How many games has Rogers got left?

259 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How many games has Rogers got left?

by Royal Lady » 27 Oct 2009 09:25

I know. I was just saying, I doubt the meeting was to sack him. Hopefully, if it took place, was to tell him how many games he has left to turn it around.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 27 Oct 2009 09:35

Royal Lady I know. I was just saying, I doubt the meeting was to sack him. Hopefully, if it took place, was to tell him how many games he has left to turn it around.

Well things very rarely just happen at the drop of a hat in football. He could well have been told already that enough is enough, and they're bringing someone else in - ala Southgate for example. But now I'm just fanning flames. :wink:

Rather worryingly, Tony Adams and Steve Cotterall we're in the stands watching last night.
Fan fan, fwoof fwoof.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Oct 2009 09:36

:lol: :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2009 10:10

It was manager central yesterday.

Pards, Dave Jones, Stuart Pearce, Chris Colman, Magilton, Redknaap... I lost count.

Ryn

by Ryn » 27 Oct 2009 10:22

Ideal I wonder why there aren't more adverse reactions, people seem satisfied that we lost another game.
Are expectations that low?

Just given up now I think Ideal. Waiting for the inevitable, and it can't come quick enough. How many games has Rodgers got left? I'd say about minus one now, should have gone after QPR.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 27 Oct 2009 12:45

(.)Boobies(.) This isn't from my usual reliable sopurces, so don't quote me, but apparently there was an emergency meeting held last night. Rodgers seen leaving the ground afterwards looking very drawn and lost. But don't quote me this time!

The emergency board meeting happened midweek with BR present - FACT!! However it wasn't disclosed as to what got said!!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Oct 2009 13:45

Royal_Belly
(.)Boobies(.) This isn't from my usual reliable sopurces, so don't quote me, but apparently there was an emergency meeting held last night. Rodgers seen leaving the ground afterwards looking very drawn and lost. But don't quote me this time!

The emergency board meeting happened midweek with BR present - FACT!! However it wasn't disclosed as to what got said!!
I've seen the minutes and it went something like this:

Brendan - I believe we can still achieve promotion

Sir John - That's what I like to hear, As I've said before I'm committed to achieving promotion whatever the costs

Hammond - Perhaps if funds are avaialble a loan signings could help turn our fortunes around quicker

Sir John - Have the business case and return on investment appraisal on my desk by the end of the month and I will make sure it's on the agenda for the next annual board meeting, in the meantime you should try to offload at least 3 more players in order to free up some wages for this new signing and make sure it isn't a big name player as I'm the star around here and don't you forget it.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Oct 2009 13:49

(.)Boobies(.) Rodgers seen leaving the ground afterwards looking very drawn and lost.

Same as most weeks then to be fair.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Oct 2009 13:50

(.)Boobies(.) Rather worryingly, Tony Adams and Steve Cotterall we're in the stands watching last night.

Adams in for Pearce, Cotterall up front.

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 27 Oct 2009 13:54

Well, having been able to watch Reading for ninety minutes, rather than just read about them, my belief in him is strengthened. He ought to have hundreds of games left as Reading Manager, but has SJM the resolve to support the man he knows is right for the job?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Oct 2009 13:59

ROKERITE Well, having been able to watch Reading for ninety minutes, rather than just read about them, my belief in him is strengthened.

ALOL :lol:

Lots of people on here purring, almost crowing about the performance. Best I have seen us play this season too.....and we didn't score and we lost. And that only ever leads to one thing:

Relegation time - come on!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Oct 2009 15:30

floyd__streete
ROKERITE Well, having been able to watch Reading for ninety minutes, rather than just read about them, my belief in him is strengthened.

Lots of people on here purring, almost crowing about the performance. Best I have seen us play this season too.....and we didn't score and we lost. And that only ever leads to one thing:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Oct 2009 16:12

floyd__streete

We play anything like that and we'll be fine this season.

Relegation? Zero chance. :lol:

yuomi

by yuomi » 27 Oct 2009 16:21

Royal Rother
floyd__streete

We play anything like that and we'll be fine this season.

anything like a team who cant hit a barn door and made a middling bunch of championship over-acheivers look good for 90 minutes? id say if that form continues we will be sure fire candidates for relegation. need i remind you that lengthens our dizzying spell of spectacular home form, along with our amazing record this term for goals scored. that we managed to ping a few more shots past the post than normal is no great feat.

we are playing in the guise of relegation contenders. we are on our own, we're playing for time and its running out.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Oct 2009 16:29

Royal Rother We play anything like that and we'll be fine this season.

I was actually feeling much better about things up until I read that, but now I'm much more sensible and realistic. :cry:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 Oct 2009 16:31

yuomi made a middling bunch of championship over-acheivers look good for 90 minutes?

I'm sorry but that one's got me completely flummoxed.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Oct 2009 16:41

How many goals have we scored this season? This is why we are where we are. End of.

Next? :roll:

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 27 Oct 2009 18:58

Ideal
floyd__streete

It's just real funny how everyone is so happy about our play when we lost.
If this is as good as it gets with Rodgers in charge, and we still lose, then what hope is there for Clodagh?

But it isn't as good as it gets, providing he gets time to prove it. I always think the old saying should be paraphrased to "children, fools and football fans shouldn't see a thing half-finished"; and Brendan Rodgers' reconstruction of Reading is a lot less than half-finished so far. Anyway, I'm off to see which Sunderland team turns up at the SOL tonight; the one that outplays manu and Liverpool or the one that capitulates to Birmingham City without a whimper.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 27 Oct 2009 18:59

Well it seems that he'll have a little while longer yet after all the positive vibes taken from last nights game.

259 posts