New signings

1201 posts
Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: New signings

by Ark Royal » 02 Sep 2009 15:39

Archie's penalty Have we definitely signed Howard? Nothing about it on our site and just a little line about it on BBC.

I would like to know this as well. I cannot find anything anywhere that states we have signed him.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Sep 2009 15:40

Ark Royal
Archie's penalty Have we definitely signed Howard? Nothing about it on our site and just a little line about it on BBC.

I would like to know this as well. I cannot find anything anywhere that states we have signed him.

Sheff U website says nothing as well.

Weird.

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 02 Sep 2009 15:42

Ark Royal

During Harper's interview yesterday, he said that Howard had come the other way. So im just assuming the paperwork is still to be finialised by the FA/Football League??

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 02 Sep 2009 15:42

Terminal Boardom WIll someone please explain to me why the club gets rid of Rosenior and Harper yet keeps the useless plank that is Kebe?

Kebe is the unpredicable but can produce one piece of magic that can win us a game - sadly Harper and Rosey couldn't...Simples!

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 02 Sep 2009 15:43

Archie's penalty
Ark Royal

Sheff U website says nothing as well.

Weird.

I think we would have heard by now - the FL cannot be that slow!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Sep 2009 15:58

I guess if the deal doesn't go through we will sogn him on loan next week when the loan window opens and then sign him permanently in January.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 02 Sep 2009 16:05

It still says on the Cummings thread on OS that one more inward transfer to co e, just waiting for ratification.

That'll be Howard.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 02 Sep 2009 16:08

my only thought on this misterious third signing (now bare with me as this is a very long shot) but with the FL taking so long to clear him... could it be a foreign player?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 02 Sep 2009 16:09

fester_royal my only thought on this misterious third signing (now bare with me as this is a very long shot) but with the FL taking so long to clear him... could it be a foreign player?

Howard is a Welsh name.

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 02 Sep 2009 16:12

West Stand Flash It still says on the Cummings thread on OS that one more inward transfer to co e, just waiting for ratification.

That'll be Howard.

Yes it does you are quite right - I think that thread may have changed since I last read it. So welcome to RFC Brian Howard.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 02 Sep 2009 16:17

Terminal Boardom WIll someone please explain to me why the club gets rid of Rosenior and Harper yet keeps the useless plank that is Kebe?

From the timing of this comment I can infer that you didn't watch Barnsley 1 - 3 Reading. For 65 minutes of that game he gave you all the reasons you need.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 02 Sep 2009 16:31

West Stand Flash It still says on the Cummings thread on OS that one more inward transfer to co e, just waiting for ratification.

That'll be Howard.

Well maybe - but we are all basing this on rumours in the Sheffield papers and what Harper said in the Sheffield radio interview.

The Sheffield Paper (Star?) has since backtracked hasn't it?

And Harper has never been the sharpest tool in the box has he?

Add to that the fact we all went to bed convinced the unidentified right back was Wright from Ipswich and I would not be at all surprised if this final transfer turns out to be someone completely different............

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 02 Sep 2009 16:41

http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=168780

Whats the point of the transfer window if you can confirm signings after the deadline? Whilst many Royals fans were left disappointed at 5pm on Tuesday, Wednesday morning they were left struggling to keep up with the transfer developments!

Firstly the swap deal involving James Harper and Brian Howard, with Sheff Utd has gone through, both joining on season long loans. That was expected after news broke last night that it had been completed before the deadline and just awaited league approval.

The deals that no one saw coming involve 2 right backs, 1 in, 1 out. Liam Rosenior, who earlier in the week insisted he wanted to stay at the club, joined Ipswich on loan for the season and he was replaced by 20 year old Shaun Cummings from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

Cummings spent the last few weeks on loan at West Brom but jumped at the chance of a permanent move to the Madejski Stadium knowing full well his chances at Stamford Bridge would be limited.

The deals involving Howard and Rosenior have yet to be confirmed by either club but Vital Reading has learned that both deals have been already been completed.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Sep 2009 16:44

winchester_royal
Terminal Boardom
18 months with us and he becomes a matchwinner? Against the team bottom of the Championship? That's where I have been going wrong all this time. One swallow DOES make a summer!!!

Not to mention the fact he had the 2nd most assists for us last season.

Stop being a prat. Kebe is our most dangerous player, and every opposition fan who comes to the Mad Stad that I've spoken to has come away rating him.

If being a prat means disagreeing with you then I can live with that. I don't rate him at all.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Sep 2009 16:54

The Rouge

From the timing of this comment I can infer that you didn't watch Barnsley 1 - 3 Reading. For 65 minutes of that game he gave you all the reasons you need.

No I didn't go to Barnsley. I did all that nonsense in the 80s and 90s thanks.

One game! He has only produced the goods in one frigging game ffs. And it was against frigging Barnsley. Get some perspective.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Sep 2009 16:55

He produced the goods in more than one game, you fecking moron.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Sep 2009 17:00

Eastkentroyal http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=168780

Whats the point of the transfer window if you can confirm signings after the deadline? Whilst many Royals fans were left disappointed at 5pm on Tuesday, Wednesday morning they were left struggling to keep up with the transfer developments!

Firstly the swap deal involving James Harper and Brian Howard, with Sheff Utd has gone through, both joining on season long loans. That was expected after news broke last night that it had been completed before the deadline and just awaited league approval.

The deals that no one saw coming involve 2 right backs, 1 in, 1 out. Liam Rosenior, who earlier in the week insisted he wanted to stay at the club, joined Ipswich on loan for the season and he was replaced by 20 year old Shaun Cummings from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

Cummings spent the last few weeks on loan at West Brom but jumped at the chance of a permanent move to the Madejski Stadium knowing full well his chances at Stamford Bridge would be limited.

The deals involving Howard and Rosenior have yet to be confirmed by either club but Vital Reading has learned that both deals have been already been completed.

Almost as far behind the story as the EPO

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Sep 2009 17:50

Thaumagurist* He produced the goods in more than one game, you fecking moron.

Only really one this season though. I can think of two games this year...Barnsley away and Norwich away.

Still, he is our best Left Wing option and will hopefully produce a similar display every 5 games or so. With Someone else in form on the other wing, that would be acceptable. Just.

Berry

by Berry » 02 Sep 2009 18:22

I spoke to a Sheffield based Blades fan and he assures me Howard has signed, I wished him luck with Harper and then we had a keyboard row after he goaded me about how they beat us recently, Northern Twat! I reminded him that it was about time too, but dont hold out for beating us again now they have Harps!!

boy1985

by boy1985 » 02 Sep 2009 18:25

Berry I spoke to a Sheffield based Blades fan and he assures me Howard has signed, I wished him luck with Harper and then we had a keyboard row after he goaded me about how they beat us recently, Northern Twat! I reminded him that it was about time too, but dont hold out for beating us again now they have Harps!!

well done mate. urzzz!!

1201 posts