Lita's goal

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Lita's goal

by Sarah Star » 03 Oct 2009 21:06

parky To be honest it wasn't supporting the opposition I clapped and chanted Lita's name today because I was making a point to Hammond. This is a striker, something we are in desperate need of and he was on our books Lita never chose to leave Reading he was released and he also scored a goal at the Madjeski somethin Reading striker only do once in a blue moon.

Surely he did choose to leave as he made it clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 03 Oct 2009 21:09

parky To be honest it wasn't supporting the opposition I clapped and chanted Lita's name today because I was making a point to Hammond. This is a striker, something we are in desperate need of and he was on our books Lita never chose to leave Reading he was released and he also scored a goal at the Madjeski somethin Reading striker only do once in a blue moon.

+1

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 03 Oct 2009 21:17

Good finisher. Shame his darker side was taken more seriously that his abilities on the pitch otherwise he might be still with us.

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 03 Oct 2009 21:18

SLAMMED
John Peel I cannot understand why people are slagging those who clapped Lita. I was shocked at how graceful Lita was when came over to the East stand - I honestly thought he was going give it some to us. Thought he deserved the reception he was given. It's nothing about kissing his arse - it's so rare to see that kind of reaction in football and we should appreciate it for what it was.

Totally agree.

+1

It's rare to see such honest and decent reactions (that goes for both Lita and our supporters in applauding him). The only bright spot on a truly dismal afternoon.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 03 Oct 2009 21:21

Sarah Star

Surely he did choose to leave as he made it clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract?

Lets be honest. He was never going to be offered a new contract.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Oct 2009 21:23

Hogmeister Royal
SLAMMED
John Peel I cannot understand why people are slagging those who clapped Lita. I was shocked at how graceful Lita was when came over to the East stand - I honestly thought he was going give it some to us. Thought he deserved the reception he was given. It's nothing about kissing his arse - it's so rare to see that kind of reaction in football and we should appreciate it for what it was.

Totally agree.

+1

It's rare to see such honest and decent reactions (that goes for both Lita and our supporters in applauding him). The only bright spot on a truly dismal afternoon.

'greed. I applauded.

(didn't stand up though)

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Oct 2009 21:53

NH afterwards said that he had heard Parky chanting Lita's name. :roll: And FFS, if you can't spell the name of the man with the big hair then maybe you should just call it a day. :roll: :roll: :roll:

His contract expired. Being released from a contract and not having one are two different things.

You really are quite stupid aren't you. It's a miracle that you actually have the intelligence to work one of these computer thingys.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Oct 2009 22:32

Alivey seol
lita
oster
kebe
bikey
etc

Seol - Got stick for being Lazy, not chasing balls, not for being South Korean.
Lita - Always well supported by the fans despite his off the pitch video and nightclub disturbances.
Oster - Not as good as Little, his main downfall. I doubt half the fans even realised he was Welsh. If we hated the Welsh why do we love Adie Williams?
Kebe - Tries to be fancy, no end product, didn't tackle back but seems to be improving in that area. Again not being as good as Glen Little is his biggest failing.
Bikey - Well liked by the fans but a bit of a liability with bookings
Rougier - No end product, but neither did Gilkes and we loved him.
Hughes - Poor passing, tackling etc etc on no wait, he's English and white :roll:
Savage - Useless.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2009 23:02

Terminal Boardom

NH afterwards said that he had heard Parky chanting Lita's name. :roll: And FFS, if you can't spell the name of the man with the big hair then maybe you should just call it a day. :roll: :roll: :roll:

His contract expired. Being released from a contract and not having one are two different things.

You really are quite stupid aren't you. It's a miracle that you actually have the intelligence to work one of these computer thingys.

Actually, to fail to recognise that the club could have offered Lita a new contract but never chose to do so because they were so desperate to reduce the wage bill is pretty dumb too!

Well I hope Madjeski (and I know it's spelt incorrectly but it irritates him!) is pleased with his money saving schemes and the fact we have no strikers of any real quality left on our books.

Woody_Royal

by Woody_Royal » 05 Oct 2009 02:52

Forbury Lion
Alivey seol
lita
oster
kebe
bikey
etc

Seol - Got stick for being Lazy, not chasing balls, not for being South Korean.
Lita - Always well supported by the fans despite his off the pitch video and nightclub disturbances.
Oster - Not as good as Little, his main downfall. I doubt half the fans even realised he was Welsh. If we hated the Welsh why do we love Adie Williams?
Kebe - Tries to be fancy, no end product, didn't tackle back but seems to be improving in that area. Again not being as good as Glen Little is his biggest failing.
Bikey - Well liked by the fans but a bit of a liability with bookings
Rougier - No end product, but neither did Gilkes and we loved him.
Hughes - Poor passing, tackling etc etc on no wait, he's English and white :roll:
Savage - Useless.

Absolutely spot on.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 Oct 2009 07:09

Excpet that die Williams was local and not welsh, only had Welsh decendants

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 05 Oct 2009 08:51

Gunny Fishcake I didn't cheer him or chant his name but it was a top quality goal and I thought a dignified respectful celebration .......how we'd wish he'd been playing for us today

Trouble is he'd have been crap as usual. He stopped playing well (or even trying) for us a couple of years ago. Played well when out on loan, though. Weird. No doubt he'll score whenever he plays us now (which, thinking about it, will only be this season unless he gets transferred to a League 1 side next season).

Ryn

by Ryn » 05 Oct 2009 09:11

I got the impression that it was an ironic cheer for Leroy when he scored, to say to the club 'this is what we should be doing, scoring goals'.

Reinforced by the ironic cheering when we managed two half-hearted attempts on goal in the dying moments of the game.

"How sh*t must you be, we've just had a shot."

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 05 Oct 2009 21:26

I agree that it was partly ironic. Crowds do this with popular former players, particualrly when they are losing. The Man City fans have cheered Dunn this evening after he scored for Villa against them.

As for racists, there are always a few about, but Reading fans aren't racist. Growing up in Reading, it's par for the course to be at ease on that issue.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 05 Oct 2009 21:45

Alivey seol
lita
oster
kebe
bikey
etc
not really racist we just give them loads of shit for underperforming

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 06 Oct 2009 10:52

It's not that, it's the cheering of his name. Clapping is fine, but he's an opposition player now. So he's with us or against us. :twisted:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 06 Oct 2009 11:12

That's how I saw the clapping.

Not for Lita (though it was a very good goal) but a nod at the management. Look what we've let go for nothing. That's the quality of finishing we need in the team. We have no-one at the moment I can see. Or Church is suddenly going to surprise us. :roll:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Oct 2009 11:43

Dunne showed how to behave last night.

He's the one that deserves a bit of respect, not like you mongs all chanting Leroy's name when he's given it the big celebration for the previous two minutes.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 06 Oct 2009 11:56

Am I reading this thread correctly, that people at the game were chanting and wanting Lita back?

How fickle! Didn't people want him to go cos he had a bad attitude and all that malarky? :roll:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Oct 2009 12:19

Thaumagurist* Am I reading this thread correctly, that people at the game were chanting and wanting Lita back?

How fickle! Didn't people want him to go cos he had a bad attitude and all that malarky? :roll:

Such a bad attitude that one of Reading's current players is saying how he wished Leroy had stayed in today's EP.

All Lita wanted was to play. Whether he deserved to is a different question. He wasn't the one criticising everything about the club, banging on the door wanting a transfer as soon as Reading were relegated then coming back like some sort of prodigal son as Kitson did, only then to be absolute MINCE.

If he plays semi regularly in this league say 25-30 starts he'll get 15 goals. His all round game might not be that of a Doyle but like Chopra if he gets half a yard in or around the box he'll shoot and get goals. He'll mis chances at times but that's the sort of player he is. In a team that creates he'll do the business, as we saw Saturday he's also occasionally capable of 'something out of nothing' type goal.