PROTEST

Tadleys Finest

Re: PROTEST

by Tadleys Finest » 26 Oct 2009 16:32

Hugo Boss
Alan Partridge Mine had 'Gurney 18' on them. ALOL @ Reading giving Torquay £100,000 for that joke. :lol:

Gurney > Kebe

No way is Kebe as bad as Gurney, he was a shocking player.. I was at a game once where a bloke shouted 'leave it' or something similar from the stands and he actually did.. allowing an opposition player to steal in and almost score.. worst player ever!!

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Oct 2009 16:35

Tadleys Finest
Hugo Boss
Alan Partridge Mine had 'Gurney 18' on them. ALOL @ Reading giving Torquay £100,000 for that joke. :lol:

Gurney > Kebe

No way is Kebe as bad as Gurney, he was a shocking player.. I was at a game once where a bloke shouted 'leave it' or something similar from the stands and he actually did.. allowing an opposition player to steal in and almost score.. worst player ever!!

Pretty much true, but I also remember, (vaguely) Gurney scoring a superb goal out of nowhere!

Tadleys Finest

by Tadleys Finest » 26 Oct 2009 16:49

TBF though Dorset he was trying to clear it :wink:

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 26 Oct 2009 17:06

Good job we don't chuck away £100k on low quality full backs these days.

Oh, hang on ..

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Oct 2009 17:08

Tadleys Finest TBF though Dorset he was trying to clear it :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

traff

by traff » 26 Oct 2009 17:11

How about CLOTH day?

Showering the pitch with cut up pieces of material

Chairman's Lost Our Towns Hopes

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Oct 2009 17:22

"Fright-Night" you must have the appropriate facemask for a horror show, accompanied by the songs from the "Rocky Horror" show! Either that or "Tubular Bells" from the "Exorcist" oh feck it's an instrumental, the voices must be in my head!!! :twisted:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 26 Oct 2009 17:58

Dorset-Knob Either that or "Tubular Bells" from the "Exorcist" oh feck it's an instrumental, the voices must be in my head!!! :twisted:

Viv Stanshall may beg to differ...:-)

Wouldn't it be good to have him on the PA !!

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 26 Oct 2009 18:07

Sun Tzu
Dorset-Knob Either that or "Tubular Bells" from the "Exorcist" oh feck it's an instrumental, the voices must be in my head!!! :twisted:

DMBAP

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 26 Oct 2009 18:41

Royal We
Sun Tzu

DMBAP

I'm sure he'd find a suitably surreal way round that ;-)

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 26 Oct 2009 18:48

The original Pants Day manifesto We advocate the WAVING of PANTS as an expression of good-natured criticism for the lack of effort, passion and style shown by our team
We wish to unite the Reading fans with a catalyst, which is safe, fun and newsworthy.
We wish to raise our club's profile and the awareness of the directors of our passion for the club and the need to invest even more in our hopes and aspirations
We want to re-awaken the interest of stay away fans, re-creating an atmosphere at the Madejski stadium to rival and exceed that of Elm Park.
We want to prevent illegal, unsafe or dangerous activities, such as pitch invasions
We want to be proud of our Football Club, excited by our team and we want to, once again, enjoy being Reading supporters.
We want all supporters to act responsibly and create a carnival atmosphere in all parts of the ground, except the South stand where we hope the gloom-and-doom of disappointment will settle over the away fans for a change.

That's the way to do it !

Protest, but with a sense of humour, not just slagging an individual or the players. Recognising that the fans CAN play a part. Being positive in a disappointing situation.

Ten years on and the thoughts behind it and the subsequent events could easily be something worth bringing back, but it was never about getting rid of a manager....

Current thoughts are very far behind the Pants Day initiative IMHO but maybe someone will come up with something original but with as much power.

I would like to make it clear I had no part in organising Pants Day!!