Fan power

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fan power

by Thaumagurist* » 28 Oct 2009 12:16

BR2 What a pig-ignorant response.

Says the man who thinks that every englishman is a white man.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Oct 2009 12:19

Thaumagurist*

Do you have any friends in this world Spacey?
If not,ask yourself "why not?"

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 28 Oct 2009 12:20

Thaumagurist*

What! they arnt? :oops:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2009 12:21

BR2
Ian Royal
friday fan I've followed reading for 45 years now and remember when we had the 3rd and 4th division and looking forward to cup draws to see which big name club we were playing for example the watney Cup game against Man U. when we finally got to the Pemier league I thought never in my day would I see that but I have. What has happened since Sir Steve has left has been disgraceful. You have to think for a minute why did SSC leave, he left because he knew the Chairman wanted to 'cut the cloth' = no transfer funds and selling players. He stayed after premier league relegation because he is an honest man and really thought he could get us up straight away. Sure he made some bad decisions but if he had bought in the Jan transfer window we could have survived but were the funds for his targets really available, I'm sure one day when he decides to write a book we will all know. NOW turning attention to the current situation, take a note out of the disenchanted Man U fans they formed a new club which has done well in the short time they have been in existence. We do have a second club, Reading Town. Lets imagine just for one game, everyone deserts the Royals and attends the Reading Town game, a message will be sent, the gate receipts for Reading Town would be a season boost and perhaps Madjeski might get the message that if he spirals us down to Conference level then Reading Town might be an alternative. A protest day is not a pants day or inflatables or chants it is merely supporting our alternative team ie Reading Town.

Comments?

Proof length of time as a fan has nothing to do with intelligence or understanding of our club and it's situation.

Get lost.

What a pig-ignorant response.
The bloke was setting the scene of where he has been with our club and how he now feels.
Nothing wrong with that.

The only pig-ignorant bit is the bit I was quoting, although you're making a pretty good stab at contending for that as well.

What's wrong with it is it shows he has no idea about what's going on at the club and he makes a frankly ludicrous suggestion.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 28 Oct 2009 12:43

Perhaps Ian you can enlighten the rest of us on what is going on at our club as most of us really don't know.
What we see is our club sliding back down to the 3rd division and we don't like it.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 28 Oct 2009 12:48

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. :P

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 28 Oct 2009 13:23

BR2
Ian Royal
friday fan I've followed reading for 45 years now and remember when we had the 3rd and 4th division and looking forward to cup draws to see which big name club we were playing for example the watney Cup game against Man U. when we finally got to the Pemier league I thought never in my day would I see that but I have. What has happened since Sir Steve has left has been disgraceful. You have to think for a minute why did SSC leave, he left because he knew the Chairman wanted to 'cut the cloth' = no transfer funds and selling players. He stayed after premier league relegation because he is an honest man and really thought he could get us up straight away. Sure he made some bad decisions but if he had bought in the Jan transfer window we could have survived but were the funds for his targets really available, I'm sure one day when he decides to write a book we will all know. NOW turning attention to the current situation, take a note out of the disenchanted Man U fans they formed a new club which has done well in the short time they have been in existence. We do have a second club, Reading Town. Lets imagine just for one game, everyone deserts the Royals and attends the Reading Town game, a message will be sent, the gate receipts for Reading Town would be a season boost and perhaps Madjeski might get the message that if he spirals us down to Conference level then Reading Town might be an alternative. A protest day is not a pants day or inflatables or chants it is merely supporting our alternative team ie Reading Town.

Comments?

Proof length of time as a fan has nothing to do with intelligence or understanding of our club and it's situation.

Get lost.

The bloke was setting the scene of where he has been with our club and how he now feels.
Nothing wrong with that.

wat r you :?: his boyfriend :?: lol

royal.badger

by royal.badger » 28 Oct 2009 13:25

Comments?

You have got no chance with the muppets that come on this board.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 28 Oct 2009 13:33

friday fan Comments?

You could try breaking your enormous block of text up into paragraphs.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Oct 2009 18:30

BR2
Ian Royal

Comments?

Get lost.

Nothing wrong with that.

Certain HNA posters unable to make their points without resorting to belligerence and rudeness shocker. :roll:

Spot on BR2.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Oct 2009 18:38

Comments?

Excuse the sheer immature rudeness of this board friday fan. Top post.

I would disagree with going to support Reading Town tbh, but I see what you're saying and agree with everything else you wrote.

Too many people think that Madejksi has done us an enormous favour and live up his rectum. But the fact of the matter is, and always has been, that this is as much a business venture to him (with a bit of ego boosting thrown in) as anything else AND as the BIGGEST TOWN in England with a HUGE catchment area and THRIVING place sooner or later, Madejski or no Madejski we would end up with a Premiership club. A perfect business opportunity. And he took it. Just like the rest of Reading has boomed in the last 45 years, it was only inevitable that our football club would too.

The town deserves a Premiership club. Let's stop a*selicking Madejski.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 28 Oct 2009 19:30

Comments?

Now if one of he hobnob clique suggested this would he get the insults you have mate

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 28 Oct 2009 19:38

2 world wars, 1 world cup
The town deserves a Premiership club.

LOL

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 28 Oct 2009 19:42

I think the OP has some merits, because the fact remains that we are given this rhetoric from the club about how "well-run" we are, yet "well-run" clubs don't get relegated two years out of three, which at this stage of the season is a real possibility. We clearly have a chairman who no longer wants to invest in the club in an attempt to get it back to where he wants it to be, instead relying on the club to be self-sufficient. Whilst self-sufficiency may have been the right way to go in the Premier League, it doesn't seem to be possible at Championship level as results and performances are currently showing. I appreciate that the Chairman wants Reading FC to be self-sufficient at the highest level, but it seems that his sheer bloody-mindedness in getting us that way is only going to drive us down. If he wants to sell up, it's going to be much harder selling up in League 1 than in the Championship! If we really truly aspire to be a Premier League club, we need to speculate to accumulate.

When I speak about investment, I mean controlled investment in the right areas of the playing staff. Unfortunately, with what happened in July and August with us selling and loaning our best assets, this means that currently there needs to be more investment all over the park, and not just in select areas.

With regards to protests, IMO people need to get the message of what they want to the club collectively, and not just turn their backs on them. Of course, we come to the sheer bloody-mindedness of JM who, in the face of "fan power" would probably refuse to budge. The guy's allegedly a c*nt like that.

working class hero

by working class hero » 28 Oct 2009 20:56

Dirk Gently

Comments?

Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot .....

So go home then.... :roll:
The man makes some valid points and 45 years of watching RFC is bound to be detrimental to the psyche anyway!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2009 22:16

BR2 Perhaps Ian you can enlighten the rest of us on what is going on at our club as most of us really don't know.
What we see is our club sliding back down to the 3rd division and we don't like it.

Done it too many times before with people like you paying not the blindest bit of notice to bother on a waste of space thread like this.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Oct 2009 23:40

Dirk Gently

Comments?

Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot .....
bang out of order there Dirkers

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 29 Oct 2009 09:38

2 world wars, 1 world cup

Comments?

Excuse the sheer immature rudeness of this board friday fan. Top post.

The town deserves a Premiership club. Let's stop a*selicking Madejski.

Given that my response was a simple question at the heart of what he was suggesting was met with this little gem....
friday fan to all who have responded up until now feck off u newbies

.... then you'll forgive me if I don't really agree that he deserves any more respect than anyone else.

As for the "this town deserves a Premeirship club", then why was it only Madejski that saw this potential back in the day when we were a struggling third tier team in a lovely but piss stenched ramshackle old shed of a ground? This town has got several Premiership clubs as far as a huge chunk of football following Reading based folk are concerned. As many people travel outside of Reading to watch football as actually go to the Madejski on a Saturday. Difficult to buck that trend without forking out fortunes we can't afford to guarantee (ha ha) season after season of top flight football.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Oct 2009 12:23

BR2 Perhaps Ian you can enlighten the rest of us on what is going on at our club as most of us really don't know.

Short + completely & utterly to the point!

I suspect the answer may come straight from The Gospel According To Sir John!

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 29 Oct 2009 14:01

It is interesting to read on here about how we deserve to be a Premiership club because it is now a Premiership town.
When I moved away from Reading we were a Div3/4 club and Reading was a bit like Swindon-a little town out west somewhere.
Since those days and the development of everything close to the M4 I see Reading now as more of a Championship club town rather than of the lower divisions and I agree that with or without Mr Mad it would have become a Championship club again at some time.
Having exceeded expectations briefly just like Oxford and Swindon much earlier and getting to the top level the big disappointment is that just like those other two old enemies we will probably go back down to lower levels again because the club,despite a decent infrastrucure,is still of a lower-level mentality.
Contrary to that clubs like Wigan and Bolton have kept it all going partly due to not being afraid to invest when necessary in the likes of Cahill,Taylor and in Wigan's case South Americans without breaking the bank.

I know this is getting away from the original topic but it is great to get the feeling that there are Reading people on here who are clearly proud of their town just like I have been over the years but even though the town might feel as though it is a recent success story I think the club is not quite so successful and we just have to accept that other clubs are better run like Bolton and so on and that is why they can retain their status despite the intense competition for fans in the area where they operate.
What I would say is that if we do get relegated the people associated with the club at board,managerial and player levels should hang their heads in shame for underperforming.