How the current lot may develop under Rodgers

Blue_Elm

Re: How the current lot may develop under Rodgers

by Blue_Elm » 24 Oct 2009 00:09

The current lot will all dissapear eventually popping up for Cheltenham, Bournemouth, Aldershot or Northampton once in a while...

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 24 Oct 2009 08:27

As long as we know where Rodgers will be managing next then...

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 24 Oct 2009 13:55

I've just read through this thread for the first time, and what stands out is Rodgers's praise for Henry. He said he even tried to bring him to Chelsea. So he expected Henry to play a big part and has in fact sent him out on loan. What's that about?

I wasn't overimpressed with Henry when he came in for a few games last season, but he has a superb cross on him, and if Coppell trusted him, that says something to me. Is a useful resource being wasted?

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 24 Oct 2009 14:18

facaldaqui I've just read through this thread for the first time, and what stands out is Rodgers's praise for Henry. He said he even tried to bring him to Chelsea. So he expected Henry to play a big part and has in fact sent him out on loan. What's that about?

I wasn't overimpressed with Henry when he came in for a few games last season, but he has a superb cross on him, and if Coppell trusted him, that says something to me. Is a useful resource being wasted?

:lol:

Henry is a talented player but he is egotistical, doesnt train hard and has an attitude problem. when he had his spell at Norwich Dion dublin said on commentary before the brum game that henry "..likes to think he is a great player..." He needs to show this on the pitch. As for coppell trusting him I disagree. He had a good game at brum followed by a poor one with cardiff and then was immediately dropped. Compare that to the 'more experienced players' who could play badly for 3 games in a row and still start the next game. As for henry this season. well what the hell has done to deserve to start. He's been awful in the chances he's had, albeit in the cup, which is why he's at millwall. Yes, he did score a hattrick but 1 game doesn't make a player and if he wants to play for us he needs to show consistency, otherwise he'll be gone.

Cookie

by Cookie » 24 Oct 2009 19:40

facaldaqui I've just read through this thread for the first time, and what stands out is Rodgers's praise for Henry. He said he even tried to bring him to Chelsea. So he expected Henry to play a big part and has in fact sent him out on loan. What's that about?

I've heard Henry is a bit of a gobshite. Wouldn't knuckle down and do as he was told. :cry:

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 24 Oct 2009 19:45

I'm not saying Henry should be in the team, because I am not sure. What I'm saying is that Rodgers changed his mind about him ridiculously quickly. We've had disruptive gobshites in the team before: it's a question of managing them.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Oct 2009 19:57

Believe me, Coppell didn't trust him to do what he was meant to do on the pitch.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Oct 2009 07:34

Sigurdsson, Karacan and Pearce look to be the best players we have from the academy who could cut it at this level.

Hamer, Davies, Church, Kelly and Robson-Kanu just have not had enough exposure to know one way or another as yet.

Henry keeps getting loan deals and to be honest there comes a point when that is just not good enough to justify retaining a player on the books.

Soon we'll be looking towards the next level of Academy "startlets" - Bignall, Bell-Baggie, Taylor and Antonio.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 25 Oct 2009 08:48

They may well develop well, but if there's a good chance that we'll be relegated it won't be with Rodgers.
The chance isn't 'good' for me yet.

Getting there though.