When was the last time you saw Reading win?

Shaka

When was the last time you saw Reading win?

by Shaka » 21 Oct 2009 12:07

Last time I saw us win was when we beat Wolves at home. Since then, I have been to all the home league games plus QPR twice, Plymouth, Burnley and West Brom away which makes 20 games in a row where I haven't seen Reading win.

Anyone got a worse record than that?

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

Re: When was the last time you saw Reading win?

by Readingfanman » 21 Oct 2009 12:14

I'm on 16 due to not going to home games this season particulary.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Oct 2009 12:18

Bizarrely I went to the Burton Albion game which is the only thing that saves me from also being on 20 games.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Oct 2009 12:19

LOL, I missed Preston, Barnsley and Burton this season and only actually attended 5 or 6 games last season - obviously I've seen wins on TV, but the last time I actually was there to see a Reading win was...

Derby when we were relegated from the Prem nearly 18 months ago!

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 21 Oct 2009 12:20

Last Home win I saw :

11 Aug Burton Albion H League Cup 1 5-1

last League win I saw :

Tue 17 Mar 09 CHAMPIONSHIP DONCASTER ROVERS (A) W: 1-0

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 21 Oct 2009 12:23

Only Norwich in April. Still a long time though!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Oct 2009 12:24

Wolves (h)

Been to 20 games since then

To the gobby gobshite in lower tier denouncing any criticism yesterday - I feel more than entitled to my opinion, cock.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 21 Oct 2009 12:24

Norwich in April.

I watched the playoffs where football was the winner. Does that count?

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 21 Oct 2009 12:25

Wolves at home, January?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 21 Oct 2009 12:29

Barnsley Away this season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 12:30

URZZZZZZZZ Only Norwich in April. Still a long time though!

Same here.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 21 Oct 2009 12:32

Dec 13th 2008.

In fairness though I've only seen 9 matches since then. And they've all been at home.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 21 Oct 2009 12:37

Schards#2 Wolves (h)

To the gobby gobshite in lower tier denouncing any criticism yesterday - I feel more than entitled to my opinion, cock.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion - but do you think that it is going to help the team or the manager??! The youngsters have proably never been in this situation where they can't win for toffee and their supporters turing on them and the manager!! I'm not suprised the team haven't won at home with the shit support we have!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 12:39

Royal_Belly
Schards#2 Wolves (h)

Of course you are entitled to your opinion - but do you think that it is going to help the team or the manager??! The youngsters have proably never been in this situation where they can't win for toffee and their supporters turing on them and the manager!! I'm not suprised the team haven't won at home with the shit support we have!!

Yes it is, because it'll force Rodgers out and we can get in someone competent. Most of the abuse was aimed at Rodgers not the players. And pretending everything is fine is hardly going to help.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 21 Oct 2009 12:45

Royal_Belly
Schards#2 Wolves (h)

I think the home support have been quite staggeringly patient and supportive given the utter dross they've been served up for so long.

That patience has had no effect in improving performances so maybe some, entirely warrented criticism will.

Even these players are earning more a week than most fans do in a month, I think they can live with some home truth from people who stump up a fortune to watch their pitiful efforts.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 21 Oct 2009 12:45

Ian Royal
Royal_Belly
Schards#2 Wolves (h)

Yes it is, because it'll force Rodgers out and we can get in someone competent. Most of the abuse was aimed at Rodgers not the players. And pretending everything is fine is hardly going to help.

Now look who the idiot is... if you think that BR/Chairman/players are pretending everything is fine then you are mad!! This is hurting BR just as much as it's hurting us! Don't get me wrong I'm not happy about how things are going but no other manager is gong to come in and become a miracle worker and turn things around either! I just hate that 3 months in to the season and the Reading fans are throwing their toys out the pram... Aim it at the people at the top of the pyrimid - they are the ones that aren't giving us a chance!

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 21 Oct 2009 12:48

Schards#2
Royal_Belly
Schards#2 Wolves (h)

I think the home support have been quite staggeringly patient and supportive given the utter dross they've been served up for so long.

That patience has had no effect in improving performances so maybe some, entirely warrented criticism will.

Even these players are earning more a week than most fans do in a month, I think they can live with some home truth from people who stump up a fortune to watch their pitiful efforts.

If you're watching the same games as me then you will clearly see that the results aren't due to the fact that the players aren't trying hard enough - I think they are putting more effort in then the team of last season - they just aren't good enough for this league! and then we come back to the argument at who's fault that is....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Oct 2009 12:49

Actually, I'd say another manager COULD turn it around - dont' get me wrong, I don't mean we'd suddenly be top of the table, but I think another manager could come in, rally the troops, sort out who he thinks is the best team and play that team for more than one game, devise some tactics and get the players to follow them, give them some encouragement and give us fans something to cheer about - if only a sign of improvement. I'm not asking for the world here!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 21 Oct 2009 12:50

Schards#2 Wolves (h)

I witnessed that Schards. That was a little OTT.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 21 Oct 2009 12:53

Preston. Three games ago.

I haven't got the hang of this "Rodgers out" business have I? :?