34%

Total votes: 29
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Brendan - FFS Just End It...

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2009 18:50

Royalee
Thou Voice Just do the honrable thing and leave before you make us the only club that has failed to win a league game home in an entire calander year.

You are crap and we want the guy with no hair back.

You mean the guy who was in charge for the majority of those games we've failed to win at home?

different team though Lee, different team. Still, at least we've got all these great young academy players. Oh.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Sep 2009 18:53

Royal Lady
Royalee
Thou Voice Just do the honrable thing and leave before you make us the only club that has failed to win a league game home in an entire calander year.

You are crap and we want the guy with no hair back.

You mean the guy who was in charge for the majority of those games we've failed to win at home?

different team though Lee, different team. Still, at least we've got all these great young academy players. Oh.

Yeah it is a different team, Michael Duberry who captained the side who finished under Coppell is now turning out for Wycombe and is leading them to relegation from the league below us. We've got a good young team who are gelling.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Sep 2009 18:54

beno Give the man time FFS there is no one better we could have appointed that would work within JM's short coat

Agreed - Rodgers can only work with what he has - some on here expected far too much I think. Whoever took over from SC had a hard job and on top of that most of the top players have gone and Rodgers has to completely rebuild from nothing. It is ridiculous to ask for his head already.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Sep 2009 18:55

Royalee We've got a good young team who are gelling.

I've heard it called many things, but never gelling.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2009 18:55

LOL - is Duberry your only example - he's at the end of his career!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Sep 2009 18:56

Royal Lady LOL - is Duberry your only example - he's at the end of his career!

Mentioning duberry as his only counter point to the argument just shows how week his points are. Don't expect anything less.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Sep 2009 18:59

Rosenior's currently showing his worth on BBC2, Lita can't get a game for Boro, Harding's plying his trade in League 1. Coppell hardly left us a legacy, did he?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2009 19:00

LOL.

gonesy

by gonesy » 26 Sep 2009 19:04

Royalee Rosenior's currently showing his worth on BBC2, Lita can't get a game for Boro, Harding's plying his trade in League 1. Coppell hardly left us a legacy, did he?

Lita can't get a game for a Middlesborough team in serious decline; Harper to Sheff U - they start losing! Rosenior to Ipswich - guarantees they stay below us in the league. Maybe that's the special one jr's masterplan. Now, send Matejovky to Plymouth/Barnsley and that's championship safety guaranteed! :lol:

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 26 Sep 2009 19:25

Brenda you lost your ninth life today.

Please do the honarable thing for RFC an dthe fans and resign tonight, taking your backroom staff of Lampard Snr and Austin with you so Sir John does not have to pay you lot of clowns off.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Sep 2009 19:44

Archie's penalty Who I am kidding? Off to Preston on Tuesday where the relegation bandwagon should gather pace.

Is Royalee around?

It's like visiting the dentist but unlike the dentist i shall turn up.

John Peel

by John Peel » 26 Sep 2009 20:01

I have to disagree and expect to be shouted down. However, it really is early days - we've got another 37 games left. The players just need to learn not to sit back as we did today. Lots of promising play, especially from Jobi. I wouldn't have taken off Sig for Boris, but Jem for Boris. Sig IMO has been one of our best players this season.

The one thing I would have a go at Brendan about is the incosistent team selection and suggest he sticks with the same on Tuesday. Don't know if anyone's noticed, but the majority of Jimmy's good performances always seem to be away. So despite being one of our worst players today, I'd stick with him.

However despite what I've said, the guy should be sacked if we're still in this position come 5pm on 28 November after Derby away. We cannot afford to be relegated or we really will be f*cked. League One is a bitch to get out of - as we know!

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 26 Sep 2009 20:09

Royal Lady Rodgers has hardly given him a chance, why the hell did he bother buying him??

To be fair - and I really don't like being fair, knee jerk prejudice is much more fun - I don't think he did. I can't find it on the OS at the mo but I'm sure Hammond said something on the lines of "we've been watching him for a couple of years now" at the time he was signed.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Sep 2009 20:27

John Peel I have to disagree and expect to be shouted down. However, it really is early days - we've got another 37 games left. The players just need to learn not to sit back as we did today. Lots of promising play, especially from Jobi. I wouldn't have taken off Sig for Boris, but Jem for Boris. Sig IMO has been one of our best players this season.

The one thing I would have a go at Brendan about is the incosistent team selection and suggest he sticks with the same on Tuesday. Don't know if anyone's noticed, but the majority of Jimmy's good performances always seem to be away. So despite being one of our worst players today, I'd stick with him.

However despite what I've said, the guy should be sacked if we're still in this position come 5pm on 28 November after Derby away. We cannot afford to be relegated or we really will be f*cked. League One is a bitch to get out of - as we know!

The reason he took off Sig was that they were completely dominating our midfield second half (and most of first) - so he wanted two holding CM, rather than two attacking ones. Karajan was already doing a very good job at the back, while Howard and The Sig are more attacking. I personally would have taken off Howard though, as I think the Sig brings more energy to the team.

John Peel

by John Peel » 26 Sep 2009 20:31

Royalwaster The reason he took off Sig was that they were completely dominating our midfield second half (and most of first) - so he wanted two holding CM, rather than two attacking ones. Karajan was already doing a very good job at the back, while Howard and The Sig are more attacking. I personally would have taken off Howard though, as I think the Sig brings more energy to the team.

Actually you're right - Howard would've been a much better choice. Can't understand why Sig was subbed. Plus we contined to lose out in the middle of the park even after the substitution.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Sep 2009 20:33

Royalwaster
John Peel I have to disagree and expect to be shouted down. However, it really is early days - we've got another 37 games left. The players just need to learn not to sit back as we did today. Lots of promising play, especially from Jobi. I wouldn't have taken off Sig for Boris, but Jem for Boris. Sig IMO has been one of our best players this season.

The reason he took off Sig was that they were completely dominating our midfield second half (and most of first) - so he wanted two holding CM, rather than two attacking ones. Karajan was already doing a very good job at the back, while Howard and The Sig are more attacking. I personally would have taken off Howard though, as I think the Sig brings more energy to the team.

Watford were walking through our centre midfield throughout the first half so BR HAD to change things. But, why play with only 1 up front in a home game??? There was no closing down of the Watford back 4 at all during the game. We did not put them under any pressure at all. This was where Dave Kitson was so good for us as he defended from the front.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 26 Sep 2009 20:43

Alivey
Row Z Royal I'm ironing my collection of pre-2005 Arsenal shirts as we speak.

do you have a dreamcast one in M :wink:

I HAVE I HAVE I HAVE! With a bergkamp & Ljunbergs' signatures on it framed up on a wall in my study :mrgreen: Won it at a charity event, wonder how much its worth nowdays?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Sep 2009 20:50

It Is What It Is
Alivey
Row Z Royal I'm ironing my collection of pre-2005 Arsenal shirts as we speak.

do you have a dreamcast one in M :wink:

I HAVE I HAVE I HAVE! With a bergkamp & Ljunbergs' signatures on it framed up on a wall in my study :mrgreen: Won it at a charity event, wonder how much its worth nowdays?

About 3 times the value of Reading FC's starting line up today

Pablo

by Pablo » 26 Sep 2009 20:56

John Peel
Royalwaster The reason he took off Sig was that they were completely dominating our midfield second half (and most of first) - so he wanted two holding CM, rather than two attacking ones. Karajan was already doing a very good job at the back, while Howard and The Sig are more attacking. I personally would have taken off Howard though, as I think the Sig brings more energy to the team.

Actually you're right - Howard would've been a much better choice. Can't understand why Sig was subbed. Plus we contined to lose out in the middle of the park even after the substitution.

Totally agree with you about taking Howard off instead of the Sig.

How much did we pay for Howard?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Sep 2009 20:59

Howards awful with no pace. Our worst midfielder by far today, no idea why we've bought this waster. All he's done so far is a good chip, absolutely nothing else.

Would happily play brynjar instead.

417 posts