Hob Nob Addict

Re: FAO Rodgers

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Oct 2009 08:07

Kebe and Long, greatest substitute options in the history of the game :shock:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Oct 2009 08:38

I never thought I would find myself saying this but Rodgers deserves at least one more game. :shock: :o For the first time in ages I saw (very) encouraging signs including, most of all, commitment/effort/desire. He's right, if we paly like that every game, we'll win more than we lose (assuming our luck turns e.g. shot goes 6" inside the post rather than 6" outside, etc). If we revert to form at Coventry (shambles, no desire, etc) then he's got to go, and I think he will (courtesy of Madejski).

AbingdonRoyal

by AbingdonRoyal » 27 Oct 2009 08:41

What I learnt from last night is that a lot of Reading fans, not all, but particularly the ones sitting at the bottom of Y25/26 are just plain stupid. I do not see how anyone can support Rodgers. He has no record as a manager and the stats show he has done nothing for us. His supporters seemed to be sucked in by the crap that he talks and seem happy just to watch this club go down the drain.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Oct 2009 08:52

Man Friday wrote: I never thought I would find myself saying this but Rodgers deserves at least one more game.

You must be joking Brenda has had six games too many already....... Football is a results business he has tinkered and is not getting the results so he has to go.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 27 Oct 2009 09:06

Are we so desperate that we play the smallest player in the squad who is a left sided midfielder at right back, to link up with our star left sided 'winger' from Watford!! This most be the worst strike force I have seen at Reading for many a year. You get what you pay for and Rasiak was woeful, lack of pace and hardly wins anything in the air. Church scuffed fiev out of his six attempts at and is not good enough at this level.

As good as the build up play was last night, the defence is very pedestrian at times and Perace worries me. Would must prefer Odea partnered with MIlls.

If it wasn't for Madjseski, at most other clubs, Rodgers would probably be on his way by now.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 27 Oct 2009 09:14

Bring Ingi in for Pearce,leave the rest to play a few games together,to try and gel as a team,if that doesn't work then make changes.
Chopping and changing isn't going to help.If we can bring a striker in on loan and we still aren't scoring,swap for Rasiak.

royalsoldaten

by royalsoldaten » 27 Oct 2009 09:31

Rasiak.....awful, offside more often than not, and a crap touch throughout, bargain basement and it shows...Hunt and Long are our best options up front until we fork out for some quality!!

midfield diamond

by midfield diamond » 27 Oct 2009 11:12

royalsoldaten Rasiak.....awful, offside more often than not, and a crap touch throughout, bargain basement and it shows...Hunt and Long are our best options up front until we fork out for some quality!!

Fully agree on Rasiak; he's taller than most but doesn't jump much and wins a low percentage of balls in the air. Comparable performer to Keith Scott and Bas Savage.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Oct 2009 11:32

How anyone can say Pearce played well is beyond me. Rasiak will score goals as his career record is good but they're going to have to be pretty much teed up for him.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Oct 2009 11:53

AbingdonRoyal What I learnt from last night is that a lot of Reading fans, not all, but particularly the ones sitting at the bottom of Y25/26 are just plain stupid. I do not see how anyone can support Rodgers. He has no record as a manager and the stats show he has done nothing for us. His supporters seemed to be sucked in by the crap that he talks and seem happy just to watch this club go down the drain.

So you were one of the 'clever' fans at the top chanting 'you don't know what you're doin' then?

I imagine those fans at the bottom were impressed by last night's performance, saw the amount of passion being put into the game, and wanted to support both the team and Rodgers as there are signs that we are moving forward.

working class hero

by working class hero » 27 Oct 2009 11:54

You get what you pay for

Kitson / Hunt / Hunt again / Doyle.....?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Oct 2009 12:00

lol at the totally differing opinions on here on almost every player, any aspect of the game, any positives/negatives/manager/whos to blame for all this.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Oct 2009 12:07

As I've always said, negativity and positivity are inbuilt character traits. Most people have little option but to sway the way their DNA dictates.

I have been negative about in the past, but am much more comfortable being positive. I can't help it. For many the opposite is the case.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 27 Oct 2009 12:11

winchester_royal
AbingdonRoyal What I learnt from last night is that a lot of Reading fans, not all, but particularly the ones sitting at the bottom of Y25/26 are just plain stupid. I do not see how anyone can support Rodgers. He has no record as a manager and the stats show he has done nothing for us. His supporters seemed to be sucked in by the crap that he talks and seem happy just to watch this club go down the drain.

So you were one of the 'clever' fans at the top chanting 'you don't know what you're doin' then?

I imagine those fans at the bottom were impressed by last night's performance, saw the amount of passion being put into the game, and wanted to support both the team and Rodgers as there are signs that we are moving forward.

HA HA HA... I saw these people too, there was this one chappy who went beetroot red everytime he started chanting "you don't know what your doing" ... not sure if it was a blood pressure problem or the sheer embarrassement of chanting that with 10 other people?!!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Oct 2009 12:14

FACT

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Oct 2009 15:31

midfield diamond
royalsoldaten Rasiak.....awful, offside more often than not, and a crap touch throughout, bargain basement and it shows...Hunt and Long are our best options up front until we fork out for some quality!!

Fully agree on Rasiak; he's taller than most but doesn't jump much and wins a low percentage of balls in the air. Comparable performer to Keith Scott and Bas Savage.

I thought Rasiak had a pretty decent game in the first half - certainly won way more than a handful of balls in the air and made good runs. Faded int eh second half, but wasn't alone there.

More than a few cases of "give a dog a bad name" going on.