasiak or Long ?
Kebe or McAnuff ?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 17:26

Barry the bird boggler Rasiak or Long ?

I'd rather Noel Hunt than either of them.

Barry the bird boggler Kebe or McAnuff ?

Tough one this one, I'm not sure. I'd need to see McAnuff play a few games for Reading before making up my mind.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 17:32

strap
Royal Rother The intelligence of RFC supporters has sunk to an all time low - virtually the ONLY thing that Rodgers has done wrong since he's been here is to announce in public that Tommy Smith wanted to come here; other than that he has been dignified, co-operative with the media and open about his thoughts and concerns.

Now, because we are near the bottom after 4 games (just 4 fcuking games) EVERYTHING he does is criticised as being the actions of a desperate man, a useless manager, a cock, a prick, a God-knows-what.

It is truly truly pathetic. He is a young manager with a great reputation in the game as a coach who develops young players - he has a very long history with the club and has been given a great opportunity here to develop his career and the club along new and modern lines; the supporters should be delighted to see him here because he has been a Reading Football Club person, man and boy, who obviously is desperate to succeed here, yet all you lot can do is lay into him.

You should be fcuking ashamed of yourselves.

Bunch of pcunts.

Quite how a 30 yr old Pole plying his trade in League 1 and a billy big bollox who's swanned around London's junior clubs doing jack shit his entire career are expected to haul us into the PL is quite beyond me. So I agree with you Rother - the intelligence of the Royals fans who swallow that bullshit is quite beyond me too!!

Yet another example of the PL ambitions of our fine club.

Plonker. We need to consolidate and the best way to do that is bring some experience into the club - Rodgers obviously has the ambition to get the club into the PL but he has never said it was going to happen this season. Because he has expressed the ambition to get to the PL fools like you interpret that to mean he thinks he will achieve that this season.

We are in transition and hopefully these players will help the process, but nobody is suggesting or expecting them "to haul us into the PL".

Rodgers will make mistakes, and already has done, as is the case with every single bloody manager ever to come into the game, but if ever anyone deserves the patience and backing of the supporters it is a young bloke who has played for and coached at the club from a teenager upwards who has come back with big ambitions and an expanded education at the hands of a master manager.

Anyone not prepared to cut him some slack and support the bloke after 4 games is just about as big a fcuking idiot as you can get as far as I am concerned.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 27 Aug 2009 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:34

Barry the bird boggler Rasiak or Long ?
Kebe or McAnuff ?

Rasiak and McAnuff please, although I don't see why we can't have all 4 playing.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 27 Aug 2009 17:47

Both are experienced and should be able to do a job for us, which is what this young team needs. Separately, I note the praise for Hammond's speedy negotiating skills implicit in all the complaints about this being a knee jerk response to missing out on Smith.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 27 Aug 2009 17:54

Funny thing is right, that buying £12m worth of player is not going to be the catalyst for promotion, after all, we only managed the play offs and shit football with that £12m+ worth of players last season!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2009 18:00

Ideal
Alan Partridge Who were you expecting Reading to sign RL?

I would have expected us to at least show some ambition.
For example:
Jermaine Beckford
Simeon Jackson
Jimmy Abdou
Charlie Lee (twice in a row player of the season for Peterborough)

I would have liked Jackson as that would have been a realistic target but he's a totally different player to what Rasiak is. With Rasiak we're getting a target man, someone who at 6'3 you'd hope is reasonable in the air, and he's got a goalscoring record that rivals most in this league. Jackson is built around his pace and instinct finishing, sort of player I like, with 4 to come you never know.

Beckford isn't a realistic target and to be honest i doubt he'd even come here from leeds, that's even if we'd agreed an extortionate £3million+ for someone out of contract in 9 months.

Can't say I've even heard of the other 2!

I've heard of our two new signings!, and with Rodgers saying he wants up to FOUR more, encouraging at least. Must say yes it does smack of panci buying, quite why they've waited until the last week to do some of these deals you have to wonder a wee bit. The two we've signed today, Rasiak in particular could have been done weeks ago. Maybe not McAnuff, had we got Smith.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 27 Aug 2009 18:02

BR has seen for himself how good or bad the youngsters are, after 4 games he now decides we need up to 6 players, that to me is an admission that he over rated the youngsters, however i would see them all progress under him this season, then either become part of the squad or move on.

We were never going to keep Hunt and Doyle for a second season so something had to give.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 27 Aug 2009 18:03

Jimmy Abdou pmsl

you guys :lol:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2009 18:09

My only fear with the potential 'Super Six' is that we get another TB style disaster. I don't blame Burns for what he did, we were going down regardless and he had 1 day to try and do something, it didn't work.

The fear here is, we don't get a result Saturday, we bring 4 more in, how long is it going to take to work some of these into the first team? Couple of games? Weeks? Months?! Hard to mould a side mid season, if he's bringing in 6 players, have to expect them (unlike Coppell's players) to actually come into the side, with Mills and Bertrand here, that's a possible 8 out of 11 players being brand new players. It could take longer for them to gel. Which given our start, I know it's only 4 games, but it could soon become 10-15 games and we still aren't settled. Then you're playing serious catch up.

That's my only concern, along with of course further player departures apart from Harper who it's a Shay Given that he's gone.

Could be interesting to see the Reading side that line up say end of September to the one that played against Sheffield Utd!

Again though, similarly to TB2, I think Rodgers is doing the right thing, it is now or never, and he has to get fresh blood in and try something. Seen enough in the 6 matches, plus a bit of last season to realise sadly a few of these young lads aren't going to cut it in this league.

dynamo380

by dynamo380 » 27 Aug 2009 18:26

shoey dynamo380, wot you on dude, mcanuff is a good player at this level, i saw him at both palace and watford and was always impressed

shoey and if dynamo is a wfc, then he isnt exactly going to be happy with us getting mcanuff and tell us he is god is he?

Correction, Im very happy that you have McAnuff. There isnt a Watford fan alive who isnt happy to see McAnuff leave WFC. Why? Because he's not very good (putting it politely). He's lazy, very over-rated, doesnt know what a final ball is, nine times out of ten his crosses are woeful and the only time he looks like he can be arsed to summon up the effort to even run is when he plays against palarse.

shoey mcanuff hasnt failed at all, he was wanted at watford, wanted at palace, clubs that want players are not shit

Like I said in an earlier post, McAnuff does have ability but never uses it and it seems he flatters to decieve. Wait to u play Palace or Watford and see what reception the fans give him. That will tell you all you need to know about how succesful he's been at previous clubs.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 27 Aug 2009 18:31

SSN reports that we have now signed Rasiak and McAnuff so it must be true :shock:

Bubbly4Me

by Bubbly4Me » 27 Aug 2009 18:37

Both positive signings for me. Having lived in Watford recently and with relatives there, they're my 2nd club and somewhere I love to go when our matches allow (not often - we seem to be at home when they are pretty much all season)

Always liked Jobi, he's a hard worker. Maybe not the natural talent you'd want but he can make up for that with effort. Always looking forward, which is exactly what we need right now. Take those defenders on Jobi!

Rasiak was also impressive last season at Watford. Used as a 'super sub' somewhat and to good effect.

Still, if I had the choice, I'd be looking at Jackson all day long!

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 27 Aug 2009 18:43

LOL at us.

dynamo380

by dynamo380 » 27 Aug 2009 18:44

Bubbly4Me
Always liked Jobi, he's a hard worker. Maybe not the natural talent you'd want but he can make up for that with effort. Always looking forward, which is exactly what we need right now. Take those defenders on Jobi!

WTF?!? Your taking the piss right? right?

I think u might have confussed McAnuff with someone else - ashley young perhaps? The last time hard work & effort was mentioned near McAnuff he felt feint and had to lie down.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 27 Aug 2009 18:53

Rasiak will score more than Hunt and Long combined

1201 posts