Stoke fan here fellas

144 posts
AmazingMan

Stoke fan here fellas

by AmazingMan » 02 Nov 2009 21:01

Alright guys, I work with a bloke from Reading who was banging on about second season syndrome to me and saying we'd be certainties to go down, not looking like it so far (despite buying a whole bunch of rejects from your lot).

Anyway we are doing pretty well at the moment and I don't want to rub it in but I have no idea how the likes of Sonko and Kitson formed part of a record-breaking team.

Let's face it football has moved on a long way since then and you lot have been left behind. I am amazed and not amazed by how far and how quickly you have fallen. For a year or so you were the underdog's model, now you have been forgotten. We are the team of the everyman now and unlike you lot, we will stick around. I wish you all the best in your fight against relegation, if you have any sense you will adopt our forceful, vibrant, attacking form of football, We are physical, strong and passionate at the moment and from watching you lot, it seems those are exactly the qualities you are lacking. Also from what I recall your new stadium lacks a bit of atmosphere so get behind your guys even if they are shocking.

I hope the friendship between our two clubs will continue, we have always gotten on well, and who knows you may get the chance to earn a big payday if you draw us away in a cup tie, also we may help you out with some loans from our reserves.

Best wishes and here's hoping you guys don't slide into administration and honestly you may think it's a permanent decline but believe it or not, we too were a shambles once. I really would ignore the doom-mongers, I can see you guys, at the very least maintaining your status as a football league club in the next few years. I hope you guys are not "doing a luton" - you deserve some kind of league club and a more vociferous support. Just maintain the belief that that can be achieved and you'll be ok.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Stoke fan here fellas

by Archie's penalty » 02 Nov 2009 21:05

WUM. Oh and fcuk off newbie.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 02 Nov 2009 21:10

I can see us being a Premier League club in the next 2-3 years.

Fair play to Stoke for becoming a credible Premiership team and perhaps they will push on and stick around for a few years to come.

But honestly.....Sidibe up front, Beattie getting on a bit, season's built around long throws and pumping the ball forwards.....

I'm not sure longevity is a word you'll need to be chucking around the potteries for any amount of time.

Thanks for your really kind and pleasant thoughts though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Nov 2009 21:19

Fair play, a far better calibre of WUM than we've had recently - AE and Kes take note.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Nov 2009 21:21

Maybe it's Jay.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 02 Nov 2009 21:22

What is 'WUM'? :oops:

Also some good points in that post, welcome.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Nov 2009 21:24

My case rests. :wink:

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 02 Nov 2009 21:28

Oh no, don't be like that ... :oops:

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 02 Nov 2009 21:31

ayup duck

back to your Burslem slum

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Nov 2009 21:31

AmazingMan Alright guys, I work with a bloke from Reading who was banging on about second season syndrome to me and saying we'd be certainties to go down, not looking like it so far (despite buying a whole bunch of rejects from your lot).

Anyway we are doing pretty well at the moment and I don't want to rub it in but I have no idea how the likes of Sonko and Kitson formed part of a record-breaking team.

Let's face it football has moved on a long way since then and you lot have been left behind. I am amazed and not amazed by how far and how quickly you have fallen. For a year or so you were the underdog's model, now you have been forgotten. We are the team of the everyman now and unlike you lot, we will stick around. I wish you all the best in your fight against relegation, if you have any sense you will adopt our forceful, vibrant, attacking form of football, We are physical, strong and passionate at the moment and from watching you lot, it seems those are exactly the qualities you are lacking. Also from what I recall your new stadium lacks a bit of atmosphere so get behind your guys even if they are shocking.

I hope the friendship between our two clubs will continue, we have always gotten on well, and who knows you may get the chance to earn a big payday if you draw us away in a cup tie, also we may help you out with some loans from our reserves.

Best wishes and here's hoping you guys don't slide into administration and honestly you may think it's a permanent decline but believe it or not, we too were a shambles once. I really would ignore the doom-mongers, I can see you guys, at the very least maintaining your status as a football league club in the next few years. I hope you guys are not "doing a luton" - you deserve some kind of league club and a more vociferous support. Just maintain the belief that that can be achieved and you'll be ok.

How long did it take for you to type all that only for no-one to care one iota? Unlucky.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 02 Nov 2009 21:33

AmazingMan Alright guys, I work with a bloke from Reading who was banging on about second season syndrome to me and saying we'd be certainties to go down, not looking like it so far (despite buying a whole bunch of rejects from your lot).

About time you did a glory post... we left you behind for years. :roll:

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Nov 2009 21:42

I would class Stoke & Reading as similar size clubs now - they have largely been in the same league for the last 15 years - in fact this is probably the only time during that period they have been more successful & in a higher division.

When they go back down (next 2 years a certainty) their gates will be back around the 12-14k mark as they were when last a mid championship side.

I would rather watch a side that at least tries to play then the dross they put out every week - cannot wait for sunday's sky game with Hull - how the hell was that game chosen for live TV??

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 02 Nov 2009 21:46

I take my hat off to you my friend one of the best WUM's in a long time

Although I will enjoy playing you next season, We we're good at points in our second season I remember beating Liverpool that year

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Nov 2009 21:46

Haven't seen much of TMD lately.

But it can't be much of a WUM if no-one gets WU.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 02 Nov 2009 21:49

you'd think Stoke were world beaters judging by that post.

Its early in the season and Stoke could go on a horrific run, i hope not i have a few friends up there, I think its a little too early to get arrogant, as we all too well know.

Pulis has done a dam fine job though it has to be said.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 02 Nov 2009 22:03

AmazingMan I hope the friendship between our two clubs will continue, we have always gotten on well,

Nice sentiment, but a right load of bollox.

I can think of at least four occasions when I've been on the receiving end from delightful Stoke fans. Up there with Burnley and Wolves for being a right bunch of loathsome scumbags.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Nov 2009 22:07

Last edited by Uke on 02 Nov 2009 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 02 Nov 2009 22:16

You sound nice, what are you wearing?

Cookie

by Cookie » 02 Nov 2009 22:30

AmazingMan I am amazed and not amazed by how far and how quickly you have fallen. For a year or so you were the underdog's model, now you have been forgotten.

Forgotten? Well not by you and me. :lol:

We're amazed as well, but most of the team you're referring to are still plying their trade in the Premier League, (even Sonko) having effectively been shown the door by Madejski's yes-man.

BTW The Clarets are the Underdog's Model now.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 02 Nov 2009 22:37

For what its worth, we were in a similar position to Stoke at this point in the season when we got relegated. Its those 8 losses on the trot that spring up on you!

144 posts