Back the Boys???

ROKERITE

Re: Back the Boys???

by ROKERITE » 26 Oct 2009 10:59

rhroyal
Terminal Boardom
SSC back in the hotseat? Why would he want to tarnish his reputation? He got out at the right time. He won't come back here!!!

Coppell is not a normal manager, don't write the idea off.

Obviously, Coppell is, quite rightly, held in the highest esteem by Reading supporters. His achievement in winning the Championship with a record number of points surely makes him the greatest manager in your history. However, this is the same Steve Coppell who managed Reading to no wins and just three points from the final nine home matches last season. Terminal Boardom is correct; Coppell left at the right time. It looks as if poor Rodgers, on the other hand, arrived at the wrong time. How he must wish he'd stayed in the comfort of Vicarage Road.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 26 Oct 2009 11:21

I agree the fans have been exceptionally tolerant so far but that tolerance seemed to come to an end at QPR which was understandable once the goals started going in. However I hope the team show full commitment from the start this evening and that the fans respond to that. I don't think some of the chants at QPR such as 'we're gonna lose 5-0' before a goal had even been scored can have helped very much and the 'how' song we nicked from Fulham fans has worn very thin now.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Oct 2009 11:23

Most Reading fans are pathetic and always have been.

I'll get behind the boys tonight, and I hope the rest of the ground do, it's what the players need to give them that lift which could turn our season around.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Oct 2009 11:26

Basingstoke Royal
Platypuss
Basingstoke Royal Have we really though?

Have the fans really played there part in any game this season?

How would you measure such an effect?

The stadium has been flat this season in comparison to other seasons and that nervousness translates to the players.

I know its difficult to get excited by what we are seeing on the pitch but for one game lets give it our all and see what happens - at least we can say we made an effort.
The reason the stadium is flat is because the club are attracting the wrong type of fans by comming out with rubbish about "we're pushing for promotion" and "I believe we can still go up this year".

The manager is paid to motivate the players, It's one of the key elements to being a good manager. If a manager isn't much good at it he needs to employ someone to do it for him (as Pardew did when he recruited Allen).

Players are paid to play, We pay to attend the Madejski stadium so if we want to sit and read a book or watch a game of football we have the right to do so. If the players want a choir singing their praise they should chip in and hire one.

If the club want to pay off my contract (season ticket) and bring in a younger more excitable prospect to sit in my seat and get all excited then I won't have any objections whatsoever.

I commit to laying off the players, abusing them isn't going to help and will applaud any good play but if you think I'm going to clap and cheer everytime we look like winning a throw in or a tackle your having a laugh.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Oct 2009 11:30

I don't think people will be booing or jeering or chanting "Rodgers Out" when the teams come out and when kick off starts. I do, however, expect unrest if we play like a bunch of 6 year olds and don't at least appear to be trying 100% - whatever the result. If we lose 3-0 but every player out there gave their all and we were beaten by an obviously better team, there won't be any grumbling from me.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 26 Oct 2009 11:33

If the fans turn, at least be vocal towards the manager and not the team. They're doing what they're told by the inept Rodgers. He brought them into the team, he coaches them. Rodgers thinks we're happy with him, tell him otherwise if that's how you feel. But don't just boo, because that effects the players!

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Oct 2009 11:34

Have the fans really played there part in any game this season?[/quote]

How would you measure such an effect?[/quote]

The stadium has been flat this season in comparison to other seasons and that nervousness translates to the players.

I know its difficult to get excited by what we are seeing on the pitch but for one game lets give it our all and see what happens - at least we can say we made an effort.[/quote]The reason the stadium is flat is because the club are attracting the wrong type of fans by comming out with rubbish about "we're pushing for promotion" and "I believe we can still go up this year".

The manager is paid to motivate the players, It's one of the key elements to being a good manager. If a manager isn't much good at it he needs to employ someone to do it for him (as Pardew did when he recruited Allen).

Players are paid to play, We pay to attend the Madejski stadium so if we want to sit and read a book or watch a game of football we have the right to do so. If the players want a choir singing their praise they should chip in and hire one.

If the club want to pay off my contract (season ticket) and bring in a younger more excitable prospect to sit in my seat and get all excited then I won't have any objections whatsoever.

I commit to laying off the players, abusing them isn't going to help and will applaud any good play but if you think I'm going to clap and cheer everytime we look like winning a throw in or a tackle your having a laugh.[/quote]

Agreed, +1 nice post FL 8)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Oct 2009 11:39

I am more annoyed at the board than Clodagh, although he's catching up fast....

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 26 Oct 2009 12:01

rg6royal Most Reading fans are pathetic and always have been.

I'll get behind the boys tonight, and I hope the rest of the ground do, it's what the players need to give them that lift which could turn our season around.

Yeah, I think it's time for no.13 to stand up and be counted.

I wholeheartedly agree that there have been games when the crowd has started energetically trying to will the team on and then got bored and bemused by what they've seen and given up. Fair enough, I'm as guilty as anyone.

But as I've said elsewhere, just go out there tonight and enjoy yourself and have a bit of pride. I'm not going to sit like a lemon and watch my team capitulate. Equally, I'm not going to boo and jeer (well, not until the end of the game or after a Leicester CB dribbles from his own box and does a rainbow flick over adam federici to make it 3-0 after a half hour) :lol:

Forget all this 'the fans can lift the team, but sometimes the team needs to lift the fans' rubbish. Just turn up and show that even if the team is pants, that contrary to popular belief, Reading fans are not. Then when the time comes (the final whistle or 6-0 down... boo and jeer all you want). And believe me I'll be doing it too. I am NOT averse to booing and showing how angry we are. :evil:

Would be nice to hear leicester fans on the radio after we've been beaten 5-0 saying how amazing the support was considering the circumstances and how their opinion of reading fans has been completely turned on it's head.

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 26 Oct 2009 12:06

rob the royal

Yeah, I think it's time for no.13 to stand up and be counted.

I wholeheartedly agree that there have been games when the crowd has started energetically trying to will the team on and then got bored and bemused by what they've seen and given up. Fair enough, I'm as guilty as anyone.

But as I've said elsewhere, just go out there tonight and enjoy yourself and have a bit of pride. I'm not going to sit like a lemon and watch my team capitulate. Equally, I'm not going to boo and jeer (well, not until the end of the game or after a Leicester CB dribbles from his own box and does a rainbow flick over adam federici to make it 3-0 after a half hour) :lol:

Forget all this 'the fans can lift the team, but sometimes the team needs to lift the fans' rubbish. Just turn up and show that even if the team is pants, that contrary to popular belief, Reading fans are not. Then when the time comes (the final whistle or 6-0 down... boo and jeer all you want). And believe me I'll be doing it too. I am NOT averse to booing and showing how angry we are. :evil:

Would be nice to hear leicester fans on the radio after we've been beaten 5-0 saying how amazing the support was considering the circumstances and how their opinion of reading fans has been completely turned on it's head.

Or even better; the Reading fans on the radio after beating Leicester 5-0, saying how wonderful The Foxes supporters were in defeat!

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 26 Oct 2009 12:11

ROKERITE
rob the royal Would be nice to hear leicester fans on the radio after we've been beaten 5-0 saying how amazing the support was considering the circumstances and how their opinion of reading fans has been completely turned on it's head.

Or even better; the Reading fans on the radio after beating Leicester 5-0, saying how wonderful The Foxes supporters were in defeat!

We can but dream...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Oct 2009 12:13

+1 although i wouldnt say 'always have been' just in recent seasons it has becoming more and more apparent. Even if a new manager was to come in he would get stick after.... 2 games

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2009 12:18

brendywendy i think its about 33.333333% each for - angry at manager, angry at JM/board, just randomly angry

15% team, 5% JM, 80% Rodgers for me.

How about we're given something to back?

PardewsLoveChild

by PardewsLoveChild » 26 Oct 2009 12:26

That's the most accurate post ever on this board..........

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Oct 2009 12:41

PardewsLoveChild

I'm sorry but it's rubbish - at the beginning of the season everyone was behind the team - to be fair, even after some of the rubbish play we've had to witness, the majority of the fans have been pretty good - you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Rodgers obviously can't motivate them, they know we've not won at home for months and months, nothing has changed (whatever combination of players is put out there) in the style of play or the manner of play and I can't see that changing suddenly over night, whether we all go mental in cheering them on, or if it was as quiet as a morgue.

Ryn

by Ryn » 26 Oct 2009 12:54

Back the boys? Sorry, tried that, hasn't worked yet this year, though it's not their fault.

I am sick to death of this dross that the man Rodgers is serving up to us. The players are unfit and clueless, the person responsible for that is Rodgers and that is who will be the subject of my vitriol tonight.

The sooner we get rid of this talentless excuse of a manager the better, then we can get someone in who's man enough for the job.

I've never felt quite so passionate about something in my life, it's most unlike me :mrgreen:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Oct 2009 12:59

And another thing.... Rodgers thinks the majority of the fans are ENJOYING our games at the moment. It's probably about time we made him realise how wrong he is.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Oct 2009 13:06

PardewsLoveChild

You've clearly either, not experienced many games, or read much of this board's content!

Reading fans are no more or less pathetic than anybody else's!

Fans support teams through thick and thin, but fans aren't mugs, we know when things are not as they should be, and as customers we have the right to complain if we so choose!

Football is a sport to be enjoyed and appreciated, not a blind religious faith

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 26 Oct 2009 13:11

Give me something that is backable, and I'll back it.
If I'm served up with another helping of laughable ineptitude, I'll laugh at it - before getting angry, that is.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Oct 2009 13:14

Royal Lady And another thing.... Rodgers thinks the majority of the fans are ENJOYING our games at the moment. It's probably about time we made him realise how wrong he is.

RL

after tonight s game,
Last edited by brendywendy on 26 Oct 2009 13:18, edited 1 time in total.