Peterborough (A) Match Thread In Association With The Posh

396 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Peterborough (A) Match Thread In Association With The Posh

by ZacNaloen » 19 Sep 2009 16:36

Proper game of two halves, what footballs all about.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2009 16:36

Thou Voice
Royal Lady I'm not convinced Frank Lampard Snr is the best man for the job tbh.

Does he actually go to our Saturday games, or does he go and watch Junior?

No idea. But he's not exactly got a brilliant track record in management or anything has he? We need a, dare I say it, Steve Coppell type person who will mentor and advise and help coach the team. Not that I'm saying ACTUALLY Steve Coppell, but someone like him.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 19 Sep 2009 16:37

Pablo Hunt on for Church

he's on the bench!

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 19 Sep 2009 16:38

Thats the thing, I bet all those that were complaining about Steve now wish that they'd zipped it.

The people of this board got excatly what they wished for. Fools.

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

Pablo

by Pablo » 19 Sep 2009 16:38

Dorset-Knob
Pablo Hunt on for Church

he's on the bench!

:D

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Sep 2009 16:38

Royal Lady
Thou Voice

No idea. But he's not exactly got a brilliant track record in management or anything has he? We need a, dare I say it, Steve Coppell type person who will mentor and advise and help coach the team. Not that I'm saying ACTUALLY Steve Coppell, but someone like him.

Good shout. Any Reading old boys with experience around to help out?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 19 Sep 2009 16:39

Royal Lady
Thou Voice

Because you know what we need! :roll:

Starfish
Hob Nob Regular

by Starfish » 19 Sep 2009 16:39

I have often seen teams coming from 2-0 down back to 2-2, losing 3-2 in the end.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2009 16:40

Rawlie19
Royal Lady He knew he had to cut the cloth when taking the job. If he wasn't happy with that he should have told Madejski to do one. He obviously felt he could do ok on a small budget and with younger players - seems, so far, he was wrong. But like I said, we don't have any other choice at the moment. I think we could do with someone to help Rodgers with tactics etc. I'm not convinced Frank Lampard Snr is the best man for the job tbh.

I didn't say he didn't know, but how is it his fault? If he was the one who said "all these players need to go, they're not good enough" then fair enough, but I suspect (I admit I'm not itk) that he had a directive and he's done that. Now we're all moaning that he's not good enough to take a bunch of academy players and turn them in to top Championship class players?

Do you actually read other people's posts properly or what? I said, if he knew he had to get rid of players and he wasn't happy to do that, he shouldn't have taken the job. He HAS taken the job, he's bigged himself and the team up on numerous occasions, but he's not been giving us the results.

Alivey

by Alivey » 19 Sep 2009 16:40

If only we listened to Robert Maxwell this could have been avoided...

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 19 Sep 2009 16:40

Starfish I have often seen teams coming from 2-0 down back to 2-2, losing 3-2 in the end.

And winning 4-3 too...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2009 16:41

Deathy
Royal Lady
Thou Voice Does he actually go to our Saturday games, or does he go and watch Junior?

Because you know what we need! :roll:

oxf*rd me, it's an opinion.

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 19 Sep 2009 16:41

Oxford Utd. 3-0 up....Royals could be playing a local derby within two seasons :o.."for the Times they are a-changing"

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Sep 2009 16:42

Aeroguide Oxford Utd. 3-0 up....Royals could be playing a local derby within two seasons :o.."for the Times they are a-changing"

+1

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Sep 2009 16:42

Royal Lady
Rawlie19
Royal Lady He knew he had to cut the cloth when taking the job. If he wasn't happy with that he should have told Madejski to do one. He obviously felt he could do ok on a small budget and with younger players - seems, so far, he was wrong. But like I said, we don't have any other choice at the moment. I think we could do with someone to help Rodgers with tactics etc. I'm not convinced Frank Lampard Snr is the best man for the job tbh.

I didn't say he didn't know, but how is it his fault? If he was the one who said "all these players need to go, they're not good enough" then fair enough, but I suspect (I admit I'm not itk) that he had a directive and he's done that. Now we're all moaning that he's not good enough to take a bunch of academy players and turn them in to top Championship class players?

Do you actually read other people's posts properly or what? I said, if he knew he had to get rid of players and he wasn't happy to do that, he shouldn't have taken the job. He HAS taken the job, he's bigged himself and the team up on numerous occasions, but he's not been giving us the results.

What do you want him to do - come in and say "This team is useless - we'll probably get relegated?" Any good manager bigs his own team up ...

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 19 Sep 2009 16:42

Royal Lady
Rawlie19

Soooo, you'd be happy for somebody else to come in and do the job of cutting our cloth and then turning academy players in to top footballers then? Who? BR HAS to have been the best option seeing his history with us and Chelsea. Whoever the manager would have been the players would be the same, and I can't think of anybody that would get them working any better.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Sep 2009 16:43

Royalwaster
What do you want him to do - come in and say "This team is useless - we'll probably get relegated?" Any good manager bigs his own team up ...

S**t ones do as well.
Last edited by FiNeRaIn on 19 Sep 2009 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Sep 2009 16:43

Aeroguide Oxford Utd. 3-0 up....Royals could be playing a local derby within two seasons :o.."for the Times they are a-changing"

On BBC we're still 2:1 up - maybe the goal's been disallowed! :D

Pablo

by Pablo » 19 Sep 2009 16:43

Kebe to score?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2009 16:43

Even after we've played terribly?? A good manager knows the right things to say at the right time - all he ever says is he can take positives out of every game and how great the fans are. Pah.

396 posts