Top 3 Reading goals ever

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Top 3 Reading goals ever

by Focher » 11 Sep 2009 22:03

URZZ
Focher Kitson away at Bradford

No Fixed Abode Kitson - away at Bradford was a good un'.

Anyone got a clip of this goal?

i have tried to find it for years but can't, by far the best i have seen in 25 years watching Reading.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Sep 2009 22:07

Quinnie at EP (3-0 Wolves), keepy uppy at an acute angle to goal...volley..get-in!

D la Cruz (3-1 Sheff U), bit part player runs the length of the pitch...shocked everbody including him.

Percy Freeman at EP (cannot remember the opposition...possibly Aldershot, but), 40 yard screamer hit from the quagmire that was once a centre circle.

In all fairness..too many to bore you with.

yappy

by yappy » 11 Sep 2009 22:42

URZZ
leww_rfc ^^^
away from them, on a serious note, i can't think right now but Matejovsky against Liverpool is one surely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ck4aj7k9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht_tWOnG ... re=related

two views of it!! Brill!!

Yeah I was gonna mention that one.

Does anyone actually recall that Sidwell goal I mentioned?

I remember that game well, but I'm not sure if that goal was THAT good. It may have even taken a deflection, or Sidwell didn't catch it quite right, but was a good goal nonetheless. I much preferred Sidwell goal away to Leicester (possibly the season before we went up?). Think it was a free kick outside the box, ball got passed to Sidwell lurking around the area and he absolutely smashed it in.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 11 Sep 2009 22:54

I realise most HNA posters were not there but Fridays goal v Tranmere was the best goal I have ever seen nevermind Readings.End of.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Sep 2009 22:59

'nother vote for Quinny vs Wolves. That was a peach of a shot. I recall it as on the right hand side just outside of the box at the Tilehurst end as you look at it from the right side of the bank. Back to goal, two touches to flick it up and then a left foot volley over his shoulder to hook it into the net. Awesome.

Convey's versus Millwall was something to behold as well. Perfectly taken and timed touches, bravery, a 40 - 50 yard run and a beautifully slotted finish.

Finally I'm going to go for Gooding versus Stoke Jan 96. It's a long time ago, but I remember him picking up the ball around midway on the left, running at Stoke but finding no way through he gradually drifted across the pitch until he'd probably gone halfway across the pitch to just right of central. It was frustrating, expecting him to lose it any second. Then suddenly he smashed a bullet from all of 30-35 yards straight into the net. He'd been going nowhere fast for a good 30 yards before that. The only goal in what I remember to be quite a dull game.

Wish I'd been there to see Friday's goal. But I wasn't even a foetus back then.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 12 Sep 2009 00:40

roberto_11 fozzy got some great goals, this one away at shef united probably the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssxKVAUQQI

i oxf*rd loved Forster what a video that is

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 12 Sep 2009 05:27

1- Trever Senior home to Colchester lge cup 83 a brilliant left foot volley from the edge of the box.

2 - Leroy Lita 2nd goal against WBA in the cup 06 a great build up and a superb shoot

3- Jimmy Quinn Vs Bristol Rovers 94 at EP superb volley

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 12 Sep 2009 06:12

yappy
URZZ
leww_rfc ^^^
away from them, on a serious note, i can't think right now but Matejovsky against Liverpool is one surely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ck4aj7k9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht_tWOnG ... re=related

two views of it!! Brill!!

Yeah I was gonna mention that one.

Does anyone actually recall that Sidwell goal I mentioned?

I remember that game well, but I'm not sure if that goal was THAT good. It may have even taken a deflection, or Sidwell didn't catch it quite right, but was a good goal nonetheless. I much preferred Sidwell goal away to Leicester (possibly the season before we went up?). Think it was a free kick outside the box, ball got passed to Sidwell lurking around the area and he absolutely smashed it in.
I preferred his one against West Brom at the end of 03/04 where he picked it up on the edge of his own area and ran the full length of the pitch to bang it in from 20 yards or so. That was partly because it was a very late goal that kept our faint promotion hopes alive mind you.

I'd also say Glen Little v Plymouth and Forster v Sheff Utd. I wasn't born to see Robin Friday play so I can't really nominate him.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 12 Sep 2009 08:40

Got to agree with bobbybottler here, Simon Osbourne away at Charlton and of course any one of my namesakes trademark goals from the kick off!

Cpl Jones Dont panic

by Cpl Jones Dont panic » 12 Sep 2009 09:03

Some great choices already.

Quinn against Wolves, Convey against Millwall, and Lita Overhead kick would possibly be my fav, but for a couple of wild card entries :

Grant B first goal against Luton, this started the new era for RFC at the Madstat, it was the start of our journey.

Maybe my all time fav, de La Cruz against [sheff utd], he started the run at the back got to the half way line layed it off and never stopped running, picked up the return and went through to score. That was unexpected and the only moment when he showed what he could really do.

Out of interest can any one recall a Mass Sarr goal?

HolyBadger

by HolyBadger » 12 Sep 2009 10:15

I've always liked (I think) Gunnarssons goal against leeds when he managed to evade what must have been five or six players around him to get the shot off.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 12 Sep 2009 10:21

1. Billy Whitehurst's 40 yard lob v Bolton.
2. Simon Osborn's volley at The Valley.
3. Mick Gooding v Plymouth. It was less spectacular than Quinn's last minute winner but a great passing move and finish.

More recently,

1. Blakey at Plymouth.
2. Marek at Anfield.
3. Seoul at Upton Park.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 12 Sep 2009 10:25

Still Hate Futcher! 1. Billy Whitehurst's 40 yard lob v Bolton.
3. Mick Gooding v Plymouth. It was less spectacular than Quinn's last minute winner but a great passing move and finish.

More recently,

1. Blakey at Plymouth.
2. Marek at Anfield.
3. Seoul at Upton Park.

Its Seol.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 12 Sep 2009 11:40

LoyalRoyalFan
Still Hate Futcher! 1. Billy Whitehurst's 40 yard lob v Bolton.

More recently,

1. Blakey at Plymouth.
2. Marek at Anfield.
3. Seoul at Upton Park.

Its Seol.

None of these come near Fridays,sorry.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 12 Sep 2009 11:52

Litas' goal first game for us or something, i remember it being a cracker :mrgreen:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Sep 2009 11:56

Been watching Reading since 88 which isn't as long as some but it's long enough. In that time i have to say that Kitson's at Bradford is technically the best finish i've seen. Really special goal.

Osborn v Oldham - nutmegged Richard Jobson then scooped it up over the keeper. Mega skillz.

MadStad is harder to pick. I'd be tempted by Lita's against West Brom. Super finish to an excellent move.

Little's chip at Plymouth was the best of the promotion season.

Lastly, thanks all for reminding me how much I love Nicky Forster. What a player he was.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Sep 2009 12:19

The next 3?

This is a tough task. I could probably select a top 100 but 3 from that would be impossible. JQ v Plymouth 93/94, Nogs at Wembley 94/95, Archie v Harltepool at Elm Park 93/94 where he volleyed it from outside the area.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 12 Sep 2009 12:32

Jimmy Kebe vs Doncaster at the Mad Stad 12/9/09 during the 09/10 season.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 12 Sep 2009 12:35

Watching Fozzy there makes me wonder how he never got a good crack at the prem with a club.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 12 Sep 2009 12:39

No way I can pick three but if I must it would probably be:

1) Lita's first away at Citeh in 2006-7

2) Nogan at Wembley 1994-5

3) Osborn at Oldham.

I haven't seen so many great goals live unfortunately.