Back from the game - Watford (h)

193 posts
dynamo380

Re: Back from the game - Watford (h)

by dynamo380 » 28 Sep 2009 13:16

ZacNaloen Tip to the Wind up merchant, it helps to know what you are talking about. Easier to actually upset people then.

I dunno, it all seemed pretty accurate to me...

As it is, I think Reading will do ok this year once Judas sorts himself out. Your only problem atm is that the team isnt settled and thats soley down to Judas. A half decent manager would know what his best team & formation was before the season started (one of the perks of pre-season) not 9 games into the season and still experimenting.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 Sep 2009 13:17

Depends what you're doing with your possession.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 28 Sep 2009 13:17

Ideal That may well be, but still, having only 41%-44% of the possession in a home game is horrendously poor.

Normal figures are 51%-49% between two teams.

Oh dear, the baseball fans are back....

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 28 Sep 2009 13:19

dynamo380
ZacNaloen Tip to the Wind up merchant, it helps to know what you are talking about. Easier to actually upset people then.

As it is, I think Reading will do ok this year once Judas sorts himself out. Your only problem atm is that the team isnt settled and thats soley down to Judas. A half decent manager would know what his best team & formation was before the season started (one of the perks of pre-season) not 9 games into the season and still experimenting.

The bit about us only being in the game in the first 10 is laughable. I don;t think you really believe that.

Took you until the second half to have a shot on target for goodness sake !

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 28 Sep 2009 13:25

Ner ner ner ner ner...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 28 Sep 2009 13:41

dynamo380

Other than the fact barely anyone predicted a win you mean? :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Sep 2009 13:53

Mad Dog's Ghost Spot on Wimb. There isn't a 'best XI' because for all the options Rodgers has, they're all fairly average. The loanees are decent, Karacan could be good, McAnuff had a good 1st half ... but the best manager in the world is not going to improve Cummings' touch or make Rasiak world class or make Kebe even championship class.

And that, together with Wimb's assessment pretty well sums it up. Average at best. And no-one we can bring off the bench who might be able to turn a game in our favour.

I reckon we will survive but it's going to be a long old haul.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 28 Sep 2009 13:55

RoyalBlue

I thought you were off to watch park football anyway ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Sep 2009 14:00

Ideal That may well be, but still, having only 41%-44% of the possession in a home game is horrendously poor.

Well if you average out a large number of games then that is of course the case - but we've had as high as 56% at home (drew 0-0), and 55% away this season - possession stats on their own are a fairly pointless guide.

I've seen stats where a side has had around 30% of the ball and won.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Sep 2009 16:04

Jerry St Clair
LoyalRoyalFan The people around me booed, myself included.

OK, try this............

Go and stand in front of a mirror now and boo. What do you see? Yes, that's right, a moron. Seriously, booing makes you look infantile and idiotic. Use your energy to write a strongly worded letter to the Evening Post instead.

The team is in a bit of a state at the moment. It needs to be sorted out. I wanted Rodgers to take over in the Summer, however he is starting to disappoint me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2009 17:18

Stranded

Well if you average out a large number of games then that is of course the case - but we've had as high as 56% at home (drew 0-0), and 55% away this season - possession stats on their own are a fairly pointless guide.

I've seen stats where a side has had around 30% of the ball and won.

We used to do ~40-45% possession and still win under Coppell quite regularly.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Sep 2009 19:03

Sun Tzu
RoyalBlue

I thought you were off to watch park football anyway ?

Since when has has the Spartan League been park football? Mind you I guess I shouldn't expect too much knowledge of football outside of RFC from some on here. The good thing about that set up is that those involved in running the clubs are genuinely doing it because they love the club and with absolutely no chance of becoming a household name and/or making money out of it.

Just because I disagree with and, in some cases, deplore some of the things being done by the owner and his business management team doesn't mean that I don't still care about a club that I was supporting long before he and his disciples arrived and will still care for long after they have left.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Sep 2009 20:21

Sun Tzu

Like it!!! :)

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 28 Sep 2009 20:45

RoyalBlue Just because I disagree with and, in some cases, deplore some of the things being done by the owner and his business management team doesn't mean that I don't still care about a club that I was supporting long before he and his disciples arrived and will still care for long after they have left.

Agreed.

Pablo

by Pablo » 28 Sep 2009 21:54

Missed the game but just saw the highlights. McAnuff looked good.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 28 Sep 2009 22:01

Uke
Sun Tzu

Like it!!! :)

I am going to stick up for Ideal here. It is all so very easy for supporters to pick on someone for not attending games. The guy lives abroad so he can't get to every game. Therefore, on this count alone, cut him some slack.

Also, being in a foreign country and not being able to see your heroes sucks. Not so long ago I worked abroad and missed half of the 2000/01 and almost all of the 2001/02 seasons. WWW access was limited at best and it was just plain horrible.

At least Ideal cares and cares passionately about the club. Being so far away and being restricted to limited snippets here and there is no substitute and just makes matters worse.

So, please, cut him some slack.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Sep 2009 22:20

'Snippets' are not enough evidence for continuous sniping at the board and football management - nobody's having a dig at him for living away and not being able to attend many games alone, fair play if he gets to any, but to go mental non-stop on here about how shit the management is and throw a hissy fit after every game makes him look rather stupid given how little he actually sees us play.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 28 Sep 2009 22:22

Royalee 'Snippets' are not enough evidence for continuous sniping at the board and football management - nobody's having a dig at him for living away and not being able to attend many games alone, fair play if he gets to any, but to go mental non-stop on here about how shit the management is and throw a hissy fit after every game makes him look rather stupid given how little he actually sees us play.

And how many times have you sniped Royalee? How many times have you asked the tedious question whether or not Ideal was at the game? Strangely enough, Ideals condemnation of BR is not so far removed from your similar condemnation of SSC. Think about it.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Sep 2009 22:37

Terminal Boardom
Royalee 'Snippets' are not enough evidence for continuous sniping at the board and football management - nobody's having a dig at him for living away and not being able to attend many games alone, fair play if he gets to any, but to go mental non-stop on here about how shit the management is and throw a hissy fit after every game makes him look rather stupid given how little he actually sees us play.

And how many times have you sniped Royalee? How many times have you asked the tedious question whether or not Ideal was at the game? Strangely enough, Ideals condemnation of BR is not so far removed from your similar condemnation of SSC. Think about it.

I saw every game in 07/08 and even though I relinquished my season ticket last season the number of games I saw either by attending in person or watching on tv ran into double figures - not really the same is it?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 29 Sep 2009 10:00

My snipe was the same as Sun Tzu's

We all know that even if we had 10% possession and won six-nil or had 90% possession and still lost then the stats are meaningless.

We drew, the stats were approximately 60:40 - so what?

193 posts