How many games has Rogers got left?

259 posts
OldBiscuit

Re: How many games has Rogers got left?

by OldBiscuit » 19 Sep 2009 09:37

leon
OldBiscuit
Forest Gump Even though the Club management don't appear to be bothered about the success of the team this season I think they will have to act if attendances continue to fall and this is inevitable if we fail to win (or even score) at home.

Therefore I suggest that he has just two games. We need to get a win at Peterborough and must avoid defeat at home to Watford. This is made especially important when you look at the games to follow - away at Preston, home to Boro' and then away at West Brom.

Rogers may be a Reading man at heart but this is not enough. Most of us on this forum could be described as Reading men/women but we would rather have a good manager wherever he is from.

The key quality which, in my opinion we have missed for at least the last two managers, is the frankness to tell the Chairman that his policy of withdrawing investment is a mistake and to tell the squirt Hammond to f*ck the hell off.

WAANKKER!!!!!!!! Alex ferguson needed 4 Years. These are exciting time at Reading. (Forget the SCUM that bood on Wednesday). If you don't like the patient rebuilding of a new team then FOOK OFF!!!!. RFC is better off without your types. Give the man a chance, he has only had a month, make a verdict in a year or two. Meanwhile, you 'Johnny Come lately's' need to get behind the club and cheer them on. I must re-iterate, anyone that bood on wednesday night is a total ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you didn't go Wednesday, did you?

? ? ? ? ? Come again, you have lost me there mate.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2009 09:52

The only booing I heard on Wednesday night was to the Cardiff players who had wasted so much time during the game. And possibly the ref. No-one booed the team, that was the best performance all season. So, if you think people booed the team, it would appear you weren't even at the game.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 19 Sep 2009 09:55

In answer to the question, depends on how we get on.

If we get, say, only 2 points from the next 6 matches, he'll be sacked. If we're bottom at Christmas (very possible) he'll be sacked. All IMO and purely speculative of course.
(Read the small print, no refunds given, subject to terms and conditions and I know as much as the next person i.e. sweet FA.)

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 19 Sep 2009 10:03

Royal Lady The only booing I heard on Wednesday night was to the Cardiff players who had wasted so much time during the game. And possibly the ref. No-one booed the team, that was the best performance all season. So, if you think people booed the team, it would appear you weren't even at the game.

The only booing I heard was directed at the Cardiff players and the ref.....makes me wonder if some people pay attention during the match? Unless they *cough weren't there :)

Brendan has just started and will make this team something special in 6 months. (remind me in 6 months someone in case I was right :) )

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2009 10:04

I think he'll be given until the end of the season at least, if we're doing really badly. JM doesn't want to spend any unecessary money - if a buyer comes in between now and end of season they'll almost certainly appoint their own choice of manager anyway.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Sep 2009 10:12

He's safe until Xmas 2010.

If we go down this season he'll be given the chance to bring us back up (not that i think there is any real prospect of going down...)

We all know the basis he's been appointed and the way SJM works. We aren;t the sort of club that think a manager can build a team in 5 minutes, even if we have some fans who seem to want nothing but instant results.

A change of ownership would be a reshuffling of the cards, impossible to tell what they would do but given the way SJM would conduct a sale I would not expect any buyer to come in with plans to make radical changes.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Sep 2009 10:57

Sun Tzu He's safe until Xmas 2010.

If we go down this season he'll be given the chance to bring us back up (not that i think there is any real prospect of going down...)

We all know the basis he's been appointed and the way SJM works. We aren;t the sort of club that think a manager can build a team in 5 minutes, even if we have some fans who seem to want nothing but instant results.

A change of ownership would be a reshuffling of the cards, impossible to tell what they would do but given the way SJM would conduct a sale I would not expect any buyer to come in with plans to make radical changes.

I agree that whilst JM still owns the club, Rodgers will be given a reasonable amount of time. Change of ownership could mean very different consequences.

It is interesting what you say about the way JM would conduct a sale. You're probably not wrong and for that reason the chances of a sale remain slim until JM realises he can't have his cake and eat it. It's a bit like demanding top dollar for your house and still insisting that the prospective buyer undertakes not to alter anything in the garden once the property becomes his (hers). It's not the real world anymore than thinking you can single-handedly buck the economics and market forces of English professional football.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Sep 2009 13:08

I don't think SJM would place any demands on a new buyer (like the urban myth that the stadium name couldn;t be changed !). Whilst he could put restrictive covenants into a deal I really can;t see he would.

I was meaning more that any sale would (IMHO) be to someone with whom SJM shared views and plans and therefore wouldn;t want to come in and start from scratch.

The Sullivan story does strike me as the sort of thing that may have legs. Already a friend of JM's, track record at a similar club, roughly similar approach financially. You could imagine a discussion over a bottle of something expensive where one says to the other that he'd fancy taking over the reigns, doesn;t see too much he'd want to change etc etc.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Sep 2009 14:33

Looking forward to visiting 'The Sunday Sport Stadium' or maybe even 'The Mary Millington Stadium' then!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Sep 2009 15:00

Ian Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup He's got at least 1.5 seasons.

We knw that when he joined. Why would we give him any less??

If he's taking us down he'll go IMO.

If that happens that happens but I don't think it will.

Madejski may be a tightfisted/shrewd businessman whose stupidity put us in this position but he won't allow relegation again.

BR/SJM will defo keep us up.

And if we just scrape survival I would like to see him stay to build his team.

Parj/McGhee/Coppell all took a while to build their teams. Noone does it overnight.

Brendan has an even more difficult job because he's starting more from scratch than they ever did!

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 19 Sep 2009 17:10

2 world wars, 1 world cup He's got at least 1.5 seasons.

We knw that when he joined. Why would we give him any less??

Because he's a clueless fraudulent tw*t.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Sep 2009 18:54

FWIW if Rodgers does go, then Eddie Howe has to be the man to come in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Sep 2009 20:10

I refuse to call for his head until we've played 10 games. But if we don't win either of those two remaining games before we get there, it really can't be far away.

maf82

by maf82 » 19 Sep 2009 21:03

we should got the gillingham manager instead of rodgers

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Sep 2009 21:06

winchester_royal FWIW if Rodgers does go, then Eddie Howe has to be the man to come in.

Eddie Waring would do a better job at the morning.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 19 Sep 2009 21:45

RoyalBlue
Sun Tzu He's safe until Xmas 2010.

I agree that whilst JM still owns the club, Rodgers will be given a reasonable amount of time. Change of ownership could mean very different consequences.

It is interesting what you say about the way JM would conduct a sale. You're probably not wrong and for that reason the chances of a sale remain slim until JM realises he can't have his cake and eat it. It's a bit like demanding top dollar for your house and still insisting that the prospective buyer undertakes not to alter anything in the garden once the property becomes his (hers). It's not the real world anymore than thinking you can single-handedly buck the economics and market forces of English professional football.

I disagree gents. If we continue to struggle Rodgers position will become untenable. The fans will turn against him. He would certainly not still be in the job if we went down.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Sep 2009 01:47

If we're staring a relegation battle in the face all season he won't last long enough for us to go down.

There is no way the fans or Madejski would settle for poor performances that long without forcing him out.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Sep 2009 01:57

Ian Royal If we're staring a relegation battle in the face all season he won't last long enough for us to go down.

There is no way the fans or Madejski would settle for poor performances that long without forcing him out.

Unfortunately Bullivant springs to mind

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 20 Sep 2009 04:44

Too oxf*rd many.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 Sep 2009 08:24

3 year contract so, including our cup runs that'll be about 140 or so games to go

Of course if new owners come in it could be rather shorter than that...

259 posts